The Nagafen Monster Mission Macro - BE CAREFUL RUNNING

Past months sony hasnt even been listening on bans from what friends tell me. But i wouldnt know first hand, still have yet to loose and account to sony.

I just lost 10 accounts as well as a friend's account. It is clearly based upon the naggy or other MM missions as the only use of my friend's account was 200aas worth of naggy missions, everything else was 100% legit leveling.

The interesting thing is, the last time a naggy mission was done on his account was back in March, maybe early April before the GK bans. So they are going back through logs to ban people.

This may be an automated script too as I was able to log in this morning to patch, but get the ban message now.

It seems like they do a crack down every year on these monster mission macros. A ban wave comes through, people stop using it for a few months, then it slowly gains popularity again, SoE comes through, bans everyone and the cycle begins again.

I'm guessing the only solution I can think of is release so many monster mission macros that people are not all doing the same one. I could see myself writing another one or two, but it just takes so much time to bug fix them.

Its an anual thing, I have never had accounts perma banned before. And at this point I stand by it, but time will tell what happens.

I checked through a few and some are okay, some arent.

This wave will pass and I will work with people through this, It is a hacking community and "Banned" is the worst thing mine or anyones eyes can see.

I've always kept my Naggy macro updated with all the updates/fixes posted here but never got around to actually running it on any accounts. I guess I viewed it as something you leave running while AFK and since I only play EQ while at the keyboard, I didn't try.

After seeing the MM bans, I think I'll stick to my thinking and not do these for now. It's the same thing with that Bard macro of Smarty's...I have a Bard and keep the macro updated but have never tried running it...again, since I'm at the keyboard and it would be boring to just sit and watch :)

I've always kept my Naggy macro updated with all the updates/fixes posted here but never got around to actually running it on any accounts. I guess I viewed it as something you leave running while AFK and since I only play EQ while at the keyboard, I didn't try.

After seeing the MM bans, I think I'll stick to my thinking and not do these for now. It's the same thing with that Bard macro of Smarty's...I have a Bard and keep the macro updated but have never tried running it...again, since I'm at the keyboard and it would be boring to just sit and watch :)

I still say it was an IP thing, because some accounts I was pling are not banned atm.

I pl at different IP locations and the 2nd area didnt get hit.

It is not an IP address thing bro, I can assure you. I have 7 accounts, 5 were banned and all of those were leveld via MM. The 2 that werent banend never used MM once.

I hate to ask this and take the chance at flames, but I guess I can't resist... Is this from naggy type missions I suppose? Not the Mechanical Guardian and such? Or is the idea that they are basically checking all instanced types and just wreaking havoc where they can?

Just curious how people you PLed are banned yet you claim your second IP is just fine with no bans?

Just curious how people you PLed are banned yet you claim your second IP is just fine with no bans?

All my accounts are banned, some people are not banned.

Why are you asking the same questions on multiple threads?

If you want to ask me stuff PM me...

banned for naggy

have 2 accounts i havent had a subscription to in 2 months. last played in march. did 4 naggys and logged off. checked today after reading this post and both are banned. sad when a guy cant even cheat anymore :(

It is not an IP address thing bro, I can assure you. I have 7 accounts, 5 were banned and all of those were leveld via MM. The 2 that werent banend never used MM once.

I am telling you man, a few accounts I pl'd are fine atm after talking to SoE.

It's not an ip address thing from my perspective either. The 20 accounts that I had banned are out of 34 accounts, the rest are fine. Two of my customers were banned of which I'm going to try to figure out what to do for them and the other three I was working with mostly on the weekends are fine that I know of so far. This was across at least 8 servers I can't even remember which all ones I was running with at the time. I pl from my house only are all my computers are nat'd behind one router.

eqisdead

I'm just curious what criteria they use to ban you? IIRC, there are no active hacks in the naggy macro. How do they tell you are macroing the mission other than to catch you in the act?

I'm just curious what criteria they use to ban you? IIRC, there are no active hacks in the naggy macro. How do they tell you are macroing the mission other than to catch you in the act?

running it 24 / 7 176 missions in 4 days. 19.5 missions a day 1.2 hours per mission but that is if you run it 96 hours straight

The one guy I was leveling with naggy said they told him on the phone that I used it 476 times in 4 days. No way in hell I can do that many naggy missions in four days.

eqisdead

They may be tracking the number of assigned/requested missions, so if you repeatedly fail, each one counts as one. I know that I had a string of failures due to one member of the party being in SRo instead of the mission (funky zoning after a fail), so there were a bunch of failures before I was able to fix things.

So they may be counting each failure or assignment as a single mission.

has any one tried this macro since the patch/bans?