Plugin Loading Order?

OldOne

Reaction score
With the recent changes involving the loader and plugins .. I still prefer to use a autoexec to load plugins and misc settings. My question is, is there a requirement/reason to load plugins in any order (could it create conflicts)?

MQ2MMOBugs needs to load first after that not that I am aware of.

With the recent changes involving the loader and plugins .. I still prefer to use a autoexec to load plugins and misc settings. My question is, is there a requirement/reason to load plugins in any order (could it create conflicts)?

Interesting, what exactly is the method for creating the autoexec?

Interesting, what exactly is the method for creating the autoexec?
Just a file named autoexec.cfg located in the MQ2 folder that contains single line commands, example:
Code:
/plugin MQ2MMOBugs
/plugin MQ2EQBugFix
etc.
/docrack ClickCasting on
/docrack Daylight on
/docrack EB on
etc..
/setfog off
/hud normal
/speed 1.1
etc...

NOTE:
autoexec.cfg Executed on the first pulse (when you reach character select, or when you are in game)
charselect.cfg Executed when you reach character select
zoned.cfg Executed after you finish zoning, but right before the map-specific config is executed
server_character.cfg Executed when a certain character enters the world
mapshortname.cfg Executed when you zone into this zone
pluginname-autoexec.cfg Executed when this plugin is loaded (after its initialization is complete)

Would the plugins still load according to the macroquest.ini if you use an autoexec?

If I used it it would be for things like /setfog off, /docracks, etc that I end up doing on all my boxes when I log them in. I run the same plugin config on all of them.

Wow, that is pretty darn cool, I had no idea you could do that.

While you can do that, the first time you do a /plugin xxx, it will add that to your macroquest.ini file, unless you tell it not to.

So if you use things like config files or macros, to load plugins only when you want/need, you need to tell it not to add them to your ini file, or else you end up having to unload them later. Further loads on the same plugin would look OK, because MQ2 won't bitch about loading a plugin that's already loaded, it just tells you it loads like normal.

Example:

/plugin MQ2Melee

Loads mq2melee & adds it to macroquest.ini under the [Plugins] section to be automatically loaded from then on.

/plugin MQ2Melee noauto

Loads mq2melee, but does NOT add it to macroquest.ini.

So use the noauto switch in custom configs/etc.

The same can be said, for unloading, using the same kind of example:

/plugin MQ2Melee unload

will unload mq2melee, and remove the macroquest.ini entry for it.

/plugin MQ2Melee unload noauto

will unload it, but not remove the entry from your INI file.

For your question, does it matter? You must load MQ2MMOBugs before any of our private plugins. Those are any plugins that you do not get source for: aaspend, bzsrch, changeform, cloot, compassutils, fog, getmission, gmcheck, gzone, mmodps, mmofastmem, mmowarp, nostun, nosummon, pccheck, piggyzone, reachit, speedutils, stealth, supercast, vladutil, web, wickedspeed, g15, autoafk, filterset, logoutclick. Other than loading mmobugs before those, you can load your plugins in any order you wish to.

htw

Would the plugins still load according to the macroquest.ini if you use an autoexec?

If I used it it would be for things like /setfog off, /docracks, etc that I end up doing on all my boxes when I log them in. I run the same plugin config on all of them.

Yes, processing of config files is separate from processing of macroquest.ini. Macroquest.ini will be processed when MQ2 is attached to an EQ instance, while the config files will be processed for / commands, etc., at the time they were designed for (zoned, zoned specific zone, char select, etc.).

htw

While you can do that, the first time you do a /plugin xxx, it will add that to your macroquest.ini file, unless you tell it not to.

/plugin MQ2Melee noauto

Loads mq2melee, but does NOT add it to macroquest.ini.
htw
VERY cool, I didnt know that. I have always just deleted the plugin list in the macroquest.ini when updating and letting it repopulate from my autoexec.cfg. THANKS htw

VERY cool, I didnt know that. I have always just deleted the plugin list in the macroquest.ini when updating and letting it repopulate from my autoexec.cfg. THANKS htw

No problemo man! :)

Also, for general info to people, your location of your .cfg files can also be in <mqdir>\Configs. Up to you, but I usually keep them there, just to stay away from the clutter of all the dll, ini, etc. in the main MQ2 dir.

htw