Request for Plugin to manage sound

Possum

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I would like to request a plugin to manage sound for an instance. The problem is that the sound settings are global to all instances. When I multibox (on the same machine, using different windows - I have multiple monitors), the sound is a PITA). Mind you, I can use Skype while playing, so muting the entire box with a mute switch doesn't help.

/mute - toggles sound for this instance. Not persisted.
/muteall - toggles sound for ALL instances (useful for when the phone rings). Not persisted
/automute - turns off sound for this instance when the instance's window is minimized. Persisted.
/setsoundlevel {x%} to set the sound level for this instance to a specific percent of maximum. Persisted.

Possibly something to control audio triggers on/off independently from sound.

If you use WinEQ or IS you can manage your sound via ini along with many other instanced options

Doesn't each instance have its own options menu? Im sure ive loaded toons with sound active and some with not before...

Doesn't each instance have its own options menu? Im sure ive loaded toons with sound active and some with not before...

Yes, each instance has options, but they are not persisted. The last instance to shut down (I think) overwrites the options for the next instance to load. There is no way to have persistent settings for each instance (character? Session?).

My problem is that I run 3 toons on multiple monitors, same mache. I only want to "hear" from 1 toon. I want to be able to mute all or none when the phone rings or I want to take a break (but voice tells should still come through) or if I want to watch something in YouTune (so I cannot just hit my hardware mute button to mute the machine).

I have a pet that makes a TON of noice...

Could run the sessions from different installs.