what the difference between mmobug and redguilds?

amageiing

Reaction score
Hiya just here to ask a question. Been using mq2 for bout 1 1/2 now but was using redguilds version. But I have notice that the last 2 rounds of 7 day breaks that was handed out to mq2 users(the one back in Feb and this one going on now) both times it seems was RG version and not mmobugs version.(at lest those who don't use both versions anyways).

what is the difference between the 2 that would get rg hit but not mmobug?

Technically speaking I would think there is no difference. MMO gives us access to active things that would (imo) increase your likelihood of being caught.

However (and I am curious in this myself) There was the email thing that happened some months back, it was mentioned here on the boards as well. I am wondering if there was a compile release that RG may have had that broke/malfunctioned the plugin sending the emails, and MMO didnt have that same break/malfunction. We dont know how long that issue went on, if it was server specific, if it had any real impact on people not on TLP, and so forth.

Now we have a "More open MQ2" being released. The background thought is this is all tied together.

No proof, No responses from it, and the smattering of what people do/do not do in this suspension is causing us to grasp at straws. The only true way we will no what the difference is, is if someone from DBG comes out and labels the exact reason(s).

Reactions: EQDAB
All the MQ distributions, MMobugs, RG, and builder start with the same basic software.

RG and Bugs then builds on top of that software their own tweaks/mods/plugins.

Its possible that DB is going after RG simply because they have the largest user base and they only happen to suspend 50% of the users and bugs / builder just doesn't have enough users to get caught in the net.

Its also possible that something in RG's installer / base compile is broken and letting DB detect users.

We're all just guessing at this point.

Personally, If I'd been burned twice using RG's distro ... I'd stay away from using it.

Reactions: EQDAB and smith8454
I also suspect that the active engagement on the forums between the two is part of it. There are very few posts actively made here in comparison 2 active threads here vs 20+ active thread engagements there in last 24 hrs. More active more likely to post. Also if it were something with the compile alone many more would have been hit myself included. Knock on wood I’ve survived 60+ accounts with no action against me in the feb, apr or jul hits. Reporting is voluntary, there’s no tracking done via the compile there on what was or wasn’t used. I suspect that a part of the hits is based on people’s own behavior as much as anything.

I also suspect that the active engagement on the forums between the two is part of it.

I would hope that any users who get hit with a suspension or a ban would be aggravated enough to post on one or both of the forums.

Check out Fizz. He plays on Bertox. The two characters he runs RG's with got hit, the ones who ran MMOBugs didn't. They are detecting via MQ2 versions for sure. How is anyone's guess . Detecting the injectors name would be the most obvious way, but it could be something else related to other plugins. Who knows.

RG's has been marketing MQ2 as safe multi-box software the last few years which has created a huge playerbase. No matter what is said or backroom deals that have been made, it's 3rd party cheating software. Daybreak will ban for MQ2 usage if it's creating problems ingame. The big problem Daybreak has now though is MQ2 usage has gone through the roof over the last few years. They are going to have to piss off a lot of people to curb usage.

I think it might be best for MMOBugs users to go underground and become a more private community to try and stay off the radar.

Check out Fizz. He plays on Bertox. The two characters he runs RG's with got hit, the ones who ran MMOBugs didn't. They are detecting via MQ2 versions for sure. How is anyone's guess . Detecting the injectors name would be the most obvious way, but it could be something else related to other plugins. Who knows.

RG's has been marketing MQ2 as safe multi-box software the last few years which has created a huge playerbase. No matter what is said or backroom deals that have been made, it's 3rd party cheating software. Daybreak will ban for MQ2 usage if it's creating problems ingame. The big problem Daybreak has now though is MQ2 usage has gone through the roof over the last few years. They are going to have to piss off a lot of people to curb usage.

I think it might be best for MMOBugs users to go underground and become a more private community to try and stay off the radar.

Personally, I think they're looking at things all wrong. MQ2 is the one thing EQ has that no other MMO has, AFAIK. Embrase it! Try this, make a server where MQ2 is encouraged, but requires gold access. See if people play on it. A basic gold account is $120 a year + $35 or so for the expansion. A "valuable" customer spends that $120, + $35, + buys other goodies from DB store - even a crazy amount would be < $500 / yr. The average MQ2 user that I know, runs 6 to 60 accounts. That's $900 to $9000 a year JUST FOR ACCOUNTS - This is ONE customer! It's just bad management to not capitalize on this.

after reading this post, I delete my RG account just because DBG or whoever owns it now is on the HUNT