skillup rates

Wizman61

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Just been trying to raise my casting levels since I started playing again. It took me over an hour to raise 9 points on my conjuration skill on my Pally. Using the Skillz mac to boot. Has anyone else noticed how drastically they have throttled back on this? This sux, worse than I remember it being way back before GoD even further. :eek:

Boy if that's true the change came with VoA. I did some skill-upping recently with some toons and nowhere took that much time.

It was going so slow that I timed it for a while, it took over 40 minutes for 4 points and after an hour I got 9. This was for conjuration on my pally.

I had noticed it, but prior to voa launch. Took about two 8 hour nights afk on each casting skill to get them maxed or near max. Granted I used the lowest spells possible but also the fastest casting/recast I could find. This was a couple months ago. Though, I do remember running the same casting mac/spells and maxing them in just a few hours a year back or more. So whether or not anything got changed, /shrug, but it does SEEM slower.

swimming is another one that seems to have been drastically slowed down. I was swimming with my head against the wall in the fishing pond in roughly 2 1/2 hrs I only got an increase from 131 to 202.

swimming is another one that seems to have been drastically slowed down. I was swimming with my head against the wall in the fishing pond in roughly 2 1/2 hrs I only got an increase from 131 to 202.

That doesn't sound out of line to me. That's 71 skillups in 150 mins, roughly 1 skillup every 2 minutes on average.

Last time I checked INT was relevant to skillup pace, right? Maybe your toon is really stupid?? :rolleyes:

That doesn't sound out of line to me. That's 71 skillups in 150 mins, roughly 1 skillup every 2 minutes on average.

Last time I checked INT was relevant to skillup pace, right? Maybe your toon is really stupid?? :rolleyes:

hahahahaha.....now thats funny! I never thought/knew about a correlation with INT and skillups......will check lol :D