Question about warp.

KingKiller

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I just want to get a general idea on how dangerous it is to use in EQ's current form. I have heard that there are checks in the eq client to check for warp, but does the mmobugs plugin block that check?

I understand the risk of getting banned, I just would like to see how big of a risk that is. Is this something more along the lines that a GM has to watch you do or is it something they can auto detect?

There is 1, and ONLY 1 way of detection, that is for a GM to witness it. The fact is GM's have better things to do, and won't accept a video of someone warping. So even if a player witnesses you then just lay low and you have a small chance of being banned. Yes, there is a check on the server to see if you have traveled X amount of distance between each movement packet. There is an anti-check in MMO compile, so your safe.

GMs wont take a video? thats like saying being reported wont get you banned and i am very sorry to say, if your reported for warping your ass is toast right now.

OK from what I have read it looks like as long as you dont get reported or a GM isnt watching you. It should be "safe" to use.

Thats what i live by, i dont warp unless its just me in the zone, and even then i might not cause i got bardspeed ponnies.

but i havnt stopped warping or zoning since day one here and i still have all my accounts.

i been using warp for years i stealth then warp and hide i just dont warp in front of people and never ever tell anyone you use mq. i live by those rules and never have had any problems.

the stealth then warp doesn't do anything...has the exact same effect.

Head Gear

the stealth then warp doesn't do anything...has the exact same effect.

I use a tinfoil hat.

See avatar for current model in deployment. After much testing I've found it keeps the bad men from knowing when I warp, or reading my thoughts with their logging machines and knowing when I'm about to warp before I do.

To date I have all my accounts still, so I know this works.

Don't be a fool wrap your tool.

Shazzam!!

Last edited:
Ok lets break this down....i type /warp loc blah blah blah...my char fades away no one can see him anymore.

i turn stealth on....i type /warp loc blah blah blah...my char doesnt fade yet. i turn stealth off... my char fades the same way...well shit all that did was delay it, maybe someone is by your char now and you cant see it.

i stealth then warp and hide

I think this is done so you don't warp right in front of somebody standing at your destination. If you are stealth, you can see if anybody is around when you land rather than just appearing right in front of them out of thin air (by then it's too late).

If your are stealth and warp near some other player, you can hide from them before turning off stealth.

I just want to get a general idea on how dangerous it is to use in EQ's current form. I have heard that there are checks in the eq client to check for warp, but does the mmobugs plugin block that check?

I understand the risk of getting banned, I just would like to see how big of a risk that is. Is this something more along the lines that a GM has to watch you do or is it something they can auto detect?

There is code in the client to detect a warp, but our plugins safely bypass it. If you use other plugins that do not bypass this detection, you run a greater risk. Other than that, being witnessed visibly warping by a GM is enough to get in trouble.

There is code in the client to detect a warp, but our plugins safely bypass it. If you use other plugins that do not bypass this detection, you run a greater risk. Other than that, being witnessed visibly warping by a GM is enough to get in trouble.

I think safely to the best of our knowledge is a more accurate term. While the mmobugs is the safest compile they can use logic and reasoning to see if you are doing 10000 warps a day when they scan logs. This apparently is a tedious process so they only do so when they need to crack down or you get reported.