Returning Player - General Question Follow Behavior / Obvious Boxing

eqitchy

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Hi all,
Thinking of coming back to live server maybe FV and wanted to 6 box. I've been playing on EMU servers where boxing is allowed, boxed 42 and quite the crackup to see 41 toon train in tow behind you.

My main question is 6 man team with your alts on follow. That was always an obvious sign of a boxer and while I am not an active hack kind of guy I would rather just be left alone to do my thing and play / have fun. Should not be an issue right provided I'm not afking, warping and the other stuff?

Any other suggestions to stay low key? Any other advice for returning player?

Reactions: EQDAB
Don't be an ass and draw attention to yourself. Based on some of the threads on the EQ board daybreak has not been enforcing much of anything on live servers.

yeah, that's what I have been seeing and reading. Never been an ass and have been boxing forever. Just wanted to box a full 6 man crew and it seems so obvious it makes me cringe lol.

• Haha
So to avoid this "look" you're talking about, what I usually do is move a single character to a location I'm trying to get to (as long as I can get there safely with IVU/Invis) and use /nav target on my other toons with a bit of delay in between...if I'm in a zone with /nav is dodgy, I'll just run a mage there and COTH the group. Aside from 6 toons following one another perfectly, the other big tell I see a lot are a task/quest givers. 6 toons all saying the zone in phrase at the exact same time is a pretty dead giveaway. Otherwise, utilize PCcheck stuff to stop/pause if a another PC is near/in the same zone if you're doing something AFK. A dead toon is better than a banned one.

Thanks, I was using mage like that before. Ill stick with that route, seems best and add a porter maybe. Wont be best dps but good mobility.