? regarding Closed vs. Banned Acct.

Tapout

Before You Blackout
Reaction score
What message do you get when an account is banned or suspended? I have a 2nd account that gives me the message that it's closed when I try to log in to it. Haven't played on it for a few weeks so no idea when something might have happened but it doesn't say banned or suspened. Just closed. Am I screwed or is it possible to get this account back?

Tapout

Would agree with what IssyBella. But before I paid for the account I would log into the web page and check the status.

I'll try that and see what's up. If that's not it I'll let ya know and see what else might be up.

Tapout

Accounts

I spoke to a GM about this (About Banned Accounts) - unless you did not pay for your account then it will say closed.

1. They can just ban the account in which you get the message about contacting customer service etc.. etc...

2. or..They can ban the account and close what is called the front end of the account - the account still is there, but the customer cannot see that it is there. (Think they are doing this to get less phone calls about accounts).

Hope this helps

Stoneface

I have 3 accounts that are closed. They technically are banned but all they say when trying to start them up is closed please re subscribe. They removed them from the website you can not log into the accounts at all to activate them. Its kinda hard to explain but its really fucked how they did it.

Sony has gone past the point where they care apparently. Far gone.

If you are attempting to log into the game and your subscription has run out you'll get a message something to the effect of "You need a valid subscriotion" and it will open the subscription renewal window

If you're trying to log into EQPlayers and are getting an error like "There is a problem with your login" your acct is more than likely gone. Even banned or suspended accts can still be accessed via EQPlayers for a few months.

If you're looking at the EQPlayers site "My Account" (and you can actually log into the Acct Info pages) and it says "Closed" then the subscription needs renewing

If you get a "Closed" message, or other "Fuck Off and Die You Can't Play Here" message when trying to log in you probably have some other issues 'sides just a lapsed subscription

Basically, if all it is is you owe them money they make it very evident and easy to give it to them.

It could just mean that the subscription has totally run out. Because if you cancel an account and let the days totally run out. Go to acocunt management it will say Account Status = CLOSED.

Looks like I got hit with the ban stick. The guy I got on the phone said it was a gk ban. They are instructed to not escalate anything like it cause the account is "Gone". The account is no more. That's what I was told. Kinda odd since I haven't gk'd on it in a long time but oh well. Funny thing is my main acct is my sk which I used to pl the toons on the alt account and it's still active. Maybe I got reported or something. All I know is my alt account is gone. Not bad though. Only took them 6 years to get me and it wasn't even my main account. I guess I should count myself lucky that it wasn't my main. I did pretty good dodging the ban stick though. :D

Tapout

Either that or they just havent looked at your mains logs yet~ :D

Looks like I got hit with the ban stick. The guy I got on the phone said it was a gk ban. They are instructed to not escalate anything like it cause the account is "Gone". The account is no more. That's what I was told. Kinda odd since I haven't gk'd on it in a long time but oh well. Funny thing is my main acct is my sk which I used to pl the toons on the alt account and it's still active. Maybe I got reported or something. All I know is my alt account is gone. Not bad though. Only took them 6 years to get me and it wasn't even my main account. I guess I should count myself lucky that it wasn't my main. I did pretty good dodging the ban stick though. :D

Tapout

Its funny how they can remove an account and make it disappear. The CIA is invading SOE!

Either that or they just havent looked at your mains logs yet~ :D

I've been thinking about that. Wondering when the hammer is gonna drop on him too.

Tapout