Question on PL strats

Beevo

Reaction score
Hey all. I have a question that I understand in my mind, hopefully I can ask it correctly. I am a little mentally challenged, so here goes:

What is the best PL option if I wanted to PL a guild friend that is starting at lvl 1?

I want to get them to like level 90 and 2000 AA's, and fast.

So what is ideal group or individual class way to do this?

Like a Druid to 60 and then a Ranger from 60 to 90 and also with the AA's? Is there a better group setup? Like an SK with a Bard and Shaman or something like that, then the PLee AOE's out of group...

Thanks in advance for your input.

This is how i do it,

1 - 60
Charm of lore macro = lvl 17

then find the hotzone , i use my bard and round up well most of the zone using a AoE snare or AoE mana drain (just to get/keep aggro) (also while wielding brass instrument so no reposts etc) get a good hold on aggro (with merc on active)

Then let plevelee hit each mob using a hitall macro, soon as he's done. Twist a few DS = about 300+ DS BAM they all die
Rinse and Repeat in hotzone of choice until lvl 60.

Then group with my toons until lvl 75 in zone of choice. (preferably a hotzone)

At 75 i park him in guild lobby. and with my box set do HoT tasks to grind aa's
after about 1k aa's (each task gives about 30 aa's) then i move to reg exp until hit lvl 80.

More HoT missions till about 1.5-1.8k aa's then push to 90 then back to aa's

I know others will do it differently but thats how i do it.

sk from 60 to 80 swarm kill
if have a mage for good ds helps a ton

i used an sk from about 52 can prob do it alot sooner (thats the lvl of toon i had when i pld it)

cleric PL works too once u can grp
train pull and ward (ae nuke proc)

friend went further and set a mac to blur mobs for solo xp in a grind camp

the posibilities are endless

time frame for a 90 w 2k aa is about a week at a moderate pace (hrs invested)

PLToon + PLBard group together just play the ae bard song with
PLer SK+Shm/Dru/CLR/Merc add in a bard and it goes faster.

basically keep your PLbard buffed and pull with your sk using dmg shields and ae aggro. Bard can hit stuff 5-10 levels over so basically move around where you can get mass mobs with fast respawn that dont run.

I always use my sk and bard together in group and shroud the toon to be pl'd to a earth elemental. Add the pl'd toon to your fellowship so you can use a DS campfire. Using SK you can pull a ton of mobs and /mac skillcast (ae hate) find a corner and put merc on balanced.

After you have cast ae hate a cpl times, start the macro on the pl'd toon. When the mac stops getting new targets you twist warsong and ds on bard and chain sit on the sk. With 600+ dps you will level really fast.

i keep hearing the pl bard thing to grp w plee

i dont even like loading a merc to keep him save (have a hard time swallowing the concept of having to pl a bard at same time) , ive always just done 1 toon as a PLee

i keep hearing the pl bard thing to grp w plee

i dont even like loading a merc to keep him save (have a hard time swallowing the concept of having to pl a bard at same time) , ive always just done 1 toon as a PLee

you dont keep the bard safe, if your using an sk the bard wont ever get hit.

You get aggro walk bard in twist ae hate let it go 3-4 seconds. then drop dmg shields and chain sit with the sk. can kill 50-75 mobs in less then 5 minutes doing it this way. thats including pull time.

I PL a bard along with my mag/enc that i wanted and i got lvl 60 in like 4 hours work. I was useing a mag/bard/cleric merc to PL. When they hit lvl 60 i just added them to my group in tosk and they were still getting like 6-3% a kill going up to 75. at 75 i started progression and got them t4 flagged. Now i narrowd it down to just getting my sk to 90 so he can tank for the B team.

so people just pl a bard w every toon they want to actually PL, then what sacc it delete it or just add it to a stash of bards

Typically, as i understand it, the bard does no damage. he just goes around and collects mobs and makes them mad (ae snare+ae mana drain). the PLEE is out of group and does 1 point of damage to each of them.

Once they are all damaged, the bard switches to DS damage. This damages the mob without giving credit to the bard. From the servers perspective, the PLEE killed all the mobs by hitting them for 1 point of damage.

Typically, as i understand it, the bard does no damage. he just goes around and collects mobs and makes them mad (ae snare+ae mana drain). the PLEE is out of group and does 1 point of damage to each of them.

Once they are all damaged, the bard switches to DS damage. This damages the mob without giving credit to the bard. From the servers perspective, the PLEE killed all the mobs by hitting them for 1 point of damage.

That is 1 way to PL, but not what the others are suggesting.

What they are saying is have someone, which could be a bard, SK, druid, ranger etc of high lvl to round up the mobs. Sk works the best because of their AOE agro spells. Then you have the alt you want plvled and a bard grouped together and have the bard play his aoe dmg song, it has a -100 resist mod.

This might be a good method if the class you're plvling doesn't have any pbaoe spell.

For any class that does have a pbaoe spell I'd bypass having the bard and just use the pbaoe spell and cast it a few times to make sure all get it.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=146502

A post from the eqplayers forums that says more of what people said already but also gives a list of all classes with an AE and when they get it and also any class that has/can use a weapon with an AE proc. I just use the vendor bought AE potion to do my PLing though. Some people also gave their breakdown of where they go for which levels. Pretty helpful IMHO.

so people just pl a bard w every toon they want to actually PL, then what sacc it delete it or just add it to a stash of bards

As long as you have an account to spare it never hurts to have extra lvl 55 bards around. Once they hit 55 you just group them with your other guys. And bard gets kicked out.

The time you save using a bard to AE over hitall.mac is crazy. If you have a drakken and did the cone ae you dont need it really I guess, but its still faster having a bard.

tried hit all mobs mac ONCE, saw the 8 sec or so reuse and said f that
casters that have some sort of AE god send
non ae or ones that dont have it early on i stick to a low lvl nuke

for melees in the past i used to get a hold of ae proccing weapons and sneak in for a few hits (otherwise load up on ranged items or arrows)

i guess im next time i pl a toon ill tag a bard, just always been greedy about getting the PLee solo xp.

SK + Bard is the way to go. SK has several AE aggro spells, round up mobs and get aggro. Twist bard damage shield songs and AE debuff resist songs.

Get your PLee http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=2508 1 or 2 casts should hit all mobs. Let SK damage shield work mobs down.

You can do this is hot zones until the PLee is high enough to group with the SK for exp.

As long as you have an account to spare it never hurts to have extra lvl 55 bards around. Once they hit 55 you just group them with your other guys. And bard gets kicked out.

The time you save using a bard to AE over hitall.mac is crazy. If you have a drakken and did the cone ae you dont need it really I guess, but its still faster having a bard.

I think there's a sweet spot on the hitallmac though... if you're pulling mobs too high ae spells/songs and range hits aren't going to work very well, so the 15 sec refresh sucks, but its after than sticking to mobs within 5 levels of your toon. I take a lvl 20 toon and pull 50+ level 35+ mobs. Once he was in his 30's I take my pl'ee to nadox and pull the lvl 54-56 mobs in trains.

Thats what i do, that way i dont have to change zones ... the only limit to how many mobs i can pull generall is left to the zone and how much lag i end up with. Pull with shaman, viral slow for the train and druid can heal no worries if needed for higher levels + no issues casting the DS's. I take potions though for once the mob level range has closed which does speed things up, again... im very lazy.

I think there's a sweet spot on the hitallmac though... if you're pulling mobs too high ae spells/songs and range hits aren't going to work very well, so the 15 sec refresh sucks, but its after than sticking to mobs within 5 levels of your toon. I take a lvl 20 toon and pull 50+ level 35+ mobs. Once he was in his 30's I take my pl'ee to nadox and pull the lvl 54-56 mobs in trains.

if they are to high for a bards AE song to hit they are to high for you to attempt to melee at any reasonable speed.

You dont get more exp per kill if you kill a lvl 30 over a lvl 15 at lvl 2. It just takes you longer. You dont want to be fighting anything more then 8-12 lvls higher until your grouped with higher lvl people.

I do 1-67 in less then 4 hours with a 10 stack of double exp potions you used to get. 6-8 hours without.

Before with this I could also do close to 700AA before the toon was much past 1 day played.

Bard+SK+Shm/Healer(merc healer works for spot heals)
Bard+PLToon

Yea, but 8-12 levels over your current one will still mean you won't hit anything with spells.

Yea, but 8-12 levels over your current one will still mean you won't hit anything with spells.

why you use the bard. Believe it or not. I used to make money doing that.