The Testing Game!!

Mojoguy01

Reaction score
Here's how you play:
-Create 4 "free trial" accounts EACH with a different email, & basic information (different birthdays, etc etc).

+) Step #1:
-The first account uses "/warp t" & "/warp s" a LOT in different zones (make sure you do NOT use either of these to get across a zone faster to get to another zone! This may be triggering a piggyzone timed trigger!)

-The Second account uses "/gate" a LOT for about an hour, and then logs off for the day.

-The Third account uses /zone with a 60second piggyzone timer to get from 1 zone to a zone 6 jumps away!

-Lastly, the Fourth account uses /fartaunt a LOT in some nooby starter area where NO ONE is around to see. Do this for about an hour or two then log!

+)Step #2: Check all four account's status via EqPlayers, or SOE account management system, for the next couple of days for suspensions.

+)Step #3: PROFIT!

My results:
Currently the /warp & /fartaunt accounts are untouched as of Saturday morning when I started this. However, my /gate & /piggyzone accounts are suspended already :'(!

-Mojo

I did this on 3 brand new accounts. Did the charm.mac on all 3 accounts, with delay intact. (If you don't know, that mac warps, stealths and zones repeatedly. I only /zone to pok and GL with 1 and thats the 1 that got suspended. ..... as of 10 minutes ago, 2 of the 3 are still active.

I used /fartaunt and /gate on my main account religiously and it's still active.

This is repetitious on my part cus I've said same in other threads, but I had info, hope it helps.

I keep seeing a handful of people saying they have used /gate and not gotten suspended or banned. My question is this, Does your character already have that ability through spell or AA. Not item, but Spell or AA. Just curious if there is any correlation between someone getting banned for using gate with a non-gating class or not.

what about the people who say they dont use any active hacks and got a suspension.

I keep seeing a handful of people saying they have used /gate and not gotten suspended or banned. My question is this, Does your character already have that ability through spell or AA. Not item, but Spell or AA. Just curious if there is any correlation between someone getting banned for using gate with a non-gating class or not.

I have gated and fartaunted with my war, who had no gate or aa gate. In fact I still have my PoK gate book with all 5 charges. And he is still active.

Mage, Cleric, Necro of mine all banned. All have gate spell/AA.

Also, 3 melee banned as well.

No correlation, from what I can tell.

Mage, Cleric, Necro of mine all banned. All have gate spell/AA.

Also, 3 melee banned as well.

No correlation, from what I can tell.

Outright "Banned", or simply suspended? To clarify:

Banned: Will NEVER be unsuspended EVER!

Suspended: account locked for 3-4 calender days.

I'm thinking the new anti hacking tools are ..well lets just say crappy..my friend has a top 10 server wide toon..doesn't use MQ at all and was suspended.

My 1 toon I /gate../zone../warp t about 100 times in 1 hr a week ago doing going postal ( look that up was all /zone, /gate,/warp t) was suspended 1 day with 7 day free play and apology letter .../boggle

I'm thinking the new anti hacking tools are ..well lets just say crappy..my friend has a top 10 server wide toon..doesn't use MQ at all and was suspended.

My 1 toon I /gate../zone../warp t about 100 times in 1 hr a week ago doing going postal ( look that up was all /zone, /gate,/warp t) was suspended 1 day with 7 day free play and apology letter .../boggle

Yea, i don't know what the hell they've done, but it's REALLY bad. It looks like ANYONE and EVERYONE who boxes got hit, and two of my guildies who box 6+ toons were hit too, but got an apology letter and are back in-game. The funny part is that they BOTH use MQ ;). I'm the only one left not to get a letter :'(

He's saying that, yes even a banned account literally can sometimes after quite a bit of time passes be unbanned.

Last edited:
He's saying that, yes even a banned account literally can sometimes after quite a bit of time passes be unbanned.

I can vouch for this. I had an account banned for about 3 years. I used to call SoE all the time pleading my case and was told that it would never ever ever be released. Well, I called when I heard that SoE was doing a major push trying to get people to come back, and they told me that I better be a "model" citizen and that I was on probation. As soon as they told me that, I was over here and getting a new sub!

Wondering how safe fastmem is. I have huge issues with Devestator's macs and mq2cast errors, and that is one plugin that has helped somewhat.

Haven't used it since the motd warnings.

Yea, i don't know what the hell they've done, but it's REALLY bad. It looks like ANYONE and EVERYONE who boxes got hit, and two of my guildies who box 6+ toons were hit too, but got an apology letter and are back in-game. The funny part is that they BOTH use MQ ;). I'm the only one left not to get a letter :'(

Of the 17 accounts I use none were hit, I box at least 6 toons to do missions ect, sometimes 7-10 if I'm xp'ing in open zones. I was using everything I normally do (warp, gate, melee, fastmem) till last Saturday, then I stopped and didn't have MQ loaded at all this week, but kept boxing my toons with Isbox. So they didn't target all boxers.... maybe people petitioned a lot of people this week though and that also has something to do with is sense SoE has so much hipe on this? I know a lot of people were on a witch hunt. Only issue I had was with a junk account I was messing around with during the week testing gate, sense I love to use this wanted to get an idea.

Also, a friend of mine who boxes 3-6 toons continued to use MQ all week, but stopped using warp ect last Sunday after MOTD, but he kept using melee, twist, stick ect. No issue at all there either.

Have same basic info else were but figured a bit less spam here and might find it helpful if you didn't already see it. But think it might also be possible that either people were being petitioned or possibly they were actively looking on other servers more were more issues had been reported in the past?

Also a side note, I have had 3 or 4 random people ask me how I box my entire group this past week, I just said Isboxxer, they didn't bug me anymore after that and was rather random. I also don't know how they could have known it was me boxing the entire group in less it was possibly a GM....... but this could have also just been random and they just assumed it was all me (I also didn't pay much attention to my other toons for tells) So take it however you want, but maybe they were keeping tabs on boxers?

This is on Tunare btw, sorry lol

Last edited:
Also some useful info from anyone who got hit that weren't using anything but melee and other basics. Did you have piggyzone loaded still or did you unload it entirely? Fastmem ect.

Also be useful info for anyone testing stuff with /gate, /zone ect to say were it was when it happened, I had one junk account I used gate on a few times during the week, nothing else just /gate. He was bound in PoK at soul binder, so each gate was taking him to PoK.

That could also be something they have is anything linked to PoK or a given zone, as some say they used gate, warp, ect all week without issue. Possibly they avoided the zones with checks in them?

I didn't get suspended either on any of my accounts, and I run a MINIMUM of 2-3 accounts at all times. When I am grouping it's usually 4-6 accounts.

I had 2 of my 4 originally suspended. 1 of the 2 was then released with the appology. I use /gate, /warp, piggyzone, reachit, stealth and fade on a limited basis on all 4 accounts. From what I've gathered they look to be targeting the heavy users first for the period of logs they took and may have let some of the less frequent occurrences go overlooked for this round of suspensions. Any thoughts?

Last edited: