htw

Developer
Reaction score
This plugin adds a Task TLO.

string Name The char name in task
Task Leader The leader of the task
Task Member[#|name] The task member # or name
int Members Current number of characters in the task
bool IsLeader Is the char the task leader?
spawn Spawn object for this player if available (must be in zone)
To String Same as Name

Examples:

${Task.IsLeader} Am I the task leader?
${Task.Name} My name
${Task.Members} # of members in task
${Task.Member[3].Name} Name of 3rd task member
${Task.Member[2].IsLeader} Is 2nd task member task leader?
${Task.Member[Razza].IsLeader} Is Razza task leader?
${Task.Member[Razza].Spawn.Level} Razza's level (must be in zone)

As you can see, members can be indexed by name or #. # is member 1 through x. If name is used, and is not in task, NULL is returned (as expected).

htw

Download MQ2TaskTLO.dll

Last edited:
Good your mind is on tasks! Asked about this a few times between here and MQ2 site. How about some TLO's that show steps a task on the hud. Monitored by the plugin not the the hud plugin. more like what mq2targets does. Wow has has this functionality for quite some time.

Is there a way to grab task ID's like mission ID's? Possibly a command to list task ID's of ones you have and then a command to make it list in the hud?

Code:
/taskid add # <--- Add to hud
/taskid del # <--- delete from hud
/taskid list <--- List available from the quest window
/taskid hud <--- List which ID's are being monitored in hud

Good your mind is on tasks! Asked about this a few times between here and MQ2 site. How about some TLO's that show steps a task on the hud. Monitored by the plugin not the the hud plugin. more like what mq2targets does. Wow has has this functionality for quite some time.

Is there a way to grab task ID's like mission ID's? Possibly a command to list task ID's of ones you have and then a command to make it list in the hud?

Code:
/taskid add # <--- Add to hud
/taskid del # <--- delete from hud
/taskid list <--- List available from the quest window
/taskid hud <--- List which ID's are being monitored in hud

We've talked about keeping track of this kind of thing around tasks, quests, etc., steps & id's... the client is not given the info in general, that I can see. The server keeps track of various info, and it is checked in the db when you go to do a step. Keeping track of all that clientside based on events, etc., is possible, but IMO quite error-prone. :(

FYI, due to 'little whiny bitch' syndrome, I added inherited Spawn TLO to Task members (if in zone). :p:p

htw

N00B

I'm going to be the 1st N00B to ask this question. WTF is this exactly for, the impression I am getting from it is echo's for Hud's, but please don't smack me = )

I'm going to be the 1st N00B to ask this question. WTF is this exactly for, the impression I am getting from it is echo's for Hud's, but please don't smack me = )

Sure, you can add elements to your HUD using it. Also info for macros.

htw

I like the looks of this plugin make afking some stuff so much easier.

anyone want to pass me some afk macs for tasks haven't used one since naggy stopped working for me.

I know, necroing a post...

You said it was possible to know if a task ID is active. Can ya add tlo to show task name in hud? We can already add
Code:
itemname=3,5,440,420,100,255,0,item - ${FindItemCount[=item]}

... but maybe add a tlo to show it in the hud if specific task is active? And ieatacid had posted this awhile back...

Code:
|count.mac
|5/23/04
|
|Usage:
|/mac count
|/mac count ini      -- load kill count from ini file
|/echo set <number>  -- manually set kill count

#turbo

#event expgain "#*#You gain party experience!!"
#event set "[MQ2] set #1#"

Sub Main
   /declare count int outer 0

/echo "/echo add <number>" manually sets count
   /echo "/mac count ini" loads count from ini file

/if (${String[${Param0}].Equal[ini]}) {
      /varset count ${Ini[count.ini,Mobs Killed,count]}
      /echo Kill Count: ${count}
   }
   :loop
   /doevents
   /delay 5
   /goto :loop   
/return

Sub Event_expgain
   /varcalc count ${count}+1
   /ini "count.ini" "Mobs Killed" "count" "${count}"
/return

Sub Event_set(string Line, int setCount)
   /if (!${setCount}) {
      /echo specify a number.
      } else {
      /varset count ${setCount}
      /ini "count.ini" "Mobs Killed" "count" "${count}"
      }
/return

Maybe something similar could made with like a /taskid addmob "mobname" and it writes to an ini that the hud can read from. Ini file being something like...
Code:
[ID 45]
spawn1=broodmother

Last edited:
Add on / new plugin for Expeditions.

Been talking to HTW in pm's about perhaps expanding this plugin to work with Expeditions as well. If not.. then maybe creating new plugin to act like this for expeditions.

He made no promises.. cause he's quite busy.. but did offer to look into it.

So.. crossing my fingers.

htw is prpbably the busiest mq dev in general... Really hoping though he can expand it, even with the the "error-prone" instances he was referring to.

htw is prpbably the busiest mq dev in general... Really hoping though he can expand it, even with the the "error-prone" instances he was referring to.
haha. ;)

It is on my task list, it is started - I have it currently projected due date 5/11. I'll pull it in if I have time.

htw

haha. ;)

It is on my task list, it is started - I have it currently projected due date 5/11. I'll pull it in if I have time.

htw

Woot ...

You the f***ing man HTW . . it's 5/11! and I can't wait to see this in action, would make my life so much easier.

Last edited:
I have been working on it. I can't guarantee it will be finished today, but I'll keep you posted.

htw

I have been working on it. I can't guarantee it will be finished today, but I'll keep you posted.

htw

Awww... i got a chubby today waiting for this ... lol Ok.. you're officialy given an extention on this.. but no slacking off mister!.. ( grin )

Patience my young padowan learner, the great Jedi HTW will get it done as soon as he has enough time. There have been a couple patches lately so the compile has to come first, also RL plays a role. No worries, not flaming at you or anything of that nature I promise. Sometimes it's good to remind everyone that the devs are really people (aka mad scientists who work for Sony and Microsoft) and may like to get their chubbies toyed with ^^. In all seriousness though, this looks to be quite nifteh. I'm still learning how powerful MQ2 really is lol. I mostly use it for the hud, irc, docrack, piggyzone and the tradeskill macs lol.

haha. ;)

htw

Cry ..

Hoping to see revamp for inclusion of expedition info soon. But I know you a busy mofo HTW.

I bugged the crap outa HTW in a pm last week asking the same thing ... lol

He sais it's on his to do list ... on his radar ... but allot of stuff has come up and he is super busy.. but he has not forgotten about this.