Sony and RaF toons --- read the log from TSR

Brano11

I am omg awesome!
Reaction score
So I was wondering why my RaF account was NOT getting the bonus xp anymore, when other people I know still was.

This can save some people a lot of heartache when trying the RaF stuff.

TSR Oliver D.: Hi, my name is TSR Oliver D..
xxxxxsoe: Hi Oliver
xxxxxt soe: I am just wondering why my recruit a friend xp no longer works
TSR Oliver D.: One moment please, while I look into this for you. Thank You.

TSR Oliver D.: It only works if you are grouped with your recruitee/recruiter and only lasts for 3 months.
xxxxx soe: I was grouped with the person who recruited me, but I was not getting any bonus xp. And the account is NOT 3 months old, I only created it like 2 weeks ago to play with my friend
xxxxxsoe: And my subscription never lapsed either
TSR Oliver D.: What is his/her email address?
xxxxx soe: Her email is xxxxxxxxx
TSR Oliver D.: And what is your station name that was recruited?
xxxxxx soe: xxxxxx
xxxxx soe: and the email on that account is xxxxxxx
TSR Oliver D.: Our records show that this account is ineligible for reward.
xxxxxx soe: Why is that though?
xxxxxx soe: I was getting the bonus xp, and then all the sudden it stopped. I followed all the links to sign up properly, and added a credit card to the account
TSR Oliver D.: I do see another account similar to "xxxxxx" but with a number at the end.
TSR Oliver D.: That could be the one you are referring to.
xxxxx soe: Yea I just made that account today so see if the recruit a friend was still active
xxxxxx soe: No xxxxx (WITHOUT the 1) is the one who was getting the bonus xp, but no longer is
TSR Oliver D.: Unfortunately this account is not eligible for the reward. There is no way to bypass it.
xxxxx soe: I understand that, but what I want to know is why? I want to know so I dont make the same mistake by accident and screw up the other account I try to make, if I even play eq anymore
xxxxxsoe: This is the worst customer service by any company I have seen
xxxx soe: It seems like sony doesnt care about everquest players and screw them around however
xxxxx soe: The RaF program seemed awesome, but now it also seems there are so many bugs with it, that it will never work right so I could get xp one day, and the next it is over
xxxxxx soe: Absolutely terrible
TSR Oliver D.: It looks as though you purchase the Veil of Alaris, which granted the account the free 30 days, which in turn failed the RAF.
xxxxxx soe: But why would that fail the RaF, shouldnt it have made it work, since your supossed to get the 3 months of xp bonus?
TSR Oliver D.: It was suppose to use the credit card on file. But since you purchased the expansion it granted the free 30 days. The RAF requires a paid subscription in order to receive the reward.
xxxxxxx soe: Can you all take away my free 30 days and make it a paying account so I get the reward then? It seems to me that people would want to activate a new expansion (giving sony more money) but then in turn taking away RaF bonus xp
TSR Oliver D.: Unfortunately the system won't allow us to do that.
xxxxx soe: Because I dont understand why it was working just a few days ago (after I purchased VoA) and now its not
xxxxxsoe: Well let me ask you this, after the "free" 30 days is up and I start paying with a credit card, will it activate the bonus xp again?
TSR Oliver D.: The RAF requires a paid subscription. Being that you received a free 30 days from the expansion, it does not recognize it as a paid subscription. That is the reason why it flagged the account as ineligible.
TSR Oliver D.: I am not too sure, let me double check.
xxxxx soe: ok
xxxxx soe: To me it seems that when the free 30 days is up, i would technically have 2 more months of bonus xp still available
xxxxx soe: Bonus Experience

Once your friend converts to a paying subscriber, you will receive bonus experience from that point forward.
When grouped with your invited friend, receive up to double the normal experience during that adventuring time.
If you are not grouped with your invited friend, you will still receive a 50% percent bonus to your adventuring experience.
Group experience bonuses only apply if both players are within close adventuring proximity of each other.
TSR Oliver D.: I was informed that it will not flag the account for the XP.
xxxxx soe: LOL so your telling me, that once I add voa to an account, It will negate the bonus xp. That is one way to really screw people over. Who is going to want to only play up to level 85 and no use the new expansions
xxxxx soe: So technically your telling me, if I want to do another RaF account, I CANNOT add new expansions to it right?
TSR Oliver D.: You can, after the trial and when you are charged for a subscription. Then you can add the expansion(s).
xxxxxxx soe: Ok so dont add any expansions until it says my 14 day trial has ran out?
TSR Oliver D.: Correct and when you are charged for a subscription. It will then flag the account for the rewards and the status will be changed from "Trying Game" to "You've been Rewarded!".
xxxxxxx soe: Ok, that is all. Thanks

im tellin ya

man these effin fools at soe have a diffrent answer every effin time you contact em, ive called, emailed, and live chatted/petitioned with raf issues more times than i can count.

so far everything they told you , was something completly diffrent from the 20 diffrent things they told me.

i could go on forever as to the crap they told me each time i contacted them, they are all a bunch of effin idiots when it comes to most of the stuff that involves what they are supposedly being paid to know.

but if it helps you any , when it was all said and done , and 2 weeks of calls and emails etc. multiple times a day(im tenacious when it comes to not getting something that i have given money to get)............ i have voa, they did finially give me my benefits(all of them) and i am gettign the xp bonus that i paid for. and accodding to piestro on forums and 2 of the hundred reps i talked to , raf does not have a time limit(and none of the others said it did, but those i mentioned specefically said there is no timelimit..
also if it helps anyone else for other issues i have seen people having with raf(its soes word so take it for what it is worth,) unless you are banned(not suspended) you are supposed to continue to recieve you raf benefits when you meet the criteria of location and levels.

and also ive gotten this from several diffrent times of contacting them , you do not loose your benefits if your payment laspses, they pick back up once you resub,,like i said its soes word, so take it for what it is worth , but those are a few things that no matter what direction there bullshit rebuttle went, the all seemd to be in agreement on those things if i asked.

Shouldn't need to wait 14 days as long as you put a Sub on the account.... I just made a new one last night and put a sub on today... noticed it billing started today now (due again 1/14/12) so if you put a Sub on the account you don't get to play the rest of the 14 days free it seems :p

I know, but somehow the TSR didn't understand that what he said made no sense at all. I've PM'ed eq Devs to see if they can do anything heh.

long post and was having a hard time following thru, so did the removal of RAF have to do with being suspended or with buying VoA?

Mine were removed from all EIGHT of my 9box due to the RECRUITEE having been suspended.

They refuse to fix it, and through the 3 different call sessions, 2 live chats, and 4 ticket updates I have found that not a SINGLE one of the responses I received were the FUCKING SAME EVER.

One said it was because the RAF system went down, and since i was suspended during that time it didn't reactive the RAF tag on my accounts.

Another said that since my RECRUITEE was suspended that my RAF's were no longer elligable.

YET ANOTHER told me that the RAF program was discontinued, and that RAF had been stopped. I told this bitch that she was "misinformed", and that she needed to talk to her supervisor before she continued to give me misinformation as I had previously spoken to TWO CSRs previously about this issue. Needless to say, she hung up with "I'll get back to you on that sir".

SHE FUCKING HUNG UP ON ME!

Lastly, the most enjoyable response I got back was "RAF rewards are not compatible on multiple accounts connected to a single RAF. I'm sorry for any inconvenience". SERIOUSLY?! Jesus H. FUUUUUUUCK!

That being said, I'm currently debating whether or not to cancel ALL 9 of my accounts, and listing EVERY CSR agent I'd spoken to as the cause of my canceling on EACH account, or to REDO 8 FUCKING characters! That being said, I'm not even sure RAF works anymore with a suspension on my RECRUITEE :'(.

Plus, I have to weigh the fact that I CANNOT, and REFUSE, to play EQ without MQ2. So wtf happens if I remake YET AGAIN, and I'm "suspended" YET AGAIN, and I lose my RAF....YET AGAIN?! :'(

/rabble /rabble /rabble, and so forth good sirs :).

-Mojo

cause im dense and i dont get shit

once the raf acct uses up the 30 days from purchasing voa it will get the raf bonus since its an active acct or its just gone period?

responses I received were the FUCKING SAME EVER.

Mine were removed from all EIGHT of my 9box due to the RECRUITEE having been suspended.

They refuse to fix it, and through the 3 different call sessions, 2 live chats, and 4 ticket updates I have found that not a SINGLE one of the responses I received were the FUCKING SAME EVER.

One said it was because the RAF system went down, and since i was suspended during that time it didn't reactive the RAF tag on my accounts.

Another said that since my RECRUITEE was suspended that my RAF's were no longer elligable.

YET ANOTHER told me that the RAF program was discontinued, and that RAF had been stopped. I told this bitch that she was "misinformed", and that she needed to talk to her supervisor before she continued to give me misinformation as I had previously spoken to TWO CSRs previously about this issue. Needless to say, she hung up with "I'll get back to you on that sir".

SHE FUCKING HUNG UP ON ME!

Lastly, the most enjoyable response I got back was "RAF rewards are not compatible on multiple accounts connected to a single RAF. I'm sorry for any inconvenience". SERIOUSLY?! Jesus H. FUUUUUUUCK!

That being said, I'm currently debating whether or not to cancel ALL 9 of my accounts, and listing EVERY CSR agent I'd spoken to as the cause of my canceling on EACH account, or to REDO 8 FUCKING characters! That being said, I'm not even sure RAF works anymore with a suspension on my RECRUITEE :'(.

Plus, I have to weigh the fact that I CANNOT, and REFUSE, to play EQ without MQ2. So wtf happens if I remake YET AGAIN, and I'm "suspended" YET AGAIN, and I lose my RAF....YET AGAIN?! :'(

/rabble /rabble /rabble, and so forth good sirs :).

-Mojo

100% true, i seriously dont know what type of system they have going there , nowhere have i ever encountered a cs team that is more cluless. and i have had some doozies, but the people down at soe, i swear are just paid to guess the answer and then they all get together at the end of the week and throw a big office party and swap stories of who pissed off a customer the most that week , and who gave the biggest whopper of a bs answer.

soe rep: "yeah this guy called and wanted to know why he wasnt getting credited for something he paid for, i was feeling jazzy that day, so i went with an old bible scripture. told the guy hed have to go baptize in the dirty pond and eq gods would smile upon his humble ways, and reinstate everything"

This might help, this guy had more clarity than the previous...

TSR Paul P.: Hi, my name is TSR Paul P..
XXX soe: Hello
TSR Paul P.: Hello! Give me one moment to look over the account, please.
TSR Paul P.: When was the recruit sent?
XXX soe: The RAF account is XXX, December 4th
TSR Paul P.: The account status is ineligible for reward.
XXX soe: Alright, care to elaborate on that?
TSR Paul P.: First of all, the account never subscribed
TSR Paul P.: Second, it was suspended due to hacking.
XXX soe: To address the first, the trial is not up, I am able to log in. As for the hacking, are you saying the hacking is what turned off the RAF bonus?
TSR Paul P.: That's likely the cause.
XXX soe: Likely? So you don't actually know what the cause is, how can that be?
TSR Paul P.: Ok, the suspension is what caused it.
XXX soe: And you know that for a fact right? You're not saying this to silence me?
TSR Paul P.: Correct.
TSR Paul P.: Is there anything else I can help you with at this time?
XXX soe: Are there any options to reinstate the RAF bonus?
TSR Paul P.: No.
TSR Paul P.: This account cannot become eligible again.
TSR Paul P.: *the XXX account. (He is referencing the RAF account here)
XXX soe: If I were to create a new RAF account would that account receive the bonus? Is the bonus linked to the one sending (XXX) or just the individual RAF account?
TSR Paul P.: It should, but you should check on the RAF status to make sure it is properly linked before subscribing on the recruited account.
XXX soe: I don't understand what you mean by that, before I pay for the new RAF account... I don't plan on paying for anything without first using the 14free days... Are you saying the bonus exp is now linked to payment?
TSR Paul P.: To receive all the bonuses, you need to subscribe on the recruited account.
TSR Paul P.: You've sent multiple recruits from this account, so I assume you already know.
XXX soe: Indeed I have, but I've always only used the 14free days to test out classes... I never had to pay to receive the bonus exp. Did that change?
TSR Paul P.: In case you would like to learn more about RAF, you can read more information at https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29059
XXX soe: Understood, that's all I needed, thank you.

According to this TSR, it is the suspensions that took away the bonuses.

But that isn't entirely true, because the person I play with still has the xp bonus, and she was suspended also.

does the friend that was suspended have a fully active RAF acct, ie not still using the 30 days given by activating VoA, was your own acct (like mine not done using the 30 days from voa purchase and therefore not "truly" active

For me it seems that it wont go active from a credit card until the 29 of dec at which point maybe is when I should look again at wether RAF status changes in your raf page (main acct)

But that isn't entirely true, because the person I play with still has the xp bonus, and she was suspended also.

again, i think this is a fluke, i could see them doing this. As the RAF program didn't so much bring in friends as it brought more boxing :p

I'd consider your friend lucky because the more we hear about this the more people's RAF exp has been removed.

I think these are the key points to look at. I'd hesitate thinking that anything will be different, after the "free" 30days added by purchasing an expansion, but that's just me.

I think these are the key points to look at. I'd hesitate thinking that anything will be different, after the "free" 30days added by purchasing an expansion, but that's just me.

Yea because when I activated VoA on the raf account now, I still had it. So them saying that using VoA to activate it doesnt seem to be true in my mind lol

This may not be the right place to do this but I am seeing more and more frustration with the CSR with SOE and so I looked something up. Maybe if more people complained along some route that kept track of it all then they might (I hope they would) start paying a bit more attention. Most CSR have set responses to give in regards of questions. This doesn't seem to be the case. That is just crappy customer service in my opinion. Pass this link around and maybe someone will take a little more notice if those having issues make a big enough stink about it. ;)

http://www.bbb.org/san-diego/busine...e-entertainment-inc-in-san-diego-ca-11000350/

Also, you do not have to use a paid subscription to get the bonuses..You can use game cards, but they must be brand new game cards, aka Wal-Mart or other stores. I bought some online and they codes they gave me ended my RAF bonus on entering it.

I made sure to put a new game card from Wal-Mart on the account before i bought any expansion. So far so good on bonuses being intact.

Just to point out when you buy VoA. You are PAYING for the game time. its not free, it is included in the cost of the expansion.

not in my experience

Also, you do not have to use a paid subscription to get the bonuses..You can use game cards, but they must be brand new game cards, aka Wal-Mart or other stores. I bought some online and they codes they gave me ended my RAF bonus on entering it.

I made sure to put a new game card from Wal-Mart on the account before i bought any expansion. So far so good on bonuses being intact.

the first one i made it worked with a walmart soe game card, i did the other 3 the same way , and they did not work with the same exact card.