SSD Almost eaten by MQ2AASpend! + Crucial M4 SSD Problem resolved

hoppy96pgtbs

( o Y o )
Reaction score
Just a heads up to anyone that seems to be losing HD space and cant figure out where it is going. Today I realized that I only had like 3 GB of space left on my SSD RAID0 Setup, so I started fishing around.

Somehow my Enchanter's Debug Log was turned on in her AASpend ini file, and the log file was in excess of 20GB iirc. Not sure how long it was like that, but it was the culprit.

Also, for anyone with Crucial M4 SSD's, if you have the old Firmware (0001, 0002 etc etc), you will want to update it to 00FF. I ran into an problem where I could only stay logged in for an hour at a time before I got BSoD. It's because after the M4 SSD's have been on for X amount of hours (5184 or some shit is what I read) +/- a few I guess, the firmware go's bonkers and the drive crashes after an hour being logged in.

Just a heads up. Because I spent 3 days trying to fix this issue without being able to login to work on a customers order.

Here is the reference. http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Crucial-m4-Firmware-BSOD,14544.html

Cheers

Just a heads up to anyone that seems to be losing HD space and cant figure out where it is going. Today I realized that I only had like 3 GB of space left on my SSD RAID0 Setup, so I started fishing around.

Somehow my Enchanter's Debug Log was turned on in her AASpend ini file, and the log file was in excess of 20GB iirc. Not sure how long it was like that, but it was the culprit.

Also, for anyone with Crucial M4 SSD's, if you have the old Firmware (0001, 0002 etc etc), you will want to update it to 00FF. I ran into an problem where I could only stay logged in for an hour at a time before I got BSoD. It's because after the M4 SSD's have been on for X amount of hours (5184 or some shit is what I read) +/- a few I guess, the firmware go's bonkers and the drive crashes after an hour being logged in.

Just a heads up. Because I spent 3 days trying to fix this issue without being able to login to work on a customers order.

Here is the reference. http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Crucial-m4-Firmware-BSOD,14544.html

Cheers

Thanks, oddly enough, this just started to happen to me yesterday. I was going to run a few ram and hard disk diag tests, but Ill give this a shot first!

Cheers

Thanks, oddly enough, this just started to happen to me yesterday. I was going to run a few ram and hard disk diag tests, but Ill give this a shot first!

Here is the link to the Firmware. http://www.crucial.com/support/firmware.aspx

Set it up so your mq2log file and and EQ log file write to your HD instead of your SSD, problem solved!

I haven't done it in a couple of years but there is a command prompt line you issue and it will do this. Do a search on google and it will come up, search EQ+SSD+log or something, someone on the everquest 2 forums had the command when I last did that search, use that command to log to log to HD.

Talking about SSDs price point is at ~$0.60/gb thats pretty insane!

Last edited: