Stick modification

Rooster95

Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to modify stick to where it will still approach the mob and stay in melee range, but not strafe from side to side as the mob turns?

Reactions: EQDAB
Well, need more information in order to really help you. If you are just using /stick to stick to the mob, it shouldn't strafe around the mob. if you are trying to use /stick behind, im guessing you want to try /stick behindonce. Also, are you using mq2melee with either turning on attack or /killthis to engage the mobs? If so there are a bunch of settings that could be the issue.
And is your toon trying to strafe to stay behind the mob while that toon has aggro?

Reactions: snoopy3525
Well, need more information in order to really help you. If you are just using /stick to stick to the mob, it shouldn't strafe around the mob. if you are trying to use /stick behind, im guessing you want to try /stick behindonce. Also, are you using mq2melee with either turning on attack or /killthis to engage the mobs? If so there are a bunch of settings that could be the issue.
And is your toon trying to strafe to stay behind the mob while that toon has aggro?
I'm not actually using any sort of commands at all. It's automatic just from being logged into MQ2.

It sounds like it is going to be mq2melee that is setting the command then. I suggest "/melee stickcmd=behindonce" and then "/melee save". I don't what the default stuff is for melee. I am linking the wiki's for melee and moveutils so you can maybe figure out what settings you would like for them, but ask more questions as needed.

It sounds like it is going to be mq2melee that is setting the command then. I suggest "/melee stickcmd=behindonce" and then "/melee save". I don't what the default stuff is for melee. I am linking the wiki's for melee and moveutils so you can maybe figure out what settings you would like for them, but ask more questions as needed.

I'll dig in. Thanks for the assist.

I'm not actually using any sort of commands at all. It's automatic just from being logged into MQ2.

It's likely using the default built-in with MQ2Melee sticking. The wiki (and many posts) describe how to modify that, but I'll repeat some info here:

In config dir, open up server_char.ini in text editor, and look for [MQ2Melee]. server_char refers to your server shortname and your character name, for example, for character Bubba on server povar: povar_Bubba.ini
Change or add these options to the [MQ2Melee] section (i.e., under [MQ2Melee] but before whatever the [NextSectionWhateverItIs] is shown. You can take a look at mq2moveutils wiki or board discussions to see if you want to further modify the stick command.

Code:
stickbreak=1
stickmode=1
stickrange=60
stickcmd=behindonce loose moveback uw 12

Save the file.

If in game on that char already, type:
Code:
/melee load

BTW, if you don't see a [MQ2Melee] section in the INI, log the char into game, and type: /melee save