shaman druid

eminem121416

Reaction score
Whats this about shamans and druids being able to solo raid events in ntov and rof ? anyone tryed it:p

ntov maybe but not part of rof expansion :p

Our shaman managed to keep an event from resetting by staying DA for a good 15 minutes while we rezzed/rebuffed the other night. Maybe combine this with a massive DS that out damages the mobs regen? I don't know how you'd keep it up long enough to kill anything, it would take forever.

staying DA for a good 15 minutes

thats one stroke of amazing luck, dont think anyone PLANS on some sort of da proccing for any length of time

staying DA for a good 15 minutes

thats one stroke of amazing luck, dont think anyone PLANS on some sort of da proccing for any length of time

Yeah, those chain DA procs were pretty epic. Not sure if there's a way to guarantee them, but they seemed almost guaranteed with the luck we were having. I bought the second rank of AA preincarnation just because of that!

I have wiped boxing evantil group mission #2 before but shaman was DA for entire time for me to run toons back and buff/med up and re-engage lol.

I did this twice, the second wipe I gave up... but DA was still proccing :p

I have no idea how this would constitute or aid a druid or shaman being able to solo a raid event... since all they do it stand around :p

I've had my cleric proc her DA for long time periods as well. I could be wrong, but I believe a mob is NOT hit by DS if the DS'd toon is DA's. Am I wrong in that? Never tried to check/test it.

You can get it over 100% chance to proc da on death click off da and cast a dot over and over is what I hear anyway

I think it has a proc recast or something. Usually if I actaully want my cleric to die I have to click off DA then whatever was killing her actually kills her. Otherwise it seems DA chains over and over.

As far I have tested DS and Procs don't work when DA.

But one version of Preincarnation aa is DA(60). I am not sure which version is which.
Which stacks with Spell rk 3 is DA(33) and Tribute DA(10) versions.
I think those numbers are right anyway.

So if you have all 3 up it is 103% chance of firing.

You still have to get lucky because it will pretty much only fire at 0% or less hp and big mobs tend to kill you too fast for it to engage.

If you try to click it off to cast something else see above.
There is still no guarantee it will fire if the mob hits hard enough.
If the kill shot goes beyond your delay death hp it will still kill you and not fire a da.

It is a heck of a lot of fun sometimes and it has some uses if you can make it work like offtanking, but you have no way to control agro since your da.
The best you can do for agro is to set a malo trap before you plan on being da.

I imagine you could offtank a heck of a lot of adds on a raid if folks were careful enough with their aggro.

It also makes for fun training an entire zone around....

The nicest thing for me is usually it is never a total wipe. I can run the Shaman to the zone or camp out while da is up.

It is a lot of fun but no more powerful than the Bard da song really.

Last edited:
Live and learn. Always amazes me when I pick up new info like this. So you're sure PreIncarnation Rank III spell stacks with the AA version? In that case I need to get that spell. Which means completing the task list required to buy it from Alissa Saint Claire in Dragonscale Hills. Looks like 7 solo tasks and 5 group tasks. I already have max ally faction.

Since this amounts a lot of killing no-XP grey mobs I want to confirm those two buffs stack. Throw in the Tribute DA and a 103% chance to proc invulnerability is not at all bad thing to have.

BTW, I'm thinking that toon's name is a developer's come-on to some RL female. I googled it to get more info on the quest and it's not at all a rare name for real women. LOL

OH, offhand anyone know if you need special currency to buy it? Allak lists the spell as zero plat. Is it free or is there some currency from that xpac needed? I haven't done anything with that xpac in a long time...

Last edited:
it was posted on sony forum with screen shots of ntov dragon dieing but they removed the post ;p

Which means completing the task list

rk 2 is tradeable just ask someone who can buy it, get it for you

Live and learn. Always amazes me when I pick up new info like this. So you're sure PreIncarnation Rank III spell stacks with the AA version? In that case I need to get that spell. Which means completing the task list required to buy it from Alissa Saint Claire in Dragonscale Hills. Looks like 7 solo tasks and 5 group tasks. I already have max ally faction.

Since this amounts a lot of killing no-XP grey mobs I want to confirm those two buffs stack. Throw in the Tribute DA and a 103% chance to proc invulnerability is not at all bad thing to have.

BTW, I'm thinking that toon's name is a developer's come-on to some RL female. I googled it to get more info on the quest and it's not at all a rare name for real women. LOL

OH, offhand anyone know if you need special currency to buy it? Allak lists the spell as zero plat. Is it free or is there some currency from that xpac needed? I haven't done anything with that xpac in a long time...

Its a reward when you are done all the quest in the series and it is given as a free reward for doing all 5 missions and single task.

Just because one of them is 60% it doesn't mean that is the one being used.
The innate aa is called Covenant of Spirit.
I cant confirm what percentage it is to fire.
The only thing I had to go by was this was the last Preincarnation spell added to Lucy which is 60% chance to fire if I read it right.
It sure fires a lot on its own that much I can tell you from experience without the others up.

The tribute is Second Chance I remember it being 10% but I have no documentation. it could only be 1-2%
I believe it was the same as Preincarnation Incarnation though.

The spell ranks are much easier to see if I am actually reading it right.
Divine Save (XX) should be the percentage. So 25, 29, 33.

The aa buff icon is 25 as near as I can figure.

But the spell version or the aa buff icon version should stack, along with the stacking of the tribute version. Can not confirm it though.

This all just theory though I little if any proof to back any of it up.

Lastly like I said it is still possible to die if the kill shot just outright kills you.
I have had the da up for 45 minutes once but I still did eventually die.

If somebody has better info please let me know.

Okay, I invested couple hours doing all the tasks and acquired Preincarnation Rank III. It is NOT free from completing any missions, at least not the version I acquired. I got it for 8995pp from Alissa Saint Claire.

It does NOT stack with the AA Preincarnation spell buff.

Yes, the innate AA Covenant of the Spirit must stack since it's innate, i.e. "passive", it does not have to be triggered.

I haven't tested the tribute yet but I see no reason that wouldn't stack.

It was a fun diversion from grinding to do all these old tasks/quests. And always a good idea to get any Rank III of a spell still being used.