That MQ2Nav Post

Fry

Fry Guy
Reaction score
Website
www.mmobugs.com
I've been promising a MQ2Nav post for about two weeks now but keep being side tracked with other things.

Brainiac has been doing a total re-write of MQ2Navigation and calling it MQ2Nav. It has been released for testing, but still has problems to be sorted with it.

Here are some screenshots.

We have put up the basic commands on the MQ2Nav Wiki

If you check in your MMOBugs MacroQuest2 folder, there is a program called MeshGenerator.exe. Now I can't even get MeshGenerator to load at this stage, so I'm going to bug Brainiac about this.

You can also load MQ2Nav ingame and get a cool little menu but anyway since I can't generate mesh files at moment, I'll have to get back to you with a tutorial. Maybe I'll even get fancy and do a video.

More Info Sooon.................<3

I updated my MMO install, and loaded up MQ2Nav, opened up mesh generator.

Successfully got a mesh to build (.bin file)

Reloaded it whilst being in the same zone in game to get the dynamic objects, success. rebuilt the mesh/saved.

Now I can't test the actual navigation, maybe i'm just a bit special...but when i type /navigate Target (with an npc targeted) I just get invalid command?

Also I am unsure if I am missing something or it's just my setup, but when i click the Show navmesh it does the load bar then crashes EQ when it actually goes to load it i think. No debug/crash report from MQ2 as it's just EQ that crashes.

For what it's worth this is with ethernere west karana zone.

Reloaded it whilst being in the same zone in game to get the dynamic objects, success. rebuilt the mesh/saved.

Now I can't test the actual navigation, maybe i'm just a bit special...but when i type /navigate Target (with an npc targeted) I just get invalid command?

Also I am unsure if I am missing something or it's just my setup, but when i click the Show navmesh it does the load bar then crashes EQ when it actually goes to load it i think. No debug/crash report from MQ2 as it's just EQ that crashes.

did you try "/navigate target" (with lowercase, it seems to be case sensitive looking at the code)

Beautiful. I've been meaning to jump into this for a few weeks. It looks like Braniac has been working hard, hats off to him. /bow

did you try "/navigate target" (with lowercase, it seems to be case sensitive looking at the code)

Yeah I tried both ways, even when i type "/navigate" i get the invalid command

screen shot of the load up of MQ2/mesh + plugin list

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 29

Yeah I tried both ways, even when i type "/navigate" i get the invalid command

screen shot of the load up of MQ2/mesh + plugin list

I need to update the plugin to the latest version that I've been working on. I'll take a look and make sure I didn't mess something up for the mmobugs version.

The /nav commands were not working for me either, but I managed to get it to work after a few /plugin load /plugin unload. I cannot load without crashing in innerspace but you are aware of that issue. It crashed a few times getting tiles to show up in game.

The biggest issue for me is that the toons ping pong back and forth on turns/corners and around obstacles. This might just be my crappy connection? as i get the same thing happening in advpath occasionally a back and forth between waypoints. Perhaps a sensitivity adjustment? usually it recalculates a better path if i strafe a little.

I've been working on an improved hunter mac for testing mq2nav if anyone wants to give it a go.

Attachments

• Hunter.mac
    12.7 KB · Views: 6
  • HunterMob.ini
    644 bytes · Views: 5
I tried the test server build of this just after it was added, lovely, worked well, nav target was functioning fine.

It looks great and the in game ui is very usable.

I wondered if there will be a nav teleport, or some way to do that, the idea being I want to move to that zone exit.

When building meshes, some few zones failed, sadly I don't recall which now, the mesh generator just crashed. It happened repeatedly so you probably know about it.

When building meshes, the left hand side info says sometimes things in red (not at pc ATM), maybe about max cell count, is this a problem? The zone file was still saved so I could not tell.

Is there a command line interface for the mesh generator? I imagine most people would want to dl the tool then just run a script per xpack or something, to pre-gen all the zones meshes

Once his version is up and running, someone needs to let me know so that I can include it properly within mq2bot for pulling goodness. kthxbai!

Brainiac updated the source file for MeshGenerator and mq2Nav on github 2/20/2016, can these updated for mmobugs.

Been playing with it... very cool. Noted issues when the pathing goes near a border on the navmesh or if there are multilevels... works nice in wide open spaces ! Looking forward to your continued work brainiac

Last edited:
Been playing with it... very cool. Noted issues when the pathing goes near a border on the navmesh or if there are multilevels... works nice in wide open spaces ! Looking forward to your continued work brainiac

Your best bet is to take screenshots showing the problem and documenting it as best as possible. (What zone, what part, what happens ect).

The more details we can get with certain issues, the better chance we have at resolving the problem.

I should be able to record some video of it once I'm through this intake at trade school, so next week

Finding MQ2NAV causing me to crash if it's loaded when opening the game, or zoning ever since the latest update.

The previous 2 builds could be loaded when logging in, and zoning.

Can you try removing mq2nav from the macroquest.ini and then loading the plugin after mq2 is loaded? I noticed something strange with loading but I had thought it was fixed. Just check that and let me know if it fixes for that session.

I've always had MQ2Nav loaded when logging in, haven't had any problems. It does get stuck reversing travel sometimes on trees and running along the edge of a deleted tile sometimes.