Question / Comment on AA Exp

PumpThump

Reaction score
First, does a double exp weekend even affect AA Exp? Doesn't seem like it to me, as my characters are getting the same AA Exp today that they got all weekend.

Second, at what point does AA Exp gain plateau? As in, I know that below 1000 AA's you get a higher rate than, say, 3000 AAs. Does it just keep slowing down all the way up to 10k+ AAs or does it level out? I've never had a character approach 5k AAs until now and I'm just curious.

AA exp was doubled this weekend.

I don't know the exact numbers on when it slows down but after maxing out multiple accounts I can tell you that it does get painfully slow lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

AA exp was doubled this weekend.

I don't know the exact numbers on when it slows down but after maxing out multiple accounts I can tell you that it does get painfully slow lol.

I understand EXP this weekend was doubled. However...

On Saturday, my level 100's were earning about and average of 20% AA exp per kill.

On Sunday and Monday, they were still earning about 20% AA exp per kill.

Today, when double exp should be over, they are earning about 18% AA exp per kill.

The drop from 20% to 18% could be caused by earning a few hundred AAs this weekend, however it is definitely not a result of a double exp ending. That is why I am confused.

To the second question's answer... that sucks lol. I'm happy with the AA rate I just got at level 100 with 4500-ish AAs. I don't want it to drop lol.

First time ppl complaint about AA exp is giving too much!

From what I noticed, double exp wasn't Stopped this morning @ 7AM EST. That was the last mob I killed before I headed out.

First time ppl complaint about AA exp is giving too much!

From what I noticed, double exp wasn't Stopped this morning @ 7AM EST. That was the last mob I killed before I headed out.

That is definitely not a complaint! More just a question for understanding. When the double exp hit I turned my whole team (levels 92-95) to 100% reg exp and the were all 100 by end of Sunday, so I can't really start comparing reg exp gain compared to pre-double exp weekend. I am still getting the same AAexp rate as during the weekend as of right now though, so I'm still going with the idea that it did not affect AA Exp...

I seem to remember one Double Exp event specifically stating Double AA Exp, but I could be wrong. This event, however, said nothing about AA, just double Exp in general.

Last edited:
At some point today they finally ended the double exp, and my AA exp rate did finally cut in half. Sad day, I was starting to get really happy with my new AA collection rate.

Second, at what point does AA Exp gain plateau? As in, I know that below 1000 AA's you get a higher rate than, say, 3000 AAs. Does it just keep slowing down all the way up to 10k+ AAs or does it level out? I've never had a character approach 5k AAs until now and I'm just curious.

Below 4k AA's you get a massive, linear, decaying bonus to your xp. Starts off at like 15x bonus or something silly, and decays to no bonus at 4k. XP bonuses in EQ work a little differently, namely a percentage. So for example, lets say you're getting 1000% (10x) XP for AA's.

LotD = +100%
Double XP = +100%

Basically you go up to 1200% instead of "doubling" to like 3000%. Assuming you got 50% AA per kill under normal circumstances, that means you'd go up to 60% AA per kill under LotD and Double XP, or 55% per kill under double XP.

Now if you're over 4k AA's, then of course, you're at 0% bonus, and double xp actually does double it. It's win win in that case =)

You have to understand that the AA amount doubled is the base AA exp you get, before your bonus for being under 4k AA's.

For example, lets say a mob gives 5% AA exp a kill. You are at 1k AA's, so you are currently getting a bonus for being low on AA's, so lets say you are actually getting 20% AA exp a kill (these are just random numbers).

During double exp, you would get 25% exp per kill (5% base exp x2, plus your bonus which is not doubled).

Hope this makes sense.

I have been keeping track of my AAXP all thru August while I did the level 90 tasks just about every day for my boxed toons. During double AA weekend even my high AA toons (4000-7000 each) were getting DOUBLE the AAs for the tasks. The minimum they get for the 90 task normally is 8 AA's; the minimum went up to 16 during the double-XP weekend.

That's how the hot zone tasks worked. I think it was the same for regular non-task AAXP since a couple of toons I was working on apart from tasks were definitely getting a LOT more AAs for kills and they were both way over the 4000 level.

Note that I hope everyone is aware of the incredible AA awards from doing these tasks, especially for low-AA toons---even with NO double-XP weekend.

I had a couple of toons that were 95 with almost no AAs (I PL'd them using anniversary quests so they were woefully under-AA'd) and they were getting 50 AA's per task, for being in a group that killed 5 mobs. LOL. Everyone of these toons went from almost zero AA's to well over 4000 just in the course of doing the hotzone tasks daily for ONE month. Thank You, EQ!

I was getting just under 2AA per kill on some characters which was doubled from their normal XP of just under 1AA per kill.

Oh I also found out that at 85+ 10% XP per kill is the max you can get per kill. QQ

Oh I also found out that at 85+ 10% XP per kill is the max you can get per kill. QQ

10% XP per kill at lev 85... what the heck are you killing that gives 10% regular xp per kill, thats 10 kills from 85 -86 ...

It was a combination of double XP weekend+vitality from fellowship sharing. It only lasts a few kills before vitality runs out so not really a good strategy for leveling IMO. I just happened to have a character that had full banked vitality from my old fellowship. Normal XP from 85 to 100 is about 1% a kill which still isn't too bad.