The Nagafen Monster Mission Macro - BE CAREFUL RUNNING

They stealth nerfed this mission and added another wave of mobs from what I can tell. Made a few changes to it and got it working again. Not sure why I had to and no one else seems to have needed it though.

eqisdead

With the current down time on warping and etc, is this mac in its pure Fry form activly safe and working?

From what I see you go to an npc ( which one? ) in LS and activate the mac via /mac naggy ( after you add up to 3 character names to the ini).

I am a big lsmm user but since warp is no longer safe I am looking to naggy for now.

Thanks.

There is one minor problem with the macro

Code:
|--
|##Holds macro when you die
|--------------------------
Sub Event_Slain 
	:wait1
	/delay 1s
	/target myself
	/if (${Me.PctHPs}<5) /goto :wait1
	/if (!${Target.ID}) /goto :wait1
	/delay 3s
	/if (${Me.Race.Name.Equal[Dragon]} && ${Me.Class.Name.Equal[Warrior]}) {
	/fade
	}
	/if (${SpawnCount[pc race Dragon]}==0 && ${SpawnCount[pc]}<=2) {
	/fade
	}
/return

It uses fade on naggy if you die to get out of the instance, I could not find a legit way around this. The fade command wont work due to MQ2MMOBugsTools not being loaded but it may break the macro if Naggy dies.

Fry.

Ah so whenever you die it will fade you, or is the fade only for when the macro ends?

Basically no fade = no macro?

There is a flaw in the monster mission. When Naggy dies he can get stuck in a death loop even though he has no active mission. There was no other way to get out of the mission other than fading or /q'ing.

It only happened about once every few days. The macro will still be safe since you don't have MQ2MMOBugsTools loaded so the fade command wont work, but you may get stuck in a death loop if you leave it afk.

Fry.

Ah okay, its worth the risk.

Which npc do I need to be near in LS.

Using the active mmobugs compile this macro will simply not be able to fade and just death loop until the MM timer is up?

This should answer your questions.

This macro uses no active hacks unlike other monster mission macros unless you get stuck in the mission after a failed mission. I was left with no choice but to /fade if you fail a mission or you will get trapped inside the mission in a death loop. This is a EQ bug not a macro bug.

Usage
Save both files into your macro folder. Edit NaggyChars.ini and add the character names next to the monster names. If you are only using five characters you can leave two of them blank, same deal with four or three characters, you just need to leave the monsters you won’t be using blank. Run the macro with the command /macro Naggy on each character. Start the macro in Lavastorm next to "a weary traveler". Start the Nagafen's character macro last.

When entering mission for first time, spend your AA's and click save. The macro will auto load your saved AA's next mission. Also make Kick Hotkey for Nagafen. The more priests you add to the mission the least likely you are to fail it.

With our current MacroQuest2 version you should be safe running it.

Fry.

Looting problem? I win every mission then at the end it says:
"There are no spawns matching: (0-100) corpse Race:chest"

Basically nobody loots so I fail the mission. Anybody else getting that? What might I be doing wrong?

/target npc race chest
then it delays, moves to the chest and does /open.

Problem is, it never obtains the chest as a target. Any other way to target a chest? could I target it by name? "An ornate chest"?

I'll try.

Looting problem? I win every mission then at the end it says:
"There are no spawns matching: (0-100) corpse Race:chest"

Basically nobody loots so I fail the mission. Anybody else getting that? What might I be doing wrong?

Use the version in our current macroquest2 compile, or the version posted a few posts up.

Fry.

Sorry, just noticed your post. Thanks for the speedy reply. I'll try that one instead.

is this macro still safe to run? or are GMs watching it like a hawk?

I had one little problem. For some reason, it just stopped running for one character. He got the new mission but never selected his mob or said Imagine to the assling. I had to stop the mission running and bring the others out. When I restarted, he went into the mission but then just stood there. I'm camping everyone out and starting over.

This may be hard to reproduce...

When you got the others out of the mission did you try restarting the macro on that character? Sometimes those stupid swirling smokes attack people and mess the macro up, most of the time all it takes is restarting the macro.

eqisdead

It hasn't done it since. So far so good. Not as fast as LS MM but it's still nice to grind out some AA or levels on autopilot. I'm certainly not going to let it run 24/7 like before though. You still have that window of vulnerability when the leader is in LS for 2 minutes.

For those having problems opening the chest at the end,

about 2/3rd the way down the macro change it from targeting "npc race chest" to target "any race chest"

Steve

The macro listed in the current compiles fixed any chest looting issues quite a while back unless they changed it again with yesterday's patch.

eqisdead