Question about showing /loc & heading while moving

SiegeTank

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I want to show my y,x,z loc and my heading dynamically while moving. I have already added it to MQ2Hud and that works fine. But, greedy bastard that I am, I'd like to have the loc+heading text appear in the center of my screen so I can view it without having to look away from the main action.

I'm not clear where the "size" of the MQ2Hud is set, but I'm guessing the display coordinates do NOT cover the entire EQ window, because if I try to set the display location to what I think is the center of the screen the text doesn't show at all. In other words, I think MQ2Hud is limited to a small rectangular portion of the main display and any attempt to go beyond that section results in no display of the desired text.

Hope that makes sense.

My next attempt would be just to create a small chat window and try to direct the loc values (y,x,z) and the value of heading.Name dynamically to that window but I'm not quite sure how to do that...

Or is there a simpler way? I looked at MQ2Popup but that only displays plain text and for a short period of time.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
What resolution are you using? You should not have issues with moving it to the middle if you choose.

Also you might want to try mq2hudmove or something to that effect. It lets you move the hud while in game easily placing it where you want.

AFAIK the HUD text isn't scalable or configurable beyond color and location.

The HUD can use any portion of the screen. I have HUD items in dead center, the sides, across the top and bottom and all points in between.

If it shows up at one location but not another check to make sure you're using appropriate coordinates. Also make sure there's no UI windows blocking it. (hidden or otherwise)

if you don't want to use MQ2HUDMove, you can still get instant updates to your HUD while in game by just editing the MQ2HUD.ini file and saving it. Updates to the INI file are reflected instantly in game, without reloading.

You guys are right, I must have been sticking my info under another window. What's even neater is you can move items "on the fly." I was unloading and loading MQ2Hud, thinking you needed to do that to make changes, but it isn't necessary.

Now I need to make the loc and heading text bigger. Playing around with that configuration item.

Thanks for the help!

Now I need to make the loc and heading text bigger. Playing around with that configuration item.

Thanks for the help!
Don't think you can via MQ2HUD, unless it's been changed

If you figure out how to then please let us know cuz there's a bunch of HUD items I'd like to reconfigure

I'm guessing that if you add in this line:

UseFontSize=on

then every line in the HUD has to include a value for font size, using 1 for those you aren't changing.

Woah.... Learn something new every day.

Looks like I better go back and do some serious reading to see what else I'm missing

Woah.... Learn something new every day.

Looks like I better go back and do some serious reading to see what else I'm missing

The best reason to use the forums! :-D I haven't really messed with my MQ2HUD in a long ass time...about 2 years to be honest. But there are so many things that you can add to your HUD i'm sure it will make peoples head spin to have been just using the built in options all this time :-D. My HUD will be the next thing I work on now that I am almost done with my Holyshits and Downshits. I'm still working on a Holyshit set to do my zerker's discs if I'm targeting a named...but that is a different subject in it's own. Now when I get home I'm upgrading my G15 to G19 and going to be using some of the HUD options on my small LCD to take some of the clutter off my screen. :-D

what is the command to only fire a disc if its a named npc?

Sorry wolf, I went a bit off subject with my message lol....my mind tends to stray a bit from time to time. Check the "Post your holyshits and downshits thread" don't have a link to it but do a search for "Post your" and it will come up.

I've used the same HUD for..... well years. I wrote most of the sections myself and it's always just worked (I use the HUD to actually replace several of the EQ windows)

I guess because it always worked for me it never occured to me to look for changes and upgrades to the plugin. Shame on me!!