Plat Spamers

Hunter411

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Is it just me or do others find the constant spamming in game irritating?

Is it just me or do others find the constant spamming in game irritating?

They're everywhere, and in every game. I have seen it less in some (WoW) and more in others (LoTRO, EQ). Have not seen it in EQ2 yet, but perhaps when I get some levels. In LoTRO they have made it easier to add to ignore and report in 1 click. Simply right click their name and add then click Spammer and it gets them gone till they relog again. The only time in WoW I got spammed was when I stupidly accepted a group invite from someone, who I promptly reported. Also they are getting slick, in LoTRO they have made trial accounts not able to send/receive email, or tells, and many other things, but these guys use /say now, or spam /ooc like nuts. The few times they send tells from a registered account, when you go to report them it says the character does not exist. So they are either using hidden characters in their names, or figured out a way to log out and delete their characters fast. Yes it is annoying.

I was in Crescent Reach the other day making my TSS armor and switching around augs, I was there for about an hour. About every 10 seconds some idiot would spam /ooc with their plat website and pl services. I was about ready to murder them lol.

And then of course the ones that actually send you direct tells, now that pisses me off!

SOE are nazis when it comes to selling plat in EQ2. Its not profitable with as many accounts as they ban for trying to be a 3rd party plat seller in that game.

To me this is like receiving phone solicitation at home, its very irritating and we should not have to hear it or receive it.

I hope no one from this site is using this to profit. And if you are take notice of the ones saying welcome to /report /petition. Fair warning imo.
/report /petition works.
If you have noticed the spam has decreased because SoE is taking them serious if you use the above measures.

Yeah, it is also another reason they are going to a stricter authorization platform for credit cards. as chargebacks from the spammers are killing them. It is irritating to me also, wish there was a plugin that would suppress the plat spam messages :)

That wouldn't be too hard to do with MQ2ChatFilter, since they all use the same message pretty much.

Some type of Chat Filter would be great. What would be better is if some how a destruction plugin happened into their website.. oh say www.gm963.com. :)

You cannt filter out tells because you wont have the exact chat line

if you filter "www.gm369.com" or whatever it is, or just the copied lines they use.

Since 90% of the spammers use almost identical lines, it wouldn't be too hard.

the way i understand it ALL lines with the filtered text in it will be filtered. you do not need to filter the whole line for it to be filtered.

I currently use the plugin and when I tried partial lines it did not filter it.

I can guarantee you that it will filter partial lines. I can put in mob names, and have it filter out and line with that mob's name in out, from any kind of my hit/its hit/my miss/its miss to con messages and death messages.

You are each right. It will filter on any substr that fires OnIncomingChat. If tells go to main chat, good to go. If you use tell windows, you are on your own. :D

htw

I quit receiving spam tells when I started playing /role.

I can confirm that this works.. I have /role on all the time now, however, I turned it off once, and behold plat spam hit me within minutes... back on permanently now, and haven't received one since.