That MQ2Nav Post

Just a quick video, shows some issues with the edge of meshes etc. Hope it helps, I can show more instances for sure if needed. I also crash when zoning with MQ2Nav going, or actually trying to log in if I have MQ2Nav in my plugin config (can load once in).

https://youtu.be/FB2w52Gg0qw

That is the same type of thing I am seeing, especially if you have deleted a tile.

Thank you Brainiac for the hosting the project on GitHub.

Took me about 3 hrs of dorking around. Mainly because I tried to compile it as its own project instead of including it into my source folder.

I did PoK as well and played with the actor size to try and force if to take the corners a little wider than it does now.

I only saved two zones but when I was leaving pok (with mesh) heading into pot ( no mesh ) I crashed to desktop.

I'm looking forward to messing with the code. This is a pretty amazing project.

Fixed some bugs with path finding:

* Fixed path following algorithm (and added some debug data to the screen for pathing). Characters should bounce aroundin place far less!

Fixed a few other bugs:

* Crash when zoning while model data was loaded
* Crash when launching EQ with MQ2Nav loaded

Researched the following issue (it is not fixed yet):

Wierd pathing errors can occur (including getting stuck) if the player falls or moves off of the navmesh while following a path. There are some cases where it will try to pick the closest starting point which is not accessible from the current position, resulting in stuck or erratic behavior.

Looking at releasing an update soonish.

Where can I get information on how to use the MeshGenerator? I load POK, click on build Mesh, then when it finishes I click save mesh and it doesnt seem to save anything.
In Settings I have EQ Path: pointing to my EQ directory
I have NavMesh Path: pointing to the MacroQuest2/MQ2Nav folder.

Searched my computer for .bin files but dont find anything.

Looked for some instructions on the Meshbuilder.exe program but cant find anything.

Thanks

I have NavMesh Path: pointing to the MacroQuest2/MQ2Nav folder.

When I started up the mesh generator program it asked me for path info to EQ and MQ. The saved mesh files go to MQ\MQ2Nav\[ZONE].BIN where MQ = what ever you put in for your MQ folder.

I believe Fry has a bunch of prebuilt mesh files available for download.

You want to point the MQ2 directory path at the same directory that has MQ2Main.dll

If you look, you probably have a MQ2Nav/MQ2Nav/poknowledge.bin which is why your mesh files aren't loading.

Testing

I'm excited about this! I've been able to build meshes WAY faster than the old MQ2Navigation, and I'm able to load them in game. Outside of that, I haven't been able to do much with it though I'm still learning. It crashed on me the first time I was playing with the UI in game.
Excited to see PeteSampras implement this into Macro Bot! I've never been able to even get MQ2Navigation to work on that, heh. A beginners guide would be cool too. Doesn't need to be anything fancy.

Thanks for working so hard on this!

I used this flawlessly about a week ago, now it's CTD every time I try it. Any suggestions? I am using InnerSpace.

I used this flawlessly about a week ago, now it's CTD every time I try it. Any suggestions? I am using InnerSpace.

We need a submitted crash report for this problem so we can track down the crash. I couldn't see any crash reports from you with the latest MQ2 update.