Suggestions for Compile defaults

MissTerious

Lifetime member
Reaction score
1. How about including a full waypoint list instead of an empty one?
2. By default, fastmem and mq2fog should be included and on.

Anyone have a problem with that?

- Waypoints I'd agree with. Get me a good list of waypoints and I'll get it added.

- FastMem, I don't agree with as it's a active hack which requires no commands to enable. Not everyone would want it enabled by default and I also lump it in with risky plugins like Warp and Zone, which to argue against myself, are enabled by default but do require commands to use.

- MQ2Fog I've never used so I don't know enough to comment on.

Umm, you can auto load all plugins with plugin config...

i jus copy/paste my ini/waypoint/config files over each time works good! dont have to go down the list clicking

I ended up just putting the plugins that kept getting dropped from my macroquest.ini file (by the loader editing the shit out of it every time something changes or it pops over to trial or if it just logs me out because it can't "reach the server" for fucks sake if I can surf and post on mmobugs.com/forums - listen to winamp - play eq during this supposed time of ports being blocked etc then the problem ain't my internet/firewall/antivirus, but I digress :p) or not selected by default by loader into a custom cfg file. Fixed that problem.

Here's the wiki entry for cfg files:
http://www.macroquest2.com/wiki/index.php/CFG_Files

Last edited:
I ended up just putting the plugins that kept getting dropped from my macroquest.ini file (by the loader editing the shit out of it every time something changes or it pops over to trial or if it just logs me out because it can't "reach the server" for fucks sake if I can surf and post on mmobugs.com/forums - listen to winamp - play eq during this supposed time of ports being blocked etc then the problem ain't my internet/firewall/antivirus, but I digress :p) or not selected by default by loader into a custom cfg file. Fixed that problem.

Here's the wiki entry for cfg files:
http://www.macroquest2.com/wiki/index.php/CFG_Files
Get out much? That's why hundreds of others have no issue, but you do. That means it's our end, right? Yeah... keep on with your assinine comments.

htw

Good CS support there htw. Honest.

I have the same issue, thanks for the link elj.

Get out much? That's why hundreds of others have no issue, but you do. That means it's our end, right? Yeah... keep on with your assinine comments.

htw

Get out much? Yes!
That's why hundreds of others have no issue, but you do. That means it's our end, right? Absolutely :)
Yeah... keep on with your assinine comments. Will do!

If your losing connection from MMOLoader it's going to be something to do with your firewall or router blocking it. There is countless problem posts with this same problem that have all been mostly resolved from these two things.

If you want a hand trying to resolve the problem, make a new post and we'll try and work with you.

Good CS support there htw. Honest.

I have the same issue, thanks for the link elj.
Well, thankfully my skill at CS, or lack thereof, is not why I'm here. ;)

If you expect a nice tone from ANY cs if you're on a rant, then the odds of you getting "good" cs are not going to be good. I was going off of his rant i.e. "by the loader editing the shit out of it every time something changes or it pops over to trial or if it just logs me out because it can't "reach the server" for fucks sake if I can surf and post on mmobugs.com/forums - listen to winamp - play eq during this supposed time of ports being blocked etc then the problem ain't my internet/firewall/antivirus, but I digress"

...especially since the "loader" only "edits the shit" out of the ini file, in 2 cases: 1) If you click the Save button in Plugin Config, and 2) If you overwrite it via loader patcher with the default one from our server (ok, so this isn't edit, it's overwrite, but still). Any and ALL other edits are done via MQ2 itself, based on any /plugin commands (without the noauto switch). If you unload mq2mmobugs, then by design, certain other linked plugins will unload. All those cause the ini to change - but that's the way mq2 works, give stock a try - when you load a plugin, it adds it to ini. If you unload it, it removes it. Nothing to do with loader.

As far as the connection issues, Fry posted on that, and I have nothing else to say in response to it.

In summary, if you want to rant, all that ends up happening is you end up on my vb ignore list - can't see your PMs, posts, shoubox entries, etc. any longer - which is fine by me.

htw

gg htw... but offtopic in more important matters... what does htw stand for? when i think of it i say ha-ta-wuh which is most likely wrong

LOL.....ftw reversed might be better, hehe
Seriously tho, great job guys, htw, for getting things straightened out so quickly. much appreciated here ;)