Sony and RaF toons --- read the log from TSR

I spoke with CSR Oliver today and the excuse I was given is their has to be a paid subscription on the recruited account for the exp bonus to kick in.He said within 24 hours of paying the accounts should get all rewards he also said I had to wait out the 14 day trial period that I couldn't sub and get the reward now.Is that how this is supposed to work or is he full of it? I thought as soon as you grouped up you got the 300% bonus exp .

full of it

u are supposed to recieve bonus xp on recruitee immidently
and you dont have to wait the 14days out to sub , you can do it immidently, but you dont have to to get the bonuses on the recruitee,
and that 24 hour thing is (meh) once they say they have it worked out , 1 of my accounts took literally 2 mins, others took weeks, but from the point that they finially got it straight down at soe, it took only a few hours.

but i have heard all 3 of those things you told me from a cpl diffrent reps down at soe. none of it is true even a cpl reps contridicted those guys , saying thats not correct who told you that, btu just from the way things worked for me i know thats not how it works

added

every siingle recruitee i have ever made or sent anyone , always gets 300% xp bonus during 14 day trial , after sub, etc, i havent ever had problems with recruitees, only recruiters.

Besides checking on how much xp I am getting, is there a way to check if they have disabled the RAF tag for the recruiter and/or the recruitee?

go to eqplayers
hit the recruit a friend page
scroll out where u sent out the invites and see (mine was changed to ineligible acct for the one i sent out raf to)

another i had previously sent raf to is fine and shows i got rewarded for it

also yea during the 14 days the recruitees ive dealt with got their 300 percent, the one recruiting normally didnt get anything till the recruitee went active

Even IF was not the case, when u pay for a voa you are paying for their services, they bundled the 30 days on there, shit when they were down all that time u got 45 free days, they dont give u 30 days for nothing they want you to pay for it as a bundle (voa and 30 days), any remnants of 14 day trial goes out the window at that point and you arent on a trial acct anymore

Last edited:
what i do

i use as much of the 14 days as i can , i usually immidently get to 62 then group with myself and level to 85, get a few of my most important aas along the way , then i activate the account.

1 of the possible excuses they are using (of which ive heard a few) from folks having issues

u get the raf acct
u pay for voa (it grants that acct 30 days)
even if u have a cc on file , the 30 days from upgrading expansions is according to some csr not really paying for it cause u didnt pay 14.99 1st

its a technicality, but yea from start u get 14 trial days, u go pay for expansion and get 30 days w that expansion, they end your trial status (even on 1st day of 14 free days), they are saying thats the reason u arent getting raf now cause, u didnt pay for subscription when they ended the trial by upgrading to voa and didnt charge u 14.99 yet (its not your choice , the 30 days from voa come out 1st after those are over then youll get your cc charged)

Last edited:
ask em to freeze it

a long time ago i had an issue where i wasnt gonna recieve my lotd for 1 until all my free time had passed , and i had nearly 3 months stocked, so what they did for me was (believe me took like 30 calls and emails to get somone that knew anything) put a hold on my time, and put the cc payment through. then tag the free time on at the end, this solved the problem and i immidently recieved my lotd.

Why is it only 3 months of experience bonus? I thought it was unlimited if you are not the same level as recruiter for regular experience. (swear I remember reading this by Piestro like 5 months ago).

And it never worked for AA experience correct?

If its only 3 months benefit, seems rather pointless to make a RAF. I'd much rather have an account with veteran rewards of 7+ years over RAF if thats the case. Also, remember # of years on account entitlement effects couple of the anniversary augs power, not a biggie but since when was it hard to level up a toon anyways.

Anyone else can verify their RAF stopped working after 3 months?

got a reply saying try to make another raf acct, (kinda hard since i transferred a toon into for a fee and upgraded the acct)

told them about the billing handling and see what they say

got a reply saying try to make another raf acct, (kinda hard since i transferred a toon into for a fee and upgraded the acct)

told them about the billing handling and see what they say
They told me the same thing - I insisted they move the paid time and expansion to the new account, which they did

piestro said it

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=177394

07/01/2011 15:03:21
Subject: Re:Invite a Friend to Play EverQuest
Buc

Defender

Piestro wrote:

Bonus Experience

Once your friend converts to a paying subscriber, you will receive bonus experience from that point forward.
When grouped with your invited friend, receive up to double the normal experience during that adventuring time.
If you are not grouped with your invited friend, you will still receive a 50% percent bonus to your adventuring experience.
Group experience bonuses only apply if both players are within close adventuring proximity of each other.

So if the players aren't in "close proximity" (what does that mean? 100 range? the whole zone?), there is no bonus to anyone?
Do they have to be close in level for this to apply?
And this stacks with Lesson and other bonuses (double XP weekends and so on)?
07/01/2011 15:08:11
Piestro

Community Relations

The experience bonuses are permanent. In order to recieve the out of group experience bonus you still need to be in close proximity to the recruited friend. Level differences do not matter for the out of group proximity bonus, and it does stack with other experience bonuses. In addition the experience bonus for recruit a friend is applied after fellowship sharing.

Message edited by Piestro on 07/01/2011 15:09:54.
Your browser does not support iframes. Iframes are a requirement to see a user's signature.
07/01/2011 15:21:48
Malacath

How long exactly does it take it to go from Trying game to Rewarded after a friend enters his credit card? its been 2 hours since mine said he entered his credit card and it still says trying game

Last edited:
So why is the CSR rep saying only 3 months of bonus? Serious miscommunication or did they turn it off. Who has a RAF > 3months that can check if its still being applied.

And it doesn't apply to AA exp correct? Just regular?

aas as well

hasnt been quite 3 months fr me yet, but i know for a fact aas are effected same as regular xp.