Scared Straight?

Crippie

warp?!! hell no ..was lag
Reaction score
How many of you (realistically) will go straight after this? I know I can't play without at LEAST melee, maps and move. So I'm thinking I may as well not resubscribe after the end of this month to save my poor toons the sheer agony of ending their days in limbo (banishment).

Neeeewp! Im gonna keep going till all my shit gets banned. EQ sux ass without MQ2 and I refuse to do it.

i won't play without melee. there was a time when i would crush buttons for hours but i'm too old for that shit now. if that was my game, i'd play wow.

I don't know If i'm willing to actually lose my accounts. Rather not play at all til this problem is fingered out.

i won't play without melee. there was a time when i would crush buttons for hours but i'm too old for that shit now. if that was my game, i'd play wow.

Yea but now WoW basically tells you when and what button to push, so you can train a 6 month old to do it with visual recognition and you have it auto mated again.

If the only thing you can't stomach losing is the ability to automate repetitively hitting a key then get yourself a Thumper. It's a black box (literally lol) with a button which connects via USB and you can configure to repeatedly hit one key at whatever pace you set.

Only problem is the company that made it seems to have gone out of business! So here's an opportunity for an entrepreneur amongst us to revive this excellent device to cope with the new EQ reality!

If the only thing you can't stomach losing is the ability to automate repetitively hitting a key then get yourself a Thumper. It's a black box (literally lol) with a button which connects via USB and you can configure to repeatedly hit one key at whatever pace you set.

Only problem is the company that made it seems to have gone out of business! So here's an opportunity for an entrepreneur amongst us to revive this excellent device to cope with the new EQ reality!
If automation is the objective, get a G15 or 19 keyboard, or a Gamepad. Both are considered 'legal' means of automation so long as you're at the screen. With 36 (I think) programmable keys you can have the G15/19 do just about everything for you without ever loading a 3rd party program.

Thumper is a bit different, I think. It sends the "thump" (the repetitive keystroke) at a fixed pace regardless of what you're doing with the keyboard or mouse. It's ideal to hit a hot key which, say for a warrior, you set up to taunt, kick, bash or hit whatever discs you want. Obviously it's far more limited than MQ2Melee's options.

But it's big selling point, to my mind, is utterly impossible to detect, even tho it technically violates the EULA, since it allows for afk game play. I've use the thumper to chain cast spells all night long for skillups, for example.

Software solutions to that problem are much easier. Automation of many games is possible without hacking. Sure it's not as robust as our solution here with MacroQuest, but it certainly makes things easier. Simple concept, perform pattern matching on log files for each toon, and when particular patterns are found, perform the associated action / actions (Stuff you can use a keypress for).

Last edited:
Sure. And provides lots of free time to think about the differences between hardware and software solutions which serving their suspensions. ;)

i have a g15 but only got it for the prety lights im a newb when it comes to computers and programing stuff can anyone explaib how to program keys so i dont have to bash taunt all the time instead use one

[Back on Topic]

Haha, no I'll never play EQ "straight" ever again after MQ2. I'll only use moveutilities, MQ2Target, MQ2map, and EQBCS for multiboxing. They can get FUCKED if they think my 9 accounts will remain active if even one of them gets the permanent boot ;)!

The following utilities I will NEVER use again:
/gate
/zone

The following utilities i'm still not convinced are the culprits for this wave:
/fartaunt
/warp s
/warp t
(seriously, my 9box would have died over 100times so far without /warp s, KEEP IT ACTIVE!)

/gate
/zone

/fartaunt
/warp s
/warp t

Same here - my exact line of thinking, at this time.

Gate/Zone

I had 2 of my 3 accounts suspended and I have to agree with the "zone/gate" commands...The 2 that were suspended regularly/actively use those commands as quick "escape" routes, the 3rd can Fd/Levant etc so dont really use those commands on it...Makes perfect sense that they can track toons, that normally wouldnt have those abilities, easily by following the logs.

[Back on Topic]

Haha, no I'll never play EQ "straight" ever again after MQ2. I'll only use moveutilities, MQ2Target, MQ2map, and EQBCS for multiboxing. They can get FUCKED if they think my 9 accounts will remain active if even one of them gets the permanent boot ;)!

/gate
/zone

/fartaunt
/warp s
/warp t
(seriously, my 9box would have died over 100times so far without /warp s, KEEP IT ACTIVE!)

Out of my 9 accounts, the only thing I did different on the one that was banned was use /gate. I'm convinced /gate, and /gate related hacks (/zone, etc.) are the culprit they went after.