Steve Jobs died

He will be missed a bunch. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family! He was a one of a kind man.

He will be missed.

It's the end of an era :(

My G+ feed lit up over this. Some were even comparing him to Edison, DaVinci, Picasso. Gutenberg, and Carnegie.

I think his contribution to technology has been impressive and substantial, but comparing him to these others is premature at best.

Despite that, it is sad but not unexpected considering recent events.

sell your apple stock!

Buy JJ's apple stocks at a lower price, and resell them in 3 years when his death will actually have an affect on there products/income. They are still going to be one of the most profitable businesses in the world for some more years.

I want to know when this happened. About 3 weeks ago there was a fairly solid rumor going around about his death. I dismissed it, but seeing this happen now is fairly crazy.

I may hate his tightly controlled product concepts, but I admire the work hes done for the computing world. If he were never born, we would all be using computers in a much different way than we do today. It's rare that someone had so much influence over so many peoples lives.

Really is crazy how quick it happened, he must have known that it was coming soon.

sell your apple stock!
I may hate his tightly controlled product concepts, but I admire the work hes done for the computing world. If he were never born, we would all be using computers in a much different way than we do today. It's rare that someone had so much influence over so many peoples lives.

Not just computers. He was instrumental in Pixar as well.

SCoJ0.png

Really is crazy how quick it happened, he must have known that it was coming soon.

He must of since he stepped down from his position a few months ago because of RL health issues. He was missing from office for over 9 months on health leave then he stepped, and now this its just sad. The man did change the tech world.

Steve Jobs was just trying to release his new product, iDied, prior to the holiday shopping season.

I was an apple cert tech in the late 90's and early 00's, and have a degree in communication design... I used to live on my Mac's......BUT after Job's started to make apple into the monster it is today...The nazi style control of the OS and its control over even the hardware, media and its mistreatment of long time allies of Apple, on the hardware and software dev side....he backstabbed his way back to the top while making money on thousands of app writing fanboys.
I went from artsy mac freak, to a hater of everything apple....Removal of control is what he stands for....the content control apple fans used to have, and he veraciously stole. Fuck him and his products, they are symbols of why the sheep buy what they are told...mebey his death will set the mac free from the bonds of DRM bullshit that have seen Apple, RAIDING peoples homes in search of a lost prototype iPhone that some Apple employee fuck left in a bar...he should have had his army of fanboys develop a new iPancreas.

I was an apple cert tech in the late 90's and early 00's, and have a degree in communication design... I used to live on my Mac's......BUT after Job's started to make apple into the monster it is today...The nazi style control of the OS and its control over even the hardware, media and its mistreatment of long time allies of Apple, on the hardware and software dev side....he backstabbed his way back to the top while making money on thousands of app writing fanboys.
I went from artsy mac freak, to a hater of everything apple....Removal of control is what he stands for....the content control apple fans used to have, and he veraciously stole. Fuck him and his products, they are symbols of why the sheep buy what they are told...mebey his death will set the mac free from the bonds of DRM bullshit that have seen Apple, RAIDING peoples homes in search of a lost prototype iPhone that some Apple employee fuck left in a bar...he should have had his army of fanboys develop a new iPancreas.

Yeah in that respect I am glad I kept my older Mac hardware, previous to the OS X and iMac push.