Stupid Guild Hall Tricks (Not cheats, maybe slight exploits)

Marnan

Lifetimer
Reaction score
For what it's worth,

Get the Primary and/or Secondary Anchor Package using loyalty points or Station Cash. It's a nice quick way to port back to guild hall. If you're a castro, like necro, you can bind where you fight and port back once every hour and eight minutes to guild hall. If you're melee, it's one more port in your bag of tricks and you can always ranger gate back to where you're fighting.

I group with three real people. We all box and macro and MQ. We set up a modest guild hall using toons along the line of Alphaone, alphatwo, alphathree to get our guild plot (you need ten toons and most of us are in various raid and family guilds that we didn't want to leave). We dropped our primary anchors in this guild hall and gave all of our toons visiting access.

The wizards also dropped the teleport to guild hall anchor in the guild. Now when we group, we can all port back into the guild hall. We have a baggage toon set up to dump all our crap on and then later someone transfers the stuff into the guild bank (if you're not actually in the guild, I think guild bank and guild tribute are about the only services you can't access).

Your mages can of course store pet gear in the guild for people to use. Although, a mage can also send pet gear to someone via parcel (to send temporary gear via parcels, set the mage up as a trader in Bazaar and price it at a silver piece or whatever, then "buy" it. Just pick up the parcel when you need the gear. I've got quite a few backed up parcels (and one reason I like the new guild halls is that you can put a parcel person in it).

Okay, you all know this, but you can buy a shabby door to port directly to GL instead of into the neighborhood. Took me awhile to figure that out.

You can put more than one Qela version combat dummy in your guild hall. I've got two. When you're testing parses, you sometimes get buffs on the combat dummy and it's nice to just roll over to the second one. Most won't need the lower level dummies. Oh and if you pop a dummy into storage, any buffs are gone when you pull him right back out.

You know those necro healing orbs? I never used to use them, because even if you can make them on low level grey crap, it's a pain and I don't like to lower my dps when I'm actually fighting or even mem the spell. But you can fire off twenty shots at the combat dummy and load up on orbs. I need to find a macro that does this for me. Oh and you can skill up if you're a caster on combat dummies (no news there), but not melee afaik.

If you're a necro, you may sometimes find yourself low health if you go afk. Just hit a combat dummy with a long duration life tap. The tap on the dummy will fade, but the healing buff on you will stay. You could just click off forsaken or bloom, but wth.

I figure 95% of you already know this stuff, but maybe it'll help someone out. Oh yeah, and I like the stupid little punting gnome you can buy for loyalty points. Step outside your guild hall and try to kick him and he boots you all the way to the market place. Oh and don't get the bigger guild halls unless you like the decorating aspect. Too damn big, modest guild hall puts everything you use close together.

Oh and if both participants port in to the guild hall via primary anchors or wizard guild hall teleport, they can duel each other in that nice big Palatial Guild Hall. But if you zone in regular or get rezzed after your duel, it goes back to normal and you can't duel ... odd little bug.

Peace,

Marnan

Last edited: