The Nagafen Monster Mission Macro - BE CAREFUL RUNNING

I plan to add a few minor changes to the macro. I just don't have the characters to test it with at the moment. Soon hopefully....I keep the first post updated with bugs.

Fry.

I had someone tell me they were almost suspended for running this macro. A GM told them they were moving like an NPC. So sounds like either GM's are checking monster missions for macroers or they were reported by someone.

I think we need to find another mission in a more remote location. Only problem is it takes me about two weeks straight of work to do up a macro like this to run near flawless so it may be awhile.

Fry.

wtf

toons movign like npcs wtf!

im telign you somoen has to be a nark cause i had no problems on povar so far, i hate narks! :mad:

stone brunt mm

thers a mm in stone brunt that pays about 80 to 85 percent aa

Cleric nuke'age

I know this is a little off of the current topic in the thread.. and I hope this wasn't asked already, if so feel free to delete me I will re-read the thread (must have missed it the first time). Is there a way to add the cleric nuke abilities to the actions preformed? Im running 2 clerics and naggy and their melee dps isn't the best. Not sure if their nukes are any good either but just a thought.. thanks!

You would finish before the timer and have to wait anyhow for new mission request. This means being outside. More exposure.

BradFL said:
I know this is a little off of the current topic in the thread.. and I hope this wasn't asked already, if so feel free to delete me I will re-read the thread (must have missed it the first time). Is there a way to add the cleric nuke abilities to the actions preformed? Im running 2 clerics and naggy and their melee dps isn't the best. Not sure if their nukes are any good either but just a thought.. thanks!

When testing we decided to not make clerics nuke as there mana is really used to keep everyone else alive. There nuke isn't even that great anyway. I'm sure it could be written but I believe it would increase the chances of unneeded deaths. In the early stages we weren’t even going to make the priests melee.

Fry.

Well I played around with the loot timers and had no luck with them at all. The problem of having the toons not looting is with the ones in the background of wineq. It may be the "Do you want to loot the NO TRADE" window that pops up? I notice that if I right click on the shards I get no such window. I am going to look at the code and try and change it to right clicks and see if that does anything.

As for making a new AFK MM macro I don't think its wise to make it in a more remote location. To me this just draws more attention to anyone using it when the first person gets busted using it IMHO anyways. I always been more incline to see something more random acting in macros. make them look like players and not NPC's. For example when the toons zone back the lava don't have them just stand there in the same place, make them look alive and real. Same thing with in the MM don't have them stand in the same locations all the time and run back and forth to the same locations all the time.. Mix things up a bit so they look like real players. Have them turn and look at each other every now and then and look about the zone. Yeah I know thats alot more work involved but I don't know anyone that wants to lose a toon they have worked on for months and years building up due to a ban. The key is making the toons look like players and not NPC's.

gman said:
Well I played around with the loot timers and had no luck with them at all. The problem of having the toons not looting is with the ones in the background of wineq.

I'm running Wineq 2.0 and haven't had a problem, yet, with toons not looting their shard. In fact, since my wife uses the computer for work while I'm not home during the day, I can do 'Switch Users' in WinXP, log her on and she does email, MS Word, IE, etc. with no problems at all. Granted I'm running a AMD X2 4200 dual core with 2GB of ram on a 7900GT card, and that helps ALOT.

Matt

I very possibly missed this in previous posts but does anyone else sometimes have the problem of naggy being too far away to hit who he has targeted? I occasionally watch the macro and while I love it (have been running it straight since I found it on ten accounts) I think that I would have less failures on the assistants if naggy was at least forced to move into melee range. I rarely fail a mission totally with five accounts towards each one (naggy, two priest, tranix, and skarlon) but I do notice that sometimes skarlon or one of the priests will die in the mission and fail it. Would it be hard to code in to move naggy into melee range if he is getting a "Your target is too far away message"? I know he is mainly there for dragon roar and lava breath it seems like but his melee damage does seem significant. Is anyone else having this problem or has this been fixed in an iteration that I need to download yet? Thanks again for this macro it's awesome!

eqisdead

eqisdead said:
I very possibly missed this in previous posts but does anyone else sometimes have the problem of naggy being too far away to hit who he has targeted? I occasionally watch the macro and while I love it (have been running it straight since I found it on ten accounts) I think that I would have less failures on the assistants if naggy was at least forced to move into melee range. I rarely fail a mission totally with five accounts towards each one (naggy, two priest, tranix, and skarlon) but I do notice that sometimes skarlon or one of the priests will die in the mission and fail it. Would it be hard to code in to move naggy into melee range if he is getting a "Your target is too far away message"? I know he is mainly there for dragon roar and lava breath it seems like but his melee damage does seem significant. Is anyone else having this problem or has this been fixed in an iteration that I need to download yet? Thanks again for this macro it's awesome!

eqisdead

Have you tried to use the MQ2Melee plugin? It shouldn't have any problems moving you in range..

kryologik said:
Have you tried to use the MQ2Melee plugin? It shouldn't have any problems moving you in range..

You would have to change the macro. Right at the beginning is this
Code:
/squelch /plugin MQ2Melee unload

Not a big deal to delete that, but for some reason the creator of this macro decided not to use mq2melee. I haven't looked at the fighting portion of the code in great detail yet so not sure why. Anyone know why?

Matt

I'm not sure why mq2melee is unloaded but mq2moveutils moves everyone else in range just fine. I just don't know why naggy doesn't autoadjust when out of melee range.

eqisdead

I had a problem with one EQ client would crash every now and then. Then I would wake up in the morning to both the other 2 PC's sitting there in front of the weary traveler for hours on end. It would seem a little suspicious to me so I did this to the macro. Works great.

Original naggy macro from lines 65-75 is this:
Code:
	:main 
	/doevents 
	/call GM
	/if (${Template.Equal[Unknown]}) {
	/echo Character Template Unknown. Please Edit 
	/echo NaggyChars.ini And Insert Your Character Names.
	/echo Macro Ended
	/end
	}
	/if (${Zone.ID}==27) {
            /varset WaveNumber 0

All I did was change line 74 and added 3 lines after that (bold and italicized text) before that first varset. What is does is check to see if you are in Lavastorm, and if so then sees if your group is less than 3. If so, it camps and ends the macro. No sitting in front of the weary traveler while you are at work or sleeping. Here is the modified code (just the snippet):
Code:
	:main 
	/doevents 
	/call GM
	/if (${Template.Equal[Unknown]}) {
	/echo Character Template Unknown. Please Edit 
	/echo NaggyChars.ini And Insert Your Character Names.
	/echo Macro Ended
	/end
	}
	/if (${Zone.ID}==27[B][I] && ${Me.GroupSize}<3[/I][/B])  {
		[B][I]/camp desktop
  		/end
		} else {	[/I][/B]
	    /varset WaveNumber 0

I suppose I could add something in there so that the eqlog.txt file would show why everyone is camped out when you wake up in the morning. Next thing to do.

Matt

Why has this been labled "EXTREAMLY RISKY DO NOT RUN "? Is it because of all the attention the other lavastorm macro is drawing? Has there been people banned for it?

Just curious since this uses no active hacks and was neato

Nevermind I answered my own question through further research.

Will they retro ban for past use, or is it if your cool your cool and dont do it no more?