Sony Launchpad

Hivolt

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Does anyone know how this sony launchpad affects multiple accounts on one computer? I have about 8 installations of EQ and only 1 launchpad, are there any known issues with this yet? I am just coming back from a post gk nerf break and may have missed a few things, hehe. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I run two EQ folders myself and was initially worried about this. However, after some testing it appears that Launchpad funnels the actual account login into one place, but you still are running the eqgame.exe from whichever directory you click on the shortcut from.

So, the only real PITA's with the new launchpad are that since it's now a shared login, it will only ever remember your last login name regardless of which copy of EQ you run. So if you normally ran the same accounts on different copies of eq and it remembered those account names on each instance of EQ, you're hosed now and you'll be typing in all 8 account names each time. Awesome isn't it!

Also another thing is you can't tab to highlight "I Accept" on the EULA now, you have to mouse click it. At least it seems that way so far to me, didn't mess around with it a whole lot.

You CAN however bypass all the gayness of Launchpad, and instead of having 8 shortcuts to "Everquest.exe", just modify your shortcuts to "eqgame.exe" patchme. This will skip Launchpad and go straight into the game. Just remember to run patcher on patch days, or when you think you might be missing files. That means tab highlighted "I Accept" and remembering of account names for each copy of EQ!

So for example, the target of my shortcuts now look like such:

"C:\Program Files\Games\Everquest\eqgame.exe" patchme

Hope that answers your questions,

Joemama

Not my find, IEA on MQ2 Off:

ieatacid said:
And it looks like adding /nolpad as an argument makes it use the old patcher. Change target to this in your shortcut:

"C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\Everquest.exe" /nolpad

I also have 2 EQ folders. And I use WinEQ 2 to handle my multi sessions

I run native EQ (via the launchpad) for each of the folders once a day to catch any minor updates or patches and then run all of my EQ sessions from WinEQ 2 shortcuts pointing to either of the EQ folders.

Thanks for all the help. I hope WinEQ picks up on the /nolpad switch soon. I rely on eq to remember some of my login names due to purchased accounts, lol. For now I can use the /nolpad switch to do my patching and use WinEQ with patching off for the rest of the time.

They broke the /nolpad so that the old patcher does not patch all of the files anymore. But I also found that logging into the launchpad does not save the login name in that accounts eq directory. So I have made a folder with normal shortcuts to each eq account and can use one login (with shortest password) to patch each of the directories one at a time with launchpad. Then I can still use WinEQ2 to run each account without patching and retain each accounts login name as i wanted. Hope this helps someone besides me, hehe.

Ok this is a bit of a noob question! Why have more then 1 eq file i have only been running one for ever and it works just fine i am confused by haveing 2 different launch files on one pc!!!!

I run several dudes on one computer at one time. When I set this up it was recommended that each have its own directory to run from. This is how I have always done it and have one directory for each account I log into now, which remembers each login name for me. Space is not an issue, my C: drive is one terabyte, hehe.