RAF Questions

[40oz]

Lifetimer
Reaction score
So, I've looked around and been trying to find out info about recruit a friend.

I know the basics, but what I can't find out is two things. I tried searching around the boards, but I could really only find sale threads.

1 - is there a time limit to the EXP bonuses? Is this for the RAF account, or for both accounts?

2 - I would assume the exp bonuses wouldn't apply across servers. What, however if I made an account through RAF - got one of these marvelously cheap leveling services here, then transferred to my home server. Would the xp bonus still work?

Thanks~

This is the way it was explained to me so take it for what you will ... does not mean its right but....

1 - is there a time limit to the EXP bonuses? Is this for the RAF account, or for both accounts?
The XP bonus lasts for 90 days as long as you are grouped with your "mentor"

2 - I would assume the exp bonuses wouldn't apply across servers. What, however if I made an account through RAF - got one of these marvelously cheap leveling services here, then transferred to my home server. Would the xp bonus still work?
No the above is still applicable. unless the mentor transfers as well.

Exp bonus is still there even if your not grouped.

Three different levels of RAF Exp .

level 1
RAF who sent invite Not online or in group

level 2
Raf who sent invite is online but not in group

level 3
Raf who sent invite is online and in group.

So if you send someone an invite YOUR toon gets an XP bonus on their own while playing?

How much is it %-wise?

I assume the invitEE must at least accept the invite and make a toon?

50% bonus, invitee must be subscribed

So if you send someone an invite YOUR toon gets an XP bonus on their own while playing?

How much is it %-wise?

The XP bonus lasts for 90 days as long as you are grouped with your "mentor"

its been a while but i remember people discussing the length of time of raf bonus

original offer made no timeline was more along the line of when you caught up, certainly i hadnt read 90 days, is that the current RAF offer posted on SOE boards somewhere?

50% bonus, invitee must be subscribed

How much is it %-wise?

So the invitee must put a credit card on the account? Or just has to be playing RAF free time?

Join Your Friends In-Game for Extra Bonuses
Group with your invited friend and receive double the normal experience during that adventuring time. When grouped, your invited friend may earn up to three times the normal experience while adventuring. Recruiter, once your recruited player converts to a paid subscription in Everquest, as a sign of our appreciation for your recruiting efforts, you will receive bonus experience from that point forward.
Once the Recruiter and your invited friend are at the same character level, bonus experience will be double the normal experience ONLY if grouped. There will be no bonus experience if ungrouped when at the same character level.
Recruiter - If you and your invited friend are both logged in and playing but are not grouped, you will receive a 50 percent bonus to your adventuring experience if your character level is higher than your invited friends character level.
Group experiences only apply if both players are within close adventuring proximity of each other. Much like it is when you are in a group in game, so stay close together to maximize your experience bonuses.

Says nothing about 90 days. RAF is excellent though. Definitely use it for bots since they start at level 51.

So seems there's no time limit, just a level limit? That seems awfully nice.

Seems like a server transfer may not matter then too.

There are way to many RAF question threads, but thought I'd make a note on this one incase it helps someone out. Would be nice if we had a FAQ for RAF so people don't keep asking the same questions every 3-4 weeks.

Anyways, I made a RAF account tonight and used the same email for invitee/inviter. This does NOT work. You end up wasting one of your 20 free ones. Make sure to make a dummy email to start and register and station account, then you can go in later and change the email to w/e one you prefer.

You wont waste an invite, you can have up to that amount at the same time. 90 days is for eq2. Also when your alt get to the same level he will not get 3 times but double exp. You, the invitee still get the same. Double exp as long both on same group.

So far I can confirm the following:

-You MUST be grouped for Invitee & Inviter to get double xp.

-Double experience while grouped AND the same level is PERMINANT (GM confirmed this for me in a support ticket prior to purchasing).

-Triple Experience for the Invitee if they are LOWER level than the Inviter while grouped.

-16 of 18 Expansions "owned" on the invitee's account before & after purchase of a $15 subscription.

-It rocks complete asshole on Fippy DarkPaw with Double XP.

i paid a member to pl me some toons on raf accounts but if i could get bonus exp on my main accounts that sounds like a winner all around.

couple concerns that don't appear to be answered in this thread or others:

1) is there a lvl limit with the bonus exp with the new accounts? is it 85? or was that with HoT? is it 90 now with VoA? so the new accounts won't earn extra experience past this point?

2) extra experience applies to AA as well? this is why people were keeping those raf accounts at 85 earlier?

3) the email issue. if i wanted to lvl 3 raf accounts, i'd need 3 different disposable emails to send email from my primary account? is that accurate? what if i wanted to raf an account from my tank and from my cleric, both of whom have the same email? shit out of luck?

thanks. i'm kinda excited!