Powersource Macro

seashadow

Reaction score
Anyone have or recommend a macro to equip and unequip my powersource? I was using vladutil, but vlad is now causing issues with my macros. Also when trying to unload vladutil it crashes eq, so looking for an alternative. Thanks.

powersources only drain when you're in combat... not really sure I understand the purpose of a macro to equip/unequip??

Anyone have or recommend a macro to equip and unequip my powersource? I was using vladutil, but vlad is now causing issues with my macros. Also when trying to unload vladutil it crashes eq, so looking for an alternative. Thanks.

Hmm, you could try using MQ2PowerSource, see if that works for ya.

htw

Hmm, you could try using MQ2PowerSource, see if that works for ya.

htw

That's been doing a crash to desktop as soon as I load it the last few compiles. I was thinking it was just something in my env... anyone else get an instance CTD when doing /plugin load mq2powersouce

[MQ2PowerSource]
Mode=Auto
PSItem=-1
CombatTimeout=120

Hurm, PSItem prolly shouldnt be "-1", should it?

why you want to swap your PS in and out?it only draws while in combat anyway since a few patches ago.

why you want to swap your PS in and out?it only draws while in combat anyway since a few patches ago.

Hmm .. good to know, and I didn't, thanks. Now a question, does anyone know if there's a way to determine a powersource's current power level, ie; is it used up?

Hmm .. good to know, and I didn't, thanks. Now a question, does anyone know if there's a way to determine a powersource's current power level, ie; is it used up?

Right click the powersource and it tells you how much juice is left, as a percentage.

Question

Newb question and probably a little off topic, but is there ANY use at all for powersources once they are totally drained? ie, does the Katta merchant buy them back at all? I have never tried (I just destroy them) and I am too lazy to venture down there these days . . .

I always delete them...
I tried a few times to sell them back and the vendors just gave them back

Newb question and probably a little off topic, but is there ANY use at all for powersources once they are totally drained? ie, does the Katta merchant buy them back at all? I have never tried (I just destroy them) and I am too lazy to venture down there these days . . .

The merchant in Katta WILL buy them back for 1-2 coin, not worth storing and treking back.

Hate it when I answer myself ..
Code:
${FindItem[=Misty Energeian Light Orb].Power}

I always save my used up pure powersources to sell back. You only get one phosphene per powersource, but I look at it as a "buy 10, get one free" type deal.

they will buy them back if you have the faction/access to buy them in the first place. I sell my used up pure PS's back for 3 phos and the translucent PS's for i believe 5-10 orux maybe a little less been awhile since i have used/sold them

IIRC, the Katta merchant will buy it back. Any other merchant will just return them. I think you get 6 or 8 orux for a used up one.