Quite disapponted.

riot

Reaction score
I logged on today to see what cool new AA I might get with this new expansion. I get 0 new Archetype AA and 3 new Class AA. The class AA I got was 1 that pushes mobs away from me, 1 that pulls mobs towards me and an alternate version of my invis song. Quite pathetic. BUT OMG at least I can raise my stat points by 5 per rank again!

Anyone else disappointed with their 'new aa' selection?

There is another patch December 14th to add more AA. They werent able to get them all in yet.

Yeah, the AA, combat abilities, spells are all lame so far. Maybe the content is good, but it's hard to get excited about an expansion that doesn't have anything worthwhile for the toons I play.

Also, class AAs are locked behind not only level but language skill - so you may not be seeing everything that you can actually get if you dont have 70+ Alaran language

Also, class AAs are locked behind not only level but language skill - so you may not be seeing everything that you can actually get if you dont have 70+ Alaran language

This may be premature but i don't think getting 70+ woul really be all that touch. I just finished the quests for the first T1 zone and i'm 40+ already

Went from 13 to 44 in just a few hours and still doing tasks as I write this so likely to be higher by the time I go to sleep.

I didn't mean to say it was difficult to get the skill. Was only pointing out to the OP that they may not be seeing everything as it won't be available until they have the skill.

This expansion sounds kind of fucking lame. I'm going to continue to stay out of game for a little while before I decide what I'm going to do.

An expansion that sony can't even finish in one year? That's kind of disappointing. I mean, there's no excuse to not have the AAs done, imo. Even if it means tweaking them a little afterwards, to just not even put them in because they're not even CLOSE to being done is pretty ridiculous.

The epic weapon ornament quest go live with the expansion?

Last edited:
its gonna suck ass when this expansion is old and people cant buy AA's and spells for new toons because they have to go back a few xpacs and get 90 Alaren.

Nah, they'll just remove the restriction or make it trivial to meet. Just like they remove quest requirements for entering old raid zones. Not a problem.

Last edited:
In my opinion, people are mad because they actually have to work for their toons. They can't just log in and get handed everything. It's a fun expansion, there is no room to argue about argath because you can do valley tasks and complete the same. It's a fun expansion, and people whine because they actually have to play to progress.

An expansion that sony can't even finish in one year? That's kind of disappointing. I mean, there's no excuse to not have the AAs done, imo. Even if it means tweaking them a little afterwards, to just not even put them in because they're not even CLOSE to being done is pretty ridiculous.

I don't see the issue here. I mean, unless you have 90 Alarian already you can't purchase the AA that they are putting in anyways. Is it really that troublesome to wait a few days after release? I think not.

Everyone has their panties in a bunch over this xpac. Sure, it forces you to actually play the game and not AFK everything. SoE is trying to make people get back into the spirit of grouping together. They are bringing back the SOCIAL aspect of the game. I absolutely love the expansion, it's new and exciting and it's making us work to achieve something rather then just handing it to us.

I don't see the issue here. I mean, unless you have 90 Alarian already you can't purchase the AA that they are putting in anyways. Is it really that troublesome to wait a few days after release? I think not.

Everyone has their panties in a bunch over this xpac. Sure, it forces you to actually play the game and not AFK everything. SoE is trying to make people get back into the spirit of grouping together. They are bringing back the SOCIAL aspect of the game. I absolutely love the expansion, it's new and exciting and it's making us work to achieve something rather then just handing it to us.

If just a few people have already hit the 70 needed. Yes its a problem. They had over a year to get this expansion finished. They failed again, so they are trying to push it in several stages and it is failing.

As for getting back to the grouping aspect... maybe I am missing a big section of the current game. Seems like a lot of little steps to progress. Sora like SSRA key and VT keys. Not that they were hard just time sinks.

Last edited:
I guess my point is when you have an entire year to do an expansion you should get it right. The fact that this inevitably happens every single year is a little tiring... they'll spend the next 4 months trying to fix all the crap they didn't finish over the previous year, and then the next expansion will be rushed and shitty for the first few months, too.

there is no room to argue about argath because you can do valley tasks and complete the same.

If only this were true.

Some quests in Valley are broken and not giving the skill increase, forcing people to do the ones in Argath.