Slow way to level to 70ish, without paying for it or putting in a ton of time.

Gothicnightmare

Reaction score
Get the shroud.mac from here. Hire a merc. Go to forgotten halls and start shroud.mac.

Your melee char(or caster with pet) will run around for 6 hours while you are working or whatever killing rats and bats. You can even make it loot the corpses you kill with a few simple mods.

I used it for quite a few people that wanted chars on several servers. With semi-ok DPS and bazaar bought gear + modifying the mac a bit to get a new instance every 6 hours you are looking at 1-70 in less than a week without you puting time into it. It starts to slow down drastically after 71/72ish ... but oh well...you can group beyond that.

P.s. Oh and if you find you keep getting killed in the reject room because higher level rejects assist... just alter the mac so that you only kill the rat and bat rooms - ignoring the reject room.

Last edited:
The AAs go pretty slow this way. There are better places to do those AAs if you are going to AFK your exp.

i dont know about nerf but forgotten halls has been on the gm watch list for a long time now .. for a while it was a favorite afk spot. ive tried several different mac's but havnt found any thing i feel comfortable running even for 6-8 hrs while i sleep, at least for aa on my lvl 80 and 85 toons ... i would love to safely be able to make even 10 aa in about 8 hrs of afk work for my monk or monk and shaman...

undead camps in povalor with 2 toons, 1 tank merc 1 clr, mobs turn green at 76 irrc, mobs have large aggro radius, can set one toon close to one camp, other toon at second camp but close enough for mercs to assist each other, think my best night of xp netted 17aa. peace

Ive done fhalls to 85 with 2200AA on a warrior. 80-85 took a lonnnggg time, but i didnt have to do anything.

Ive been able to write macs for Zerker, Shaman, Warrior, Mage, BST. I'm certain i could do just about any class (been thinking about how to do ench, and i wouldnt do bard with vxed out there).

Id be willing to write macs for people for donation, would give me something to do while laid off.

P.s. Oh and if you find you keep getting killed in the reject room because higher level rejects assist... just alter the mac so that you only kill the rat and bat rooms - ignoring the reject room.
can u plz post your updated one not sure how to remove the rejects room ty.

It is a good place to have a GM pop in and send tells or summon you a few times to see if you are afk macroing

GMs bothering people in FH rarely happen. I used it afk for YEARS and never had a ban or suspension for it. *shrug* IMHO a lot of the fear around using FH is mostly people using FH trying to keep it from being over used and drawing attention heh.

Oh , another plus is if you add a looter to your kill macro and you can kill them pretty fast .. you can loot about 1.5m to 2m plat per month off the rats and bats running the macro full time.. If you have SKs with a lot of AA pushed into the life tap lines you will reach a point somewhere between 75 and 80 that you can ditch your healer merc and the SK will stay alive on its taps alone.

I have had two susspensions 10 days and roleback on drinal about a month ago both accounts using vanilla self compile plugin mq2melee and move utills for bypassing the leveling system through getting experience when AFK. Knocked accounts back to level 51 or 52 i forget with no aa, both were in there 70's with about 800ish aa.

72 is the peak area for aa xp at 90% u get 22 per session for me.

SK buff tap healing for me was level 75, i put a cast tap if low hp and a sit if lower than X health as back up but never really used.

still use it but once per day only now and in last month nothing so far.

I have had two susspensions 10 days and roleback on drinal about a month ago both accounts using vanilla self compile plugin mq2melee and move utills for bypassing the leveling system through getting experience when AFK. Knocked accounts back to level 51 or 52 i forget with no aa, both were in there 70's with about 800ish aa.

72 is the peak area for aa xp at 90% u get 22 per session for me.

SK buff tap healing for me was level 75, i put a cast tap if low hp and a sit if lower than X health as back up but never really used.

still use it but once per day only now and in last month nothing so far.

You got petitioned

Is there any way to get at least green mobs all the time at lvl 85? When I get the expedition i get about 40% green and 60% gray (no exp) mobs. If there was even a way to get all green it would still be worth running but as is its not worth the risk.

Ive tried shrouding down, and that yields good results for even con mobs. Then, however, all I seem to be doing is working shroud progression not getting any exp that I can tell.

Thanks for the post one way or another!