Random crashes

I am also crashing on my main box but never my laptop... I have tried with / with out MQ2 and that does not matter so its deff a sony issue ... why is everyone supposed? they did a patch w/in the last 2 weeks and crashes used to be the norm... What is boggling to me is that its only happening on one of my boxes the differences are I only run one toon on my laptop most of the time maybe 2 from time to time... desktop I run 4-5 toons
For trending reasons here are some of the variables

Desktop- AMD 4800 running 4 giggs of ram
dual ATI cards Primary slot HD2400 ATI Secondary slot ATI 1900Xt
XP 64 bit ( I see a trend in this thread about 64 bit systems)

Laptop Alienware 9700 2 gigo ram
AMD Turion 64 mobile
xp pro sp3

Both running MQ2 as well as WinEQ2

Update:
With my new motherboard, everything is running flawlessly for 9 hours. With or without MQ. I'm not sure what would cause these issues on an older motherboard but it's looking like that was the cause of my EQlive crashes in general among other issues I was having with my set up..

The bios on the old board was way out of date also, but when I used AsusUpdater (An In-windows program made by Asus to update your bios) it crashed mid flash and would not recover. I even tried applying the old bios I saved before I tried to update, and it would still crash. And once I turned off my pc, that mobo was toast.

Learn from my mistake, never use AsusUpdater! As for the rest of you guys...GL, I didn't even bother with a clean install on my 32bit HD or 64bit HD, just applied my new drivers and uninstalled my old ones so this shouldn't of even been a hardware issues other than the motherboard itself.

Edit: For information reasons, my old mobo was an Asus m2n-e SLI board.

new: MSI MCp6 FV2

Rest of my setup:
AMD Anthlon 64bit x2 dual core processor 6000+ 3.01GHZ
8 gigs of DDR 800 ram
Nivida Geforce 8500 GT

SP1 on my 64bit copy of windows, SP2 on my 32bit copy of windows

That shouldnt be my issue , at least i hope not , my motherboard is an ASUS P5Q PRO , and only about 4 months old o_O

That shouldnt be my issue , at least i hope not , my motherboard is an ASUS P5Q PRO , and only about 4 months old o_O

It might be a problem with Asus boards in general, maybe if the other guys that are having these issues speak up we could weed out some possibilities and give sony an idea of what needs fixed.

i unloaded mq2linkdb and mq2linkd so far no crashes with them loaded

Out of interest, if you don't mind to try deleting your database (MQ2LinkDb.txt and/or MQ2LinkDb2.txt), and then reimporting items.txt, and see if you still have any issue?

htw

Out of interest, if you don't mind to try deleting your database (MQ2LinkDb.txt and/or MQ2LinkDb2.txt), and then reimporting items.txt, and see if you still have any issue?

htw

htw

yes and crash within 10 min when im looten items

I, also, have had random crashes, tho they seem to happen mostly after (but not during) zoning. I *always* have 2 instances running on the same (XP) desktop, and it *always* crashes on the first instance loaded, never the second.

This used to happen (starting in October or thereabouts) several times a night. now it only happens once and this is why... I get the message that MQ is blocking the crash report, but I never press the ok button. I play on two monitors, I just move the crash dialog to the other monitor and the instance continues to run just fine, with one exception... The voice chat channels are gone completely.

I can't play EQ without MQ, so I have no idea if this also occurs without MQ loaded.

I am not reporting this as a problem because I run, more or less, just fine - I can prevent the actual crash by ignoring the dialog box - Just wanted to pass along a little info about my experience with it.

I am running XP, 2GB RAM, 3.2 GHz. 2 Monitors, WinEQ, bare bones plugins, custom UI that I customized myself, mostly for larger font faces (nothing fancy).

All drivers up to date, all compiles latest. This has been ongoing for months.

I, also, have had random crashes, tho they seem to happen mostly after (but not during) zoning. I *always* have 2 instances running on the same (XP) desktop, and it *always* crashes on the first instance loaded, never the second.

This used to happen (starting in October or thereabouts) several times a night. now it only happens once and this is why... I get the message that MQ is blocking the crash report, but I never press the ok button. I play on two monitors, I just move the crash dialog to the other monitor and the instance continues to run just fine, with one exception... The voice chat channels are gone completely.

I can't play EQ without MQ, so I have no idea if this also occurs without MQ loaded.

I am not reporting this as a problem because I run, more or less, just fine - I can prevent the actual crash by ignoring the dialog box - Just wanted to pass along a little info about my experience with it.

I am running XP, 2GB RAM, 3.2 GHz. 2 Monitors, WinEQ, bare bones plugins, custom UI that I customized myself, mostly for larger font faces (nothing fancy).

All drivers up to date, all compiles latest. This has been ongoing for months.

The changes to EQ over the past few months, UI, sound (voice), etc., have really started to cause people issues, esp. if using multiple instances on the same PC.

While that popup is from MQ2, it is catching the function that EQ uses to pop up a window asking if you want to send crash information back to SOE. So the function itself is being called by EQ, not MQ2.

One thing you could do to try to minimize issues, is use different INI files when you launch EQ, per session (wineq2 & innerspace both can set this up for you automatically), that way you can have 1 session with voice chat on, the others with it off, or other options like that (sound on/off, video options such as details, etc.).

Another thing you could try, is running EQ in different directories per session, so that any file access (UI, logs, etc.) would be independent of any other session, and they wouldn't "fight" over access, and perhaps cause some kind of crash.

As far as MQ2 goes, no, it's not perfect. However, I would place good money on that if you try running just as you are, mulitple instances, etc., without MQ2 running, you will find you get those crashes with the same frequency you did with it running.

My 2c!

htw