Revamped Corruption of Shadows (No Danger of Death)

Alright someone enlighten me on how to add a check for task updates. Something that will call and make sure every location was gotten before zoning back into Valdeholm.

Seems to be random, but have had times where it won't get all of the updates, zones and tries to get a new task. This turns into a nasty loop of "I can help".

Looking to learn how to do this. Tried looking at some other macros that implemented this, but haven't found out how it works yet.

I ran into that problem if I had two or more toons running this at the same time.

A guild member of mine spotted someone spamming the phrase over and over yesterday to a NPC with other people popping in and out doing the same task, he reported it to a GM =/. Personally I'd lay off this macro as it will most likely turn into Seru 2.0 as in bans.

After my daughter goes to bed tonight, I will put in a pc check with radius and a check for if you have the task already it wont spam and move on.

Anyone know the command offhand real fast?

/if ${Me.HasTask} /return

?????

What was seru 2.0?

I missed a lot apparantly in my 2 year break.

was a afk exp thing that lots of people got banned for it was before my time but i heard of it lol

Been running it alot; However Im at the keyboard at all times when I do.

But! Running into a small problem (may just be me..)

After running it for about 2 hrs or so, the EQ Client always crashed. Says MQ2 blocked info to send to Sony.

Anyone else encountering it?

Been running it alot; However Im at the keyboard at all times when I do.

But! Running into a small problem (may just be me..)

After running it for about 2 hrs or so, the EQ Client always crashed. Says MQ2 blocked info to send to Sony.

Anyone else encountering it?

Nope, and I run it while atthe keyboard too. When I got my group doing other things, one toon Im not using I run on this mission.

Hrm thats interesting.

I ran it for 2 hrs 28 minutes earlier before I crashed.. Great exp! But I hate having to worry about the eq client crashing.

BUMP.

Revamped it alot more. Read first post for details. It now has an include file.

Still need to get a sub for checking for task updates and a check for if you have a task.

It will now pause the macro if ANY PC is in the zone.

what zone do i need to be in to start macro?

Nice work Nijhal. Forgot to put back in the "/reward 1" however. :p

Code:
|============================================
|FrostCrypt
|============================================

Sub FrostCrypt
  /call GMCheck
  /call SafetyCheck
  /call PCCheck2
  /warp loc 1894 -265 -263
  /delay 3s
  /call GMCheck
  /call SafetyCheck
  /call PCCheck2
  /warp loc 1472 -327 -148
  /delay 3s
  /call GMCheck
  /call SafetyCheck
  /call PCCheck2
  /warp loc 601 295 -147.36
  /delay 3s
  /call GMCheck
  /call SafetyCheck
  /call PCCheck2
  /warp loc 1914 350 -265
  /delay 3s
  [COLOR="Red"]/reward 1
  /delay 3s[/COLOR]
  /call GMCheck
  /call SafetyCheck
  /call PCCheck2
  /squelch /zone valdeholm fenegar
  /delay 10s
/return

I think Ive done something wrong. This is the 1st macro I've tried besides spell trainer. Anyways, I start the mac in Vald with Fenegar targeted but I get the "Alert list 1 cleared" then "Suboutine GMCheck wasn't found". After this the macro ends automaticly. Did I miss something when trying to copy it?

Thanks guys,

BB

Sounds to me like you don't have the Safetycheck.inc in your Macros folder. Make sure you are saving this correctly. Otherwise you'll get a plain .txt when it needs to be .inc instead. If you're doing everything stated in Nijhal's first post there isn't a reason why you should be having problems.

Let me know if you have the safetycheck.inc in there correctly though.

Can get the macro to work but it's not recognizing the task being had anymore and jams at the fenegar part, and then also doesn't recognize when the tasks over and stays in frostcrypt.

it's not recognizing the task being had anymore and jams at the fenegar part...

Need a little more clarification. Is it actually getting the quest and then stopping? Or is it not even getting the quest, but warping to Fenegar and just hanging out?

Something else to consider is the PC check he added checks the WHOLE zone for any PC. If there is a single PC outside of you in the zone that is not on your ignore list it will hold the mac until the zone is empty. You can get around this by changing the radius check from 10000 to something else more suitable to you.

...and then also doesn't recognize when the tasks over and stays in frostcrypt.

Read my above post about the missing reward accept in the code. Simple correction. Nijhal was probably up late revamping all of this.