Question Question on PoP

Cbass

Reaction score
Hey guys... so I am building my one man raid force right now. Have 26 Level 60 toons. Luclin should launch in the next month and then PoP after that. Might take a few months off after Luclin launches and then get ready for PoP.

The question that I have is about my team setup at this point... How much can a well equipped raidforce being 100% boxed do in PoP progression and raids based on my classes below?

Do I need a lot more or will I be able to do a lot? If I need more, would 6 more do? 12 more? Shoudl I go more melee on the next groups or more caster?

This is my setup right now:

War
Cleric
Shaman
Cleric
Bard
Druid

Rogue
Rogue
Rogue
Monk
Bard
Shaman

Ench
Ranger
Necro
Necro
Bard
Wiz

Mage
Mage
Mage
Mage
Bard
Druid

Paladin
Wiz

Any help would be appreciated as I have only been back for like 3 months and haven't played in quite some time. I know an easy answer is "as many as you can box".. .but really, what do you think the minimum would be to be effective?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I would do a full group of rangers. Rangers really shine in PoP after you do the AA's. Plus you can just sit back and archery alot of the events. And while I don't play a ranger, there is no real aggro from archery iirr based on dmg that is. So like 1000 dmg doesn't had 1000 hate, like a 1000 dd spell would etc.

I would do a full group of rangers. Rangers really shine in PoP after you do the AA's. Plus you can just sit back and archery alot of the events. And while I don't play a ranger, there is no real aggro from archery iirr based on dmg that is. So like 1000 dmg doesn't had 1000 hate, like a 1000 dd spell would etc.

Interesting, I didn't even think of Rangers. A group of 5 rangers and a Bard can compete with 5 Rogues and a bard? Assuming similar skilled weapons and AA's?

Last edited:
Code:
1	clr	clr	clr	1
2	brd	brd	brd	2
3	wiz	wiz	wiz	3
4	mag	mag	mag	4
5	enc	dru	sha	5
6	shd	war	pal	6

This was the 18 I was thinking to go with
Perhaps too many bards to be honest, swapping them for rangers or more wizards or other form of DPS probably advisable.

Just go to sheets.google.com and play around is what I did
I think you need 4 clerics to go thru PoP maybe 3-4 tanks. all the rest is DPS with just enough support as needed.

If i recall correctly some of the events needed more than 1 enchanter

I strongly feel that you need way way more healing for PoP raids. You will need a more solid 4-7 Cleric CH chain. And some off-tank healers.

Are you doing well in Velious with that force? I would be surprised if you can even take on any raid target in Kael. I think that even Derakor the Vindicator would plow through your Warrior having a 2-Cleric 6-seconds CH chain, while at the same time, Vindis rampage would destroy your Paladin that is being healed by a Paladin only. I'm not even mentioning Avatar of War.

I think you could get away with 18

Code:
1	pal	war	shd	war	1
2	mnk	enc	sha	brd	2
3	nec	mag	nec	mag	3
4	wiz	wiz	wiz	wiz	4
5	wiz	wiz	wiz	wiz	5
6	clr	clr	clr	clr	6

While raiding groups would be something like this....
Code:
1	clr	war	enc	nec	1
2	clr	war	mag	mag	2
3	clr	shd	wiz	wiz	3
4	clr	pal	wiz	wiz	4
5	brd	mnk	wiz	wiz	5
6	nec	shm	wiz	wiz	6

As long as that DPS is sufficient to last the mana pool of your clerics with necro twitching you would be good.

This gives you 11 DPS (8wiz+2mag+mnk) out of 18 people.
Pulling with mnk/brd, slow with shm/enc, tanks, 4 ch line.

Bulk of your DPS would be from the 8 Wizard + 2 mage which is easy to control even by a hotkey like '/bcaa nuke ${target.id}'

Couple additional thoughts/considerations:
  1. Single Shaman, if he gets destroyed while trying to slow you have no backup
  2. Single Enc, same deal as single shaman. In PoP there are some raids where 1 enc is not enough (from memory)
  3. Pet+Mag > Wiz in DPS for trash and maybe raid targets. I did not go a bunch of mages due to 'visibility' plus they did the TLP pet nerfs, I am not sure where this all ended up.
  4. No healers in other groups, You could add another 2-3 healers but your DPS will suffer. Depending on how a group like this performs you may want to swap out 2-3 Wizards for shaman/dru/clr

So if you drop a wiz for enc, wiz for sha, wiz for dru/clr you end up with 5wiz+2mag+mnk for DPS which I dont think is enough.

8 dps (wiz, wiz, wiz, wiz, wiz, mag, mag, mnk)
5+ healers (clr, clr, clr, clr + dru/clr + sha + sha)
5 utility (brd, enc, enc, sha, sha)
4 tanks (war, war, shd, pal)

All the rog/rng/dru loot rot's or maybe you sell for krono =)

I strongly feel that you need way way more healing for PoP raids. You will need a more solid 4-7 Cleric CH chain. And some off-tank healers.

Are you doing well in Velious with that force? I would be surprised if you can even take on any raid target in Kael. I think that even Derakor the Vindicator would plow through your Warrior having a 2-Cleric 6-seconds CH chain, while at the same time, Vindis rampage would destroy your Paladin that is being healed by a Paladin only. I'm not even mentioning Avatar of War.

You are 100% spot on. I am getting pretty crushed by all of the raid mobs that are red. I think that is great advice. I will get a few more clerics in their own group.

You are 100% spot on. I am getting pretty crushed by all of the raid mobs that are red. I think that is great advice. I will get a few more clerics in their own group.

You need at least 4 but 6 better, my guild back in the day had very few clerics 4 was the minimum before we would raid pre-pop.
With 4 you get a few tic's to regain mana and it spreads Argo sufficiently

The issue with melee DPS is they tend to be in the way of damage so need a little healing and they are not bursty.

With your group setup I would add another 2-3 clerics (5) and add another tank (3) by dropping some bards/druid/rogue.

Last edited: