The Nagafen Monster Mission Macro - BE CAREFUL RUNNING

Fry

Fry Guy
Reaction score
Website
www.mmobugs.com
The Nagafen Monster Mission Macro

Use This Macro At Your Own Risk. GM's Are Known To Watch Monster Mission For People Who Look Like They Are Moving Bot Like.

This macro is fully automate the Defending the Lair Monster Mission started in Lavastorm Mountains. You are placed into this monster mission as the dragon Nagafen along with his giant body guards and it is your goal to defend Nagafen from waves of greedy treasure hunters at all costs.

Level 70 Loot From Mission:
Common: Incandescent Silk Gloves
Rare: Earring of Domination

The mission lasts 45 minutes and nets I around 75% of an AA per mission at level 70 or around 4% normal XP from level 70-75. The macro has a built in experience tracker so finding out how much XP you are gaining is the easy part.

This mission was written for a full group of 6 but you can do it with as few characters as three.

A special thanks to whycantiwin1 for the idea way back in July, Booges for writing the first draft in July, Z166204 for almost a total re-vamping of the macro, Taron for giving me a little help with a few bugs and Galuvwen for a few code ideas.

This macro uses no active hacks unlike other monster mission macros unless you get stuck in the mission after a failed mission. I was left with no choice but to /fade if you fail a mission or you will get trapped inside the mission in a death loop. This is a EQ bug not a macro bug.

Usage
Save both files into your macro folder. Edit NaggyChars.ini and add the character names next to the monster names. If you are only using five characters you can leave two of them blank, same deal with four or three characters, you just need to leave the monsters you won’t be using blank. Run the macro with the command /macro Naggy on each character. Start the macro in Lavastorm next to "a weary traveler". Start the Nagafen's character macro last.

When entering mission for first time, spend your AA's and click save. The macro will auto load your saved AA's next mission. Also make Kick Hotkey for Nagafen. The more priests you add to the mission the least likely you are to fail it.

Enjoy.

Fry.

Attachments

• NaggyChars.ini
    137 bytes · Views: 349
  • Naggy.mac
    26.3 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Any suggestions as to importance of order of selection?

I tried running one minus the Magus Rokyl and it went south fast.

btw, /q will dump you to char select, and all but one of us were back in ls, the other popped at the ldon zone-in in lfay.

Like it has been noted many times before, if you go LD during an instance, and when you log back in that instance is no longer up and running - it will either :

A) Boot you to your last completed LDON entrance/exit

or

B) If the char has done NO Ldon - you will get a "This zone is unavalible" message.

In this case you need to plead with a GM in the stuckcharacter chat channel to move you to PoK, or after 6hrs use the "Go Home" button at character select.

I usually use 5 chars, Naggy, 3 healers, and Trannix. Sometimes I go with just 4 if I want to play one of the chars doing something else, in which case I use Naggy and 3 healers. I haven't had any failures unless one of the chars goes LD while zoning or gets killed outside in Lavastorm (which hasn't happened lately).

When I have an LD, the chars that have never done an LDoN don't get stuck, they just up in lavastorm. The others I just bind them in lavastorm if they can, otherwise I have to run them back from where ever they end up at.

Would it be possible to somehow chain this macro and the lavastorm AFK macro together? Like say when the Lavastorm AFK finishes, it goes to this one? You'd have good consistency and no downtime because of mission timers..

That may also help prevent someone from coming up with the idea that your MQing the missions if you set it up to run to the locations between the two and take part in the missions.

Updated first post with latest macro.

Update Version v2.10 By JoeK
Moveto Locations for Priests Changed To Help With Healing
Added /cleartargets to Priests to stop them solo'ing mobs.

For those wondering what characters to pick I would go in this order.

Naggy - Need for Mission
Priest - Need for Heal
Priest - Second Healer Helps
Tranixx - Good DPS
Priest - Third Healer Makes It Almost Impossible To Fail
Warlord - Good DPS

I believe magus has the least dps out of everyone (I have never recorded dps of everyone though) You can cut out a priest if you are not beating the /tasktimer but I believe a little extra time for a better chance at successful missions is a better trade off. You may fail your first few missions because you haven't got all your aa's saved yet, but after that it should be smooth sailing. With 3 priests in a full group of 6 I still beat the tasktimer by 7mins.

Fry.

Looking forward to trying this later tonight. Great idea to have something like this that is totally under SoE's radar.

If there is not enough people in group to run mission Naggy toon will spam mission requests.

Wondering why ya don't check ${Me.GroupSize} ??

htw

prieset soloing mobs was fine

i was running 2 prisets and naggy them soloing was fine helped dps.

htw said:
Wondering why ya don't check ${Me.GroupSize} ??

htw

Yeah that needs to be added for sure. I just don't have the characters to test a new version at the moment. If someone adds it to there macro and tests it PM me the code and I'll add it.

Fry.

3 boxed this successfully on my first try with Naggy and 2 clerics.

I did notice that none of the 3 characters would melee unless I hit my auto-attack key whenever a target was aquired. Doing this made things run much smoother as did manually adding some nukes from the clerics.

Gloves dropped. meh..

somthing awry

i just finsihed my second mission of the night and all 3 of my toons the combo i been running the whole time no problems died
all 3 its weird im telling yah.
right after i win i get this message you've been struck down by wrath dont gms do that? kinda weird if you ask me. :eek:
all 3 dead at the smae time its not a mistake i dont think.

Kable said:
3 boxed this successfully on my first try with Naggy and 2 clerics.

I did notice that none of the 3 characters would melee unless I hit my auto-attack key whenever a target was aquired. Doing this made things run much smoother as did manually adding some nukes from the clerics.

Gloves dropped. meh..

Try /assist on

Guessing it might be an attack on assist problem.

Fry.

I set this up awhile ago, watched it for about 20mins, and then went out to dinner.

Running 5 chars,

1x Naggy
2x Priests
1x Tranix
1x Warlord

Came back to 5 succesfull missions and 18% exp gained @ lvl 70 :)

Thanks Fry !!

Whos got the Yellow Ogre, Red/Black Gnome and a Frog in their group ?

Send me a PM :)

now my naggy keeps crashing to desktop

the toon i use for naggy keeps camping after just 1 run andy idea why /