[SoD] Stop the ascension.

Nawer

Reaction score
my guild tested this event without any infos and i think we are on the good way, but still missing some important infos i guess.

we made 7 groups and spreaded them one by totem crossing the zone.

we triggered and gnolls pop by 3 at the totem, we ae root and single pull/kill them. we did that for like 10 spawns and nothing happen. i'm prolly sure that we need to down a special number in special time.

any infos & tips that can help my guild pls ?

P -24.1117, 459.6121, -59.3958, 0, 0, 0, 3, TOTEM_1
P -373.1230, 263.1793, -187.2362, 0, 0, 0, 3, TOTEM_2
P 147.5292, 209.6015, -217.9883, 0, 0, 0, 3, TOTEM_3
P -346.9948, 125.7934, -157.3656, 0, 0, 0, 3, TOTEM_4
P -620.3417, 26.8387, -72.1085, 0, 0, 0, 3, TOTEM_5
P -589.4578, -39.6214, -146.3871, 0, 0, 0, 3, TOTEM_6
P -405.1627, -72.2838, -174.4497, 0, 0, 0, 3, TOTEM_7

Put these in the file Oldblackburrow_2

Set your groups at the positions listed above:

Trigger event:

3 Mobs will pop at each totem, kill the 2 that are none > A Wrext Mal Mundundugu.

Have all your groups dps A Wrext Mal Mundundugu to 20% and hold till all groups are there.

Tell the raid to Kill there Mundungugu's at the same time.

Update: Named pops very easy and strait forward dps.

Get loot

cool! thanks a lot.

i'll edit the post in time to put the complete strategy & sub-strats.

Also remember that the mobs are leashed to the totems. If you leash the mobs it spawns more adds. You can't have any more than 10 people(I think?) per a totem (this includes pets) or it also spawns more adds.

we finally beat it ! as said before one group per totem, kill all but muduruguru and keep it at 5% until all group are at this point. kill them together and task get updated, gather to center and track a NPC "dont remember name" to get the next task update, then track named kill --> LooTz !

P -548.7914, -280.7960, -135.6456, 0, 0, 0, 3, TOTEM_8
P -405.1627, -72.2838, -174.4497, 0, 0, 0, 3, TOTEM_7
P -589.4578, -39.6214, -146.3871, 0, 0, 0, 3, TOTEM_6
P -620.3417, 26.8387, -72.1085, 0, 0, 0, 3, TOTEM_5
P -346.9948, 125.7934, -157.3656, 0, 0, 0, 3, TOTEM_4
P 147.5292, 209.6015, -217.9883, 0, 0, 0, 3, TOTEM_3
P -373.1230, 263.1793, -187.2362, 0, 0, 0, 3, TOTEM_2
P -24.1117, 459.6121, -59.3958, 0, 0, 0, 3, TOTEM_1

You cannot have more than 7 people on agro or you get adds, this includes pets, familiars, and swarm pets, my suggestion is one group per totem, kill the none mundungu's our guild stops DPS at 10%, then when called in all kill mundungu's and meet up for named, tank gets agro and burn him down Easy fight.

Good luck and have fun :)

Oh and do NOT damage the totem's no AE's or AE heals as that will spawn adds......wipe raid then and can't cross over and help another group if they died, they have to get rezzed up and do it themselves or you get adds....Experience is everything

Here's everything I know

Have a couple of people wander the normal old BB zone with the totem locations on their map. This is to learn totem placement. You can just leave this to the raid but when half of them don't bother to paste the locs in you will get screwed.

Totem one is in the tunnel leading to the main portion of the zone.

Totem two is located directly under the earth bridge leading from the first "room"

Totem three is down and around the water from totem 2.

Totem four is across the earth bridge.

Totem five is across the island with the trigger mob and up the rope bridge.

Totems 6, 7, 8 are all clustered near each other, through the doors just past the brewmaster spawn point.

To request this you need to complete Captain Hiran's 3 tasks, before Captain Hiran will talk to you, you need to do Sergeant Bronal Cadran's 2 solo tasks.

Once you get the task you zone in via the normal BB zone in ogh.

No one should move once you zone in. There is a totem with an aura near the entrance, getting too close will trigger the gnolls evac and start a timer. It's assumed to be 20 minutes.

Because of this it's better to fix the groups and buff outside so no one gets stupid.

You need to make 8 stand alone groups. Each needs a tank and healing + some dps, put enchanters with gimpy tanks, shaman with middle tanks. Once this is done and everyone is buffed zone in.

Edge up slightly to trigger the evac, you'll get zonewide text and the gnolls will start running away. The gnolls will aggro you if you get too close so wait a minute after the evac to move.

Head inside to the doorway leading to the caves. On your way down you will pass the first totem spot, drop a group there.

Once you get to the first room, 2 groups wait here, 1 will be the group doing totem five, the other is group 9. Group 9 stands around for most of this portion. Have the people who scouted locations lead the other groups, 1 person can lead groups 6, 7, 8 & another can lead 4, 2, 3. Four first since it's above where the other two are.

Once all 8 groups are placed and the people that lead them are with their group(s) pull the trigger. Group 9 and the group for totem five engage and kill it. It's got less then 100k hp and dies fast. Spam when it's near death so everyone knows totems are about to pop.

Once totems pop totem five group makes it's way up and engages.

Totems have several "tricks"

First, no more then 7 (or 8) entities can be on the aggro list, this includes wards, pets, players. First, no wards. Each group of 6 may only summon 1 pet total, no swarm pets. Auras do not appear to affect the totems. More then 7 or 8, 7 to be safe, and you spawn adds.

Moving too far from a totem while on aggro will cause adds.

Totems have a Spell DS and Melee DS. A/e spells are bad. It's possible these DS only kick in if you are further away from the totem, but to be safe, don't use a/es.

Once totems spawn you will have 3 mobs, 1 Mundungu and 2 trash. Kill the trash. All mobs are mezzable, this is why you put gimpy tanks with enchanters, they can mez everything. Kill the two trash.

Once trash is dead begin working on mundugu. Take them to 5% and hold to make sure the entire raid is ready. When all are at 5, kill. If you have a gimpy dps group have them start first. All 8 mundungu must die within a certain period from the first. This has been stated from 20 seconds to 1 minute. Ours are always dead in about 5 seconds so I cannot give an accurate timer.

Once all of them die the named will spawn. Have the raid meet at totem two, under the earth bridge. You can begin to fix the raid groups (tank group, dps groups) but keep in mind that some people are stupid and if you leave them sitting out of a group while moving, they may get lost.

If you've done the beat the boss mission, the named spawns in the same area as that mission, behind the locked door. Have the raid head down and around the water, past totem 3's location, and past the wood bridge, the path up will be on the right.

Stop near the door and buff fire resist. You can safely remake groups here. There is no known timer for this other then the 6 hour task timer.

Head through the door and you will find Rottrued inside the main room. The room has rounded corners but there is a niche in the wall just south of the hall leading east, he can sorta be cornered there.

Burn him down. He's not special although he does put out more melee dps then the queen. With max FR you can resist the a/e occasionally but not consistently, expect to use group heals. The check is -350 fr but at 700 you will still get hit from time to time. He has a tendency to bounce and face the raid. I am trying to determine the reason for this, not sure if it's from his a/e or the single target DD he uses.

His a/e ramp is flighty. He does a/e ramp hard, sometimes he'll blast it frequently, then he does nothing for a bit.

Once he dies, take the passage east. It leads you to a little room with a mob inside, hit it and it runs off and the chest spawns there.

didnt see it mentioned. Do not slow him. Any kind of slows increases his DPS.

Hmmmm. We slow him and don't have an issue. We'll have to try not slowing next time.

We recently had a weird issue where any detrimental spells cast outside of a small radius would be fully resisted (on Rottrued). It wasn't quite a belly-caster scenario, but the radius was quite small. Haven't encountered this ever before in the many times I've done this event... anyone else? This was last week so maybe it was a fluke.

Some things on this....

It's at least 8 (counting pets) We do this event all the time and my group always consists of 6 toons + 2 pets and never have any problems.

What we do is set up groups just outside agro range of all 8 totems.

A chanter AE Mezes (we're pretty chanter and bard heavy) and that group starts off. The targeted PB AE mez will not cause the totem to spawn adds. It hits the totem (which does nothing) and the 3 adds. The only thing that can go wrong is if the chanter gets resisted so having the right AAs on the chanter being 85 and the chanter being smart enough to have the defensive mez proc up as well as charging the totem on resist so you don't get run adds are all important. The tank for that group needs to be on the ball for resists to get the mob(s) off the chanter as well. If you only running a couple of chanters a dead chanter can cause you to time out. Resists are rare usually but I do remember one run that had *4* double resists (2 mobs at 4 different totems) so the RNG does like to screw with you on occasion.

Once the totem is locked down that group engages. Typically you don't have a chanter for every totem so you have a float chanter. He stays with a totem long enough to get to the mund, blurs the mund to get himself off agro and moves to the next group.

Depending on your raid setup some of your groups can start right away and others wait for the roaming chanter to get to them.

Once the mund is at 10ish percent you either offtank it with no damage or mez lock it. If you mez lock it make sure to keep agro on it or they will regen. Bazu works great. If a bard is mezzing it use a twist with mez and resist debuff and they won't regen. If chanter is mezing and no war follow every mez with a tash and a slow. Numerous ways to do it, just don't just mez or you will have a fully healed mund you have to dps back down sooner or later.

Makes it really easy.

Now this part of the event IS timed and if you have only one chanter you aren't going to have time to do all 8 totems. 2 chanters doing the mez/blur roam probably will.

Once all the munds are at 10% call the kill. Usually my 6 box has two totems and from 10% a bard and wizard can kill a mund in 10 secs or less. (you have about a minute to kill all 8).

Have not really had many issues on pop. Usually try to have a warrior or SK with every group that does not have a chanter. AE taunt on pop slow them and its pretty easy.

Be interested to know your results on slowing. That got passed on to us so we have avoided it. Last time we did him his DPS seemed much higher than previous wins. We attributed it to somebody messing up and have a proc slow or something. If slowing is not a problem it woul be nice to know.

I slow him everytime. His DPS is high regardless, have never tried not slowing him has anyone else?