sold account still being charged

Crippie

warp?!! hell no ..was lag
Reaction score
ok here is my dilema, sold an account about 3 months ago I forgot to cancel my cc on it and I have been getting charged every month. I emailed the new owner a few times up to last month and no reply. what should I do? Don't want to cancel my CC I'm about to repo the damn account until he emails me and pays me back

Changing the password cancels any current sub from auto renew. So obviously he has not changed the password. Log on and cancel the auto renew and remove the CC.

Changing the password cancels any current sub from auto renew. So obviously he has not changed the password. Log on and cancel the auto renew and remove the CC.

When did this start?

I had this happen and just ganked the account back. He paid and I have the account back to him

Password was changed and so was the email

If you're being charged, do what you need to make it stop. Including taking it back until they contact you. I'm sure a lifetime subscription wasn't a part of your original deal :p

Only other option you have is contesting the charges with your bank, which is a pita - especially if you have any other accts on the same card.

Not true. Neither does changing emails. I've had it happen to me once. I bought an account, changed all the info but forgot to cancel the existing sub (I usually pay for bought accts via game card or krono, not my CC) and still had the sub renew.

I know it's not me. I don't have any emails or PMs from you, Crippie. Besides I don't recall that your card was ever even on that account. But I know it's not there now. I can't get to the account page to double check just now but will do so as soon as whatever is going on with the internet today clears up.

You can also contact Sony with the card number ect and have them cancel accounts linked to it. I had gotten to a point that I was paying for more accounts then I was playing on and couldn't for the life of me remember what other ones my card was on. Called SoE and they gave me the SN of the accounts and asked what ones I wanted to cancel and got it all taken care of. However, that won't help with the charges you've already had, but would at least stop anymore.

wasn't anyone on Bugs so I emailed again and confiscated the account. didn't really want to call soe and have them poking around in my accounts (kinda paranoid) " Sir you seem to have 6 accounts that has been on for 3 weeks straight, do you ever sleep?" LOL anyway just waiting to hear back from buddy.

Well the beauty of EQ is that you never need to log out. They don't have an anti afk thing so I don't think they'd ask you if you slept or not lol

I just tested this with my yearly sub i changed my password and it canceled the auto renew. I'm not sure how it didn't do this for you guys.

I just tested this with my yearly sub i changed my password and it canceled the auto renew. I'm not sure how it didn't do this for you guys.

I've never heard of this. I change passwords quite often and have never had this happen.

I am pretty sure it only cancels the sub if it is a multi month or a year plan. Monthly it does not. I had this issue years ago.

Sony has always had big issues with their payment systems. Recall the bug a few years back that allowed people who got 1-2 year subs and canceled it to rack up the veteran rewards? Anyhow, they won't get it right for a while lol, expect things to work in strange ways.