SpawnCk.mac

The pluses are there in the previous zones, but I tried it anyway and it didn't work, same error
My bad, I misread what you were talking about. I was thinking you had that stuff in MQ2SpawnMaster.ini, and the plugin was complaining.

That message is from the macro. Did you add those the the spawnck.ini, or were you talking about mq2spawnmaster.ini? The macro is looking for sections in spawnck.ini.

htw

I added my sections to spawnck.ini. I was under the impression that was the best way to search the zones for named - It's what I've used it the past, so I figured I'd update it for VoA. Is there an easier way to do this? I really liked the simplicity/quickness of spawnck, but have no problem migrating to something else if this no longer works. It works in HoT and lower zones, but even with my additions to the INI, it doesn't work in VoA

Back again.

After a 2 year break from EQ ..... I have returned. I have updated the ini files for SpawnCK macro as well as the MQ2SpawnMaster plugin. They now contain updated and identical mob information up to the "Rain of Fear" expansion. ENJOY.

As always... if there are any corrections that need to be made (additions / edits / deletions )... post it here and i will update the posted ini files as well.

I can tell you this does not work in Fear Itself. It works in other places though. But I am in FI and just killed The Deranged Toad and about to kill Irak but the macro is saying nothing is up.

I can tell you this does not work in Fear Itself. It works in other places though. But I am in FI and just killed The Deranged Toad and about to kill Irak but the macro is saying nothing is up.
What does it do (what messages)? You could try getting a couple more messages also, at the top of SpawnCk.mac, change:
/declare debug bool FALSE
to:
/declare debug bool TRUE

htw

What does it do (what messages)? You could try getting a couple more messages also, at the top of SpawnCk.mac, change:
/declare debug bool FALSE
to:
/declare debug bool TRUE

htw

No zone data found for: ("Fear Itself"). Happens with the bool set to true and false.

It was only checking with Ini, instead of MMOIni. Give this one a try, see if it still does it.

htw

It was only checking with Ini, instead of MMOIni. Give this one a try, see if it still does it.

htw

Negatory. And I zoned into HoT Upper. It said the same thing, no zone info, when the HUD and ranger track were both showing Spitecrawler.

OK, I found the problem. The code can't accept a dataset that large with either Ini or MMOIni TLO - i.e., the INI is too big to read it all, so it gets cut off.

To get around that, I just have it check if any zone entries are there at all.

Give this one a shot, let me know how it goes.

htw

You seem to have done it. Now I get a message saying info found on Fear Itself and no named up, and there aren't any. So I'd say you fixed it.

/salute

OK, I found the problem. The code can't accept a dataset that large with either Ini or MMOIni TLO - i.e., the INI is too big to read it all, so it gets cut off.

To get around that, I just have it check if any zone entries are there at all.

Give this one a shot, let me know how it goes.

htw

Thanks for addressing the issue HTW, I just haven't had the free time to troll the boards and see peeps were having issues with it.

The fix that HTW made is letting the macro read the spawnck.ini file correctly for the zone... and i tested it.... and id DOES find named up and is able to correctly create the map file locations in the log file... however.. the last echo line is failing to return back the named mob's heading and distance.

Odd... because it can correctly detect and log the named's Y X Z locations... but for some reason it won't pull back the heading/distance.

If anyone can figure this out... it would be a blessing... cause i'm stumped atm.

Would love the get this fully functional again...

More testing done ... seems to work fine in zones like shard's landing and city of bronze ... but all my tests in valley fail to return back the named's heading/distance.....

tested named that were up and confirmed by spawnmaster.... 10 zones i tested that had named up... worked on 9/10 zones.... valley only zone so far it not returning named's heading/distance....

Even more perplexed atm.

If anyone else can test and post results... would be appreciated.

I'm not sure if this helps or not, but I noticed Spawnmaster was not seeing named mobs that were up when MQ2Targets was able to see them (at least in Ethernear West Karana). I use the same .ini file for both so there shouldn't be any issues with their respective .ini files. Could it be something changed in how spawn info is handled by MQ2?

/shrug

I'm not sure if this helps or not, but I noticed Spawnmaster was not seeing named mobs that were up when MQ2Targets was able to see them (at least in Ethernear West Karana). I use the same .ini file for both so there shouldn't be any issues with their respective .ini files. Could it be something changed in how spawn info is handled by MQ2?

/shrug

That would be because SpawnCk.ini was never updated to include the named from CoTF expansion.

This will be resolved in a few minutes, and the original post will have updated files.

I might have missed it but could you add the heart of fear a, b, and c zones to the spawnmaster/checker .ini's?

I might have missed it but could you add the heart of fear a, b, and c zones to the spawnmaster/checker .ini's?

Sorry.. they were overlooked in the Rain of Fear expansion section.

SpawnCK.ini
Code:
[Heart of Fear: The Threshold]+
Spawn0=Alsecht the Believer
Spawn1=Deathfist
Spawn2=Harbinger Krask
Spawn3=Ocululor
Spawn4=Ulzschanoth
Spawn5=Ythan the Gutripper
Spawn6=DONE_NOW

[Heart of Fear: The Rebirth]+
Spawn0=A Hoary Gargoyle
Spawn1=Enasni the Demented
Spawn2=Glubbus the Fleshmelter
Spawn3=Ixmilsh the Terrortangler
Spawn4=Silandra the Cruel
Spawn5=Torflog the Impaler
Spawn6=Vizlix the Deceiver
Spawn7=Zixial the Scaremonger
Spawn8=DONE_NOW

[Heart of Fear: The Epicenter]+
Spawn0=A Herald of Fear
Spawn1=A Vision of Fear
Spawn2=Grizelna the Mad
Spawn3=Simira the Dreadwidow
Spawn4=Soulhollow
Spawn5=Yilsme the Harbinger of Death
Spawn6=DONE_NOW

MQ2SpawnMaster.ini

Code:
[Heart of Fear: The Threshold]+
Spawn0=Alsecht the Believer
Spawn1=Deathfist
Spawn2=Harbinger Krask
Spawn3=Ocululor
Spawn4=Ulzschanoth
Spawn5=Ythan the Gutripper

[Heart of Fear: The Rebirth]+
Spawn0=A Hoary Gargoyle
Spawn1=Enasni the Demented
Spawn2=Glubbus the Fleshmelter
Spawn3=Ixmilsh the Terrortangler
Spawn4=Silandra the Cruel
Spawn5=Torflog the Impaler
Spawn6=Vizlix the Deceiver
Spawn7=Zixial the Scaremonger

[Heart of Fear: The Epicenter]+
Spawn0=A Herald of Fear
Spawn1=A Vision of Fear
Spawn2=Grizelna the Mad
Spawn3=Simira the Dreadwidow
Spawn4=Soulhollow
Spawn5=Yilsme the Harbinger of Death

Posted ini files on the first thread ARE updated now to reflect this.

Last edited:
Update

Update for the 1-22-2014 patch:

Both SpawnCK.ini and MQ2Spawnmaster.ini have been updated on the first thread of this post to reflect the name change of Dread Lord Dizok Tolax to Dread Lord Javis Tolax during the CoTF Hate Rising patch on 1-22-2014.

Update

SpawnCK.mac has been updated to now check and load MQ2LOG plugin, and to turn timestamp logging off on the SpawnCK log file.

Also, SpawnCK.ini and MQ2SpawnMaster.ini have been updated to include missing RoF Tier3 zones of The Plane of Shadow and Chelsith Reborn.

Proper TIER labels added for RoF and COTF expansions.

Added Tier1b Named for new named spawns in CoTF since patch on 1-22-2014

New files posted/updated on original thread of this post.