The Nagafen Monster Mission Macro - BE CAREFUL RUNNING

Only problems I'm having are it hanging on the enchanter and waking up to find all 6 toons standing in LS, macro not running.

The enchanter bug is one I've talked about here and has been around a while. I've seen countless times where the final NPC left was an enchanter, always a female inky, and she just kept casting spells over and over on Naggy. beguile, anarchy, shallow breath, over and over. No one agroed her. I found that if I just hit f8 on the Naggy screen to target her, all my assistants would go over and pound her into the ground. The problem persists up to now.

And this morning I woke up to find the whole crew standing in LS, 3 missions successfully done. That means they had been standing there for 4 fucking hours. God only knows why. I simply can't trust this macro to leave it running while away for long periods. I'm only going to use it when busy around the house, where I can keep an eye on it, or out for short periods.

I've never seen/experienced this problem.. I have noticed however that if I leave all the bots running in third person camera (directly behind the character, F9 twice after being in first person view) the bots have no problems.

If I don't put the bots into this third person perspective, the bots don't react to different things a LOT of the time. Perhaps you can try this and post to see if it works for you?

I've been using this for a while now and I've convinced myself to stop. It used to work perfectly but now I ran into a real bad problem and i have zero exlanation for it.

After 9 succesful and 0 failed missions (about), they started to zone out immediately, causing them to be outside for a considerable amount of time. Enough to kill a 65 well geared shaman from a swirling smoke meleeing him.

After he died, they continued to go into the instance with just 2 people, failing ~ 22 times before they decided to just hang around outside for 2 hours until I woke up. The scary part is that they faded 22 times in a row, not that they were afk. And I have zero idea why they stoped.

This macro is written really well but it just seems to slowly become more and more ...fragile to me. Again I have zero idea what could have caused this problem.

-----
Here you go, screen shot of the enchanter bug. Right after I took it I hit F8 on the Naggy screen and immediately all the giant went and pounded on the inky. But this happens all the time. Hope it helps in debugging.

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/8333/eq000004mv4.jpg

I've seen this problem, but for me it's only on wave 6 and they just stand there for about 5 minutes before they decide to kill him. So eventually they do.

I've seen this problem, but for me it's only on wave 6 and they just stand there for about 5 minutes before they decide to kill him. So eventually they do.

I think what your talking about is the enc is OOR of the macro (done to keep giants from leaving the main naggy area beond the gate and hung up in the lava or down the hallway. I had a giant get feared down the hall and it sucked). Chanters will often cast from this OOR point in the macro and will at some point run out of mana and move in to melee where naggy and the giants will then pound the snot out of them. Adds about 1-2 min to the MM, I never found it to be a big deal myself.

I have been using the macro extensively and have tweaked out all the stupid bugs it had with not looting (loots 100% everytime, tested with 6 sessions, in any mode fullscreen, minimised or otherwise), changed the looting moveto pointless stuff and replaced with a more simplistic approach that dosent cause problems with Giants looting, Naggy waits until everyone has looted before ruining it by looting to soon, repositioning Naggy to a better location, removed Naggy spam trying to Kick when oor, sorting out the max travel range of the Giants so they dont piggy back and fourth wasting about 5-8 mins per mission, fixed the little twat invading enchanter that likes to hang back, added checks for those bastard swirling smokes and kill them.

If you are interested in it and willing to offer some extra subscription time to me, I'll fire it up ere :)

Best run so far is 87 missions and 1 fail (due to disconnect).

What is the advantage to running these missions?

Advantage to running these missions, load up run 10 hours later you have about 10aa, so while yo sleep you get free aa, it uses very little active hacks, ie no warping or anything like that, only way you get in trouble with this is if a gm sees you or you are reported, as logs will show virtually nothing, well maybe fade but thats rarely if ever used. As for the enchanter "bug", it's not a bug the enchanter is just oor when it goes oom it will run and suicide.

If you are interested in it and willing to offer some extra subscription time to me, I'll fire it up ere :)

If your holding out for extra subscription time thats cool if you don't want to post it. But I myself would like to take a look at it to see how you fixed the wineq looting problem, could PM it to me please?

PS: you may want to send Fry a PM and ask, he may not be following this thread.

Best run so far is 87 missions and 1 fail (due to disconnect).

You know your going to get busted running this thing that long don't you? I will run it every now and then for maybe 1-3 MM's (always at keyboard) and then move on to something else. 88 times tho your just asking for trouble IMHO.

Advantage to running these missions, load up run 10 hours later you have about 10aa, so while yo sleep you get free aa, it uses very little active hacks, ie no warping or anything like that, only way you get in trouble with this is if a gm sees you or you are reported, as logs will show virtually nothing, well maybe fade but thats rarely if ever used. As for the enchanter "bug", it's not a bug the enchanter is just oor when it goes oom it will run and suicide.

Agreed on the first part. Because I no longer trust the macro to work properly, I don't run it overnight. But when I work at home, or on weekends when I'm busy during the day, I let it run and accumulate the AA. But yes, you will get much faster AA at 75 in Rifts than you will running this.

Just heard of a rumor that there was a mass banning on a few servers for using this macro or the lavastorm one. It's a great macro but I'd really advise away from it at this point as there is no guarantee it will work, and it's more risky every day.

Well it's not so much of a rumor as I know for a fact that (atleast)12 people were banned last night for naggy/lavastorm macro during a Lavastorm GM event, and that the event went on through more than 1 server.

GM event? What's this GM event you speak of?

(/sarcasm off)

Ok, if that's the case, then it was GMs being in the right place at the right time. Not like Sony went through the logs, etc.

Yes, but if they were in the right place at the right time and got enough bans to validate a log check? Well then there you go. You can't ignore facts when they are brought to you by GMs about 50, 100, 200+ people abusing a macro. Numbers may be exagerated, but what does SoE need to validate a check like this?

If they want to ban people who use a macro that doesn't directly F with other people, they can ban me and probably half the community. Frankly speaking EQ is having a tough time keeping people as it is. The last thing they need is to ban a ton of people for a macro like this. I can't see them wasting time burning through a bunch of logs when from my experience half the tech support is from India at the moment to begin with, and they are probably working valiantly trying to file immigration paperwork to enter the US or gain Naturalization instead. They have other issues they should be worrying about.

Not to mention theres no active hacks in the naggy mission(the very rare fade being the exception )there for logs show nothing... the lavastorm macro is a different story with all the warping. If 12 people got banned for the naggy mission, its just as said gms in right place at right time and people being down right stupid to run these with a gm event going on....

Not to mention theres no active hacks in the naggy mission(the very rare fade being the exception )there for logs show nothing... the lavastorm macro is a different story with all the warping. If 12 people got banned for the naggy mission, its just as said gms in right place at right time and people being down right stupid to run these with a gm event going on....

good points, though the people weren't exactly stupid to run the Macro as they didn't know that when they went to bed or out of the house that a GM event would be going on within a few hours. Wrong place wrong time. Either way I think more attention is drawn to this macro than ever before, which is just my personal warning. That being said I've ran hundreds of successful missions and I've never been caught so do as you feel. To me, the risks outweighs the benefits.

I use MQ during Guide events, like horse races and shit =p /warp dir 10 rapid fire 4tw.