SpawnCk.mac

Reaction score
This handy macro functions in two ways:

1) Alerts you to any named that are in zone that drop loot, via a popup message and a MQ window echo.

2) Creates a entry in the MacroQuest2\Logs\SpawnCk.mac log file with the name of the mapfile to add the named address to and the mapfile line address itself.

Example:

Code:
[08/04/2010 13:36:18] -----------------------------------------------------------------
[08/04/2010 13:36:18] [BlackBurrow] - Mapfile: [Oldblackburrow_2.txt]
[08/04/2010 13:36:18] P -555.00, 20.00, -67.13, 240, 0, 0, 3, Slavemaster Raouk
[08/04/2010 13:36:18] -----------------------------------------------------------------

This utility is great for being able to know what mobs in zone are loot droppers, as well as creating a label entry for them to put into your map files if it is missing.

I have updated the INI file to include all non specialized (standard) zones from:

All annual Hardcore/Revamped zones
Secrets of Faydwer
Seeds of Destruction
Underfoot
House of Thule
Veil of Alaris
Rain of Fear
Call of the Forsaken
The Darkened Sea

I have also converted the named ini file to work with the MQ2SpawnMaster plugin!!!!! (THIS IS UBER)
That will be included as well.

At the very least, even if you don't use this macro . . . I highly advise you to use the config file I provided for MQ2SpawnMaster.

Enjoy, and happy hunting!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Update:
A small error in coding allowed for non named mobs to be considered as named improperly. I've altered the check condition to ensure that only exact matches of the name trigger the positive named response. Partial named will not now.

Macro and Ini files updated (get updated files).

Update:
All mobs that drop gear in the Hardcore Dungeons for both:

[Lost Temple of Cazic-Thule] and [Reinforced Blackburrow]

Have been updated in the SpawncCk.ini as well as the Mq2SpawnMaster.ini

UPDATED FOR HOUSE OF THULE . . . . NEW FILE FORMAT IN CONFIG FILE

SPECIAL NOTE: The configuration is set for case sensitive matches.

1) I have gone through every file entry for every zone listed.

2) I have updated case spelling on all listed entries to be correct.

3) I have reviewed all named and non named (but loot dropping) mobs for accuracy.

4) Only non named mobs that "always" drop specific (non zonewide) loot are included.

5) Non named mobs that "may" drop zonewide loot are ommited.

6) I have corrected a handful of entries that should not have been included (Quest NPC).

7) All entries for spawns have been added in alphabetical order for their zones.

The entries for House of Thule may be incomplete due to the following:

1) Non named mobs that "always" drop loot -- may not be known / populated in my source.

2) Named mobs that are (monster/undead/animal) and NOT (NPC-Non Quest/Quest NPC/Merchant)
type are included, but may not actually drop loot as far as we know at the moment.

3) I do not have a character with access beyond T1 HoT, so the zone names may not be

accurate. This is easily fixed if information can be provided.

Besides these 2 issues.... I have worked hard to provide the most accurate spawn list
for each zone.

I hope this helps you... and happy hunting!
Ini files updated (get updated files).

Update: 12-12-2010
Sanctum Somnium loot dropping mobs / named updated to reflect correct exact names .. thanks for the input and helping to make this better!

Updated files posted in this thread. (SpawnCk.ini / MQ2Targets.ini / MQ2SpawnMaster.ini)

Update: 01-23-2011
Case Specific code enabled.
Case specific ini entries updated.
Now uses same zone format as MQ2SpawnMaster.ini to be consistent, using updated TLO in MQ2MMOTLO plugin.

Update: 04-22-2011
I have updated the Mq2SpawnMaster.ini and the Spawnck.ini

There were some inconsistencies in mob named names.. and a couple of the zone names were not exact matches.

This update includes a manual verification of all zones and mob names for:

Secrets of Faydwer
Seeds of Destruction
Underfoot
House of Thule (Tier1) and (Tier2)

All NON LOOT DROPPING NAMED have been removed ( quest named mobs, etc ).

As I do not have a toon that has access beyong Tier2 HoT, I can not manually verify those zones / named.

Any zone name that has a + after it's label, has been authenticated.
Ini files updated.

Update: 4-24-2011
HoT (Tier3) and (Tier4) updated / verified.

Update: 10-22-2013
Added additional "old world" zone mob info to both ini files.
Veil of Alaris expansion zones and named/placeholder mobs added.
Rain of Fear expansion zones and named/placeholder mobs added.

Update: 12-02-2013
Corrected macro by HTW uploaded to replace broken one.
Call of the Forsaken expansion zones and named/placeholder mobs added.

Update: 01-05-2014
Missing "Heart of Fear" zones added to Rain of Fear section for both ini's.

Update: 01-22-2014

Both SpawnCK.ini and MQ2Spawnmaster.ini have been updated on the first thread of this post to reflect the name change of Dread Lord Dizok Tolax to Dread Lord Javis Tolax during the CoTF: Hate Rising patch on 1-22-2014.

Update: 01-28-2014
SpawnCK.mac has been updated to now check and load MQ2LOG plugin, and to turn timestamp logging off on the SpawnCK log file.

Also, SpawnCK.ini and MQ2SpawnMaster.ini have been updated to include missing RoF Tier3 zones of The Plane of Shadow and Chelsith Reborn.

Proper TIER labels added for RoF and COTF expansions.

Added Tier1b Named for new named spawns in CoTF since patch on 1-22-2014

Macro AND Ini files updated (get updated files).

Update: 03-13-2014
Corrected issue where map file entry was not formatted correctly to show multiple words in named.

Example:
P ${X}, ${Y}, ${Z}, 240, 0, 0, 3, The Bone Collector
now writes properly to be
P ${X}, ${Y}, ${Z}, 240, 0, 0, 3, The_Bone_Collector

Map file enties with multiple words in the name will not display properly without the underscore.

Macro file updated (get updated file).

Update: 06-03-2014

Added named for CoTF Tier2 [Tower of Rot], and [Plane of War]
Corrected slight issue with long names not writing to log file correctly.

Macro and INI files for MQ2Spawnmaster dll and SpawnCK macro are updated, Ini files updated (get updated files)..

Update: 07-16-2014

Added named for CoTF Tier2 [Argin-Hiz].

Working on assumed zone name for MMoBugs.Zone value for new zone, if real zone differs I will update.

INI files for MQ2Spawnmaster dll and SpawnCK macro are updated, Ini files updated (get updated files)..

Update: 01-13-2015

Added named for TDS expansion. (Long overdue, I know.)

INI files for MQ2Spawnmaster dll and SpawnCK macro are updated, Ini files updated (get updated files)..

Updated 12-07-2016:

Conditional coding issue was causing no mob name to be added to the map entry line in the output log file. This has been corrected and tested.

Updated 12-09-2016:

All INI Files updated for "The Broken Mirror" and "Empires of Kunark" expansions... also includes perm fix for the correct locations being generated for named locations...

Updated 03-23-2017:

Corrected zone name "Scorched Woods" to "The Scorched Woods" to resolve improper zone name config.
Fix applied to both SpawnCk.ini and MQ2SpawnMaster.ini

Attachments

• SpawnCk.mac
    5.3 KB · Views: 25
  • SpawnCk.ini
    56.2 KB · Views: 22
  • MQ2SpawnMaster.ini
    53.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Can something like this be converted/used as an INC to be called from other macros?

Or can it be included as an event within another macro? (Like, say, a RH or BH macro?)

At one time I used to run the Krust macro in the background to manage things like clickies, buffs, basic skills etc. It was a great help for a raiding toon to have the basic housekeeping chores attended to.

As I used it more I started to create INC files to handle more chores beyond what the basic Mac did. Things like resposes to mob emotes on raids and stuff (Hatchet emotes - that sort of thing) Using an INC makes the Mac less cumbersome and cleaner.

I'm working on trying to get Krust updated, or better yet, a new Mac to replace it in form and function. Having something as useful as this as an INC embedded into the new one, rather than have to toggle macs just seemed to be a good idea.

At one time I used to run the Krust macro in the background to manage things like clickies, buffs, basic skills etc. It was a great help for a raiding toon to have the basic housekeeping chores attended to.

As I used it more I started to create INC files to handle more chores beyond what the basic Mac did. Things like resposes to mob emotes on raids and stuff (Hatchet emotes - that sort of thing) Using an INC makes the Mac less cumbersome and cleaner.

I'm working on trying to get Krust updated, or better yet, a new Mac to replace it in form and function. Having something as useful as this as an INC embedded into the new one, rather than have to toggle macs just seemed to be a good idea.

I envy people who know how to code well enough to do stuff like this lol. I've been chewing through the forums, wiki's, etc trying to learn how to do coding for macro's etc and still have trouble. I suppose if I knew what "language" everything was coded in I might have better luck, but as of now I just depend a lot on learning using the macro's already available and even then I don't know what half the shit means :-D

I suppose if I knew what "language" everything was coded in I might have better luck

C

Hmm, even the macro's are in C?

I was looking at C++, C#, VB, Python...couldn't find it lol

I don't think I'm even remotely close to doing plugin's. But I do have free access to all the books I want on programming via Books24X7 thanks to the military's skillport system :-D

Update:

A small error in coding allowed for non named mobs to be considered as named improperly. I've altered the check condition to ensure that only exact matches of the name trigger the positive named response. Partial named will not now.

Code has been uploaded to original post.

UPDATE:

All mobs that drop gear in the Hardcore Dungeons for both:

[Lost Temple of Cazic-Thule]

and

[Reinforced Blackburrow]

Have been updated in the SpawncCk.ini as well as the Mq2SpawnMaster.ini

These are updated in the original post up top.

I will update them again when next set of Hardcore Dungeons are live.

any chance you could mod this to update the mq2targets.ini?

Working nicely EXCEPT sometimes using /spawnmaster uplist crashes to desktop.
Not all time, but about 1 in every 10 commands I get a CTD.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 3 characters.

Last edited:
Works pretty good, anyone able to update this for thule?

UPDATED FOR HOUSE OF THULE . . . . NEW FILE FORMAT IN CONFIG FILE

Please redownload all files from original post up top.

Macro has changed slightly as well as the config file.. so get them new.

Included are updated Mq2SpawnMaster.ini and Mq2Targets.ini files for those plugins.

Last edited:
Thanks for writing this macro, I like that it can add spawn locs to your map, very useful info.

I started using it in Somnium and noticed some mob name errors in the .ini files. The following mobs should have "a" or "an" before their name: Flesheating Beetle, Goblin Raid Leader, Lifeweaver Servant, Shadow Warden, Soulmage Servant, Shieldbearer Guardian, Arcane Warden.

Also, 3 mobs were missing "The" before their name and "an infected rat" was missing.

Anyway, I fixed it and posted the patch below.

SpawnCK.ini

Code:
[Sanctum Somnium]
Spawn0=a bladedancer guardian
Spawn1=a bright warden
Spawn2=a flesheating beetle
Spawn3=a giant warlord
Spawn4=a goblin raid leader
Spawn5=a lifeweaver servant
Spawn6=a psychotic leprechaun
Spawn7=a shadow warden
Spawn8=a shieldbearer guardian
Spawn9=a soulmage servant
Spawn10=a spellsword guardian
Spawn11=a spellward servant
Spawn12=an arcane warden
Spawn13=an infected rat
Spawn14=Archmagus Erlen
Spawn15=Archmagus Nesalie
Spawn16=Conjurer Nallen
Spawn17=Demonologist Sharra
Spawn18=Executor Bashka
Spawn19=High Priest Casmion
Spawn20=High Priest Darsia
Spawn21=Knight Captain Elena
Spawn22=Knight Captain Rosch
Spawn23=Larrow the Demented
Spawn24=Master Thief Quentin
Spawn25=Rites Master Lorett
Spawn26=The Beast King
Spawn27=The Dream Collector
Spawn28=The Dream Destroyer
Spawn29=DONE_NOW

Last edited:
Thanks for all the hard work on this TreeHugin!

Thanks for writing this macro, I like that it can add spawn locs to your map, very useful info.

I started using it in Somnium and noticed some mob name errors in the .ini files. The following mobs should have "a" or "an" before their name: Flesheating Beetle, Goblin Raid Leader, Lifeweaver Servant, Shadow Warden, Soulmage Servant, Shieldbearer Guardian, Arcane Warden.

Also, 3 mobs were missing "The" before their name and "an infected rat" was missing.

Anyway, I fixed it and posted the patch below.

Thanks a ton for helping to make it better!

Since it is using EXACT naming to do the matches... from a spawn function ... if the names are not an exact match.. you won't be notified of them... so getting these corrections is a boon.

I went by the listings in Allakhazam since i didn't have access to that zone yet. There might be a few other situations in other HoT zones that have this happen.... The more we learn about these issues, the better we can make it.

I'll update my list.. and post the updated files asap.

Update - ok ... files have been reposted in top thread ... for all 3 file formats.

Last edited:
Found that this is notifying you of quest mobs, so I'm editing the stuff to remove those guys. Otherwise, great item here.. t hank you (and for the spawnmaster.ini).

UPDATE

Update:
Case Specific code enabled.
Case specific ini entries updated.
Now uses same zone format as MQ2SpawnMaster.ini to be consistent, using updated TLO in MQ2MMOTLO plugin.

Se original thread for updated files.