Sanguimanus the Redfag - Demiplane of Blood

Pepper

Just Some Noob
Reaction score
First off your guild needs to have a wealthy amount of druids for this fight. 3 or more prefered. (WOW! Odd seeing a druid actually being useful huh?!)

To start you clear all the bats in the spire and he spawns in the first window on the stairs up. We place him to the far right hand side of the room and pin him along that wall.

Pallys make great ramp tank with DA hammer.

RF has a frontal only silence/dot. Thus the pin to the wall and nothing but the tank in front of him.

Now a make or break part of the raid. Redfang is on a 5 min up/down cycle. for 4 mins he will stay active this is when you tank/kill him. Then for 1 min he despawns and you get a bunch of blue con bat adds. Key here is to have enchanters viral mez, while druids are casting AE roots. The bats fall over dead instantly if they are rooted and take dmg. So druids rooting + others helping kill is the key to win on this part.

5 min cycle is now up, time for Redfang to spawn again. He has 3 spawn locations. 1) just outside of the spire where the black gargoyals are before you kill them 2) in the window he first spawned at. 3) in the window at the very top of the spire. Very important for ramp tank to get agro quickly (or monk whoever is pulling from the top if he spawns at the top) You have 1 min to engage him at this point if you dont the event resets.

Last but not least dealing with the 4 Blooddrinkers that spawn.
They are not killable so dont bother trying. If you do kill them they instant respawn.

What we do is have 4 knights + 2 clerics in a group off to the side near the staircase. Each knight stands directly under redfang to grab them instantly when they spawn. From there we run them up the ramp a little bit and take advantage of pathing there to kite them with. The bats have a really hard time geting up the ramp as they tend to path into it rather than on the ramp. Eventually they make it and when they do let them get close to you then jump off the ramp and start running back up it again to a safe spot. make sure dont go to far up or you will 20k and die when you jump hehe. Once you get that sweetspot found the bats will rarely ever hit you, allowing your clerics to DI/vie tank on RF and do rezes if need be for the most part.

This is how we do it. Some people prefer to tank the blooddrinkers rather than kite (silly imo as wasted healers but whatever floats their boats). This works rather well when people get it down.

Post what you know!

Attachments

• mob-redfang.jpg
    mob-redfang.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
is this strat still right sense the revamp of the event......?? any updates would be nice i know they fixed it now to where the bats are actually OTed but some guilds still kite......whats the best wayt to kite them....have the rest of it down........any help please

We still do this exact strat. The only difference though since the rework of the pathing is how the CC group is made up. We no longer use 4 knights 2 clerics.

We instead make it 2 groups. like 2 knights 2 healers each group to make it a bit easier on healing. Your kiters are without a doubt going to take a ton more dmg than before, its unavoidable.

I still kite them going up the spire and then jumping off and going back up.

Something I found out the other night doing this is that blind works on the bats. So if i get some space made between me and the bat I cast flash of light on the mob (or whatever means of bind you have). This buys a little time. Also if your very lucky the mob will path under the world and get stuck while its blind and not make it back up to you. Its something like 3000 feet from you. This happen couple nights ago. I just stood there while it tried to agro everyone but couldnt get back to the raid. Make sure you have the orcs on the ramps cleared out before triggering redfang as well.

Don't clerics get an AE blind? sunbeam i thin?

probably but having your clerics focus on blinding bats is not idea at all. They are gonna be to busy healing.

Pallys can blind their own mob with flash of light and sk's can with a bio orb. So the kiters take care of it themselves fairly easy.

blinding got us like 4 adds from outside...not a great idea...Anybody else know a way to deal with the blooddrinkers? also where do the little bats spawn (voracious) ...they hit like 3k and are fuckin monsters...they molested our raid...

Also anybody tell me where they position redfang? i can't decide...i'm afraid the KB is going to fuck us up..Any detailed walkthrough on this event will be much appreciated we seem to be having trouble

My guild never changed their strat after the changes they made because we always did it the way it was intended. 4 knights and 2 clerics in 1 group. THrough stuns and fears and whatever else the knights normally used for aggro they continued to do. once we established aggro they were kited in a circle around the ground level. RF was tanked on the ramp near the first window in a nitch.

the smaller bats spawn wherever a PC stands.... usually seeing as it is timed with 15-30s before spawn the raid (minus kiters) would get in a big pile at 15s or so the ENC would virus mez a batling and then the Druids would AE Root the bats and instantly kill them.

The Blooddrinkers never hit me for more then hell 800 or so maybe 1200 tops and it was easy holding aggro and the like. If you tank RF in a different location it might be a bit harder but otherwise we didn't have to change anything.

On ground level when you ktied them, did you have your snare off from blockers? Some of our pallies don't have them yet, mostly SK's clerics and MT's/pullers.

to make it easier they will need at least the first 3 but once you have all 4 you rarely get hit. And I would hope they have at least Run 5

How do you get adds from outside the spiral by blinding? I mean i understand how its done but that requires you to not kill mobs before you get to redfang or not kill repops when you wipe 100 times tring the event and then you get them?

We have used blind trick for about 2 months now with 0 issues with it. Except the first night when like i said we had repop and didnt clear t hem first. That was a mess.

Generally they get blind and run out of bounds and you have up to 5 mins to just stand there waiting for your mob to come back into the world. Makes the event trivial as can be. You still have to be running up the spiral and jumping down while they are blinded till they run out of bounds. At which point you go stand by your raid and wait for them to return.

yea we tried. they dont seem to go under the world for us...they path away for maybe 10 secs..blind wears then they come back up to us...We've decided to rule out blinding and just offtank them with clerics casting CH on the OT's and pallies assist healing as well.

Don't OT the bats.... it is a waste of resources. your knights should be kiting them with 2 clrs healing the 4 of them. If they can't handle it get better knights... holding aggro is easy. stun stun stun stun stun stun stun stun stun stun stun stun..... SK's it is probable like dreadgaze, fear, fear, or whatever the hell they use for aggro

We managed to start kiting them yesterday with Run5. Damage was decreased greatly so we got that part ok.

What we're having trouble with is the bats. Everybody gathers up, we viral mez, ae mez, bards viral...and then AE root and people still get whacked. Either mez is resisted or root breaks..Either way people are dying a shitload. Any other way to go around this? I suggested DAing 5 secs before depop, however people are being too dumb to manage it.

Nope that is they way to do it. no one should be attacking the bats other then AE rooters to be safe. Also gotta make sure everyone is in a very close
"Gay like pile" that way you concentrate the bats. People will die... shit happens. Closest you can get to avoiding the wrong people from diein and what not is at like 5s or 10 or 15 however long you feel it will take your guild to listen stop attacking redfang... when the bats spawn they tend to leave those people alone. What I mean by this is I was a window watcher at 1 point and then did kiting. If I was attacking through the point RF despawned Bats would attack me. But, if I stopped attacking shortly before RF despawned bats would leave me alone.

people really have to avoid attacking the bats though because unless rooted they have too many HP to be worth the effort and more die that shouldn't have.

As far as now that you have Run 5.... sorry given the level of game play I was considering that a given glad you have that worked out now. Also as a side note.... Paladins that have Perfection if timed correctly for like 5 or so minutes can have NO AE on them and be at full movement.... seems worthless but ever bit helps in the end while you try to defeat him for the first time.

Also if they can hack it Monks and Brds?! with Run 8 if they can hold the aggro have them kite instead. But ONLY if they can truely hold aggro or kiss your healers goodbye!

We managed to pull a greenling before end, viral em and get em all mezzed..AE'd em with 0 deaths...eventually the next time bats hit some people..low hp aggro..blooddrinkers ran from me..etc. i worked out a kiting path to make it minimal damage. We just need to work on DPSing more and conserving mana.

just practice the bat part of RF before you genageg RF.. timer starts from as soon as he pops. so take a night out of raiding to practice the bat gathering and pulling him and the kiting.. once you have these down, it doesnt matter how many pulls it take, as the rest is easy :)

Different Weapons doing more damgae than others?

" Redfang takes extra damage from bows and blunt weapons, regular mitigation against piercing and 15% mitigation (bad thing) against slashing. "

Can anyone either confirm or deny this?

confirmed. 10% less to slashing, 15% more from blunt...Dont take away a ranger 2.0 in trade for a 1hb from time but, you get what i mean. it makes a difference

a lot of mobs in DPoB have a bane.

Thuli - pierce
Hatchet - slash
Redfag - blunt
Maggotmiser - slash
Mayong - Reduced damage from all types of weapon except special attacks (backstab etc)

etc.. those are the ones i can remember off the top of my head

Druid007 said:
a lot of mobs in DPoB have a bane.

Thuli - pierce
Hatchet - slash
Redfag - blunt
Maggotmiser - slash
Mayong - Reduced damage from all types of weapon except special attacks (backstab etc)

etc.. those are the ones i can remember off the top of my head

You are wrong about special attack not getting mitigated by Mayong as Paladin's Vanquish Undead is lower then it should be and increases as enough clicks are used to increase his vunerability.