Plane of Sky Faction

Sabbatage

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Anyone know how to reset this faction? Once I zone into this old world zone, I get swarmed by every mob within agro distance, and it's a fair number. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Find a high level friend to help ya, he'll waste em.

He's going to have a hard time moving between islands if he can't talk to the NPC's to get the keys.

I've got the same problem on my monk.

Do you know the names of mobs that swarm you? You need to find the common faction name that you're KOS to, then go from there on allakhazam to find ways to raise it.

edit: if it's the inhabitants of sky, you're F*ed.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/faction.html?faction=511

Unless the loyalty token lady has a potion to repair it, I don't think there's anything you can do.

Last edited:
I managed to screw my POS faction a while back on a toon while trying to complete epic 1.0. I got cocky and killed a bunch of mobs then realised that I could not get the keys!!

Did some research and the faction is non-reversible, as in you can't do quests or kill other mobs to reset.

In the end I petitioned and a GM reset my faction with the warning - I shall do this only once;)

Just goes to show, not all GM's are bad :)

pfffft who am i kidding, yes they are.

You simply need to find a necro / sk to summon your corpse then rez you. The fact is its a pain in the ass, but you can still do it like we used to in the old days.

Yeah they need to add some mechanism to reset some of these old world planar factions. It's crap I'm still KOS to Tunare and shit.

I think you can do the muffin turn in quest to raise your faction.

I'm ally to all for muffins. I forget off the top of my head, but there is one faction that you CANNOT raise. The rest, ya.

This char has always been a human magician, up until recently when I switched races a couple times, but never entered the plane. Right now he's Drakkin and that has been my last change in well over a year, will probably stay that way, lol. At creation was an agnostic human.

Can you not obtain all the keys on one character (preferably necro/sk), then just summon corpse to w/e island you want. Atleast this is how I remember doing it in the past.

Also, you might be even be able to corpsedrag through the teleporters, but can't remember of the top of my head.

Yeah they need to add some mechanism to reset some of these old world planar factions. It's crap I'm still KOS to Tunare and shit.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you Blitz. I think that one of the things that sets EQ apart in the old days was that there were consequences for your actions sometimes. If you killed Lucan for Soulfire, you were gonna have a bad time in Freeport from then on. If you kill Tunare, you should be forever anathema to her and her creatures. Honestly, I think this is okay. It was well known even when Velious was new that if you killed in PoG, you would hurt some factions that couldn't be raised. If you put loot over role-playing in an RPG, then that is the result. And I am okay with that.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you Blitz. I think that one of the things that sets EQ apart in the old days was that there were consequences for your actions sometimes. If you killed Lucan for Soulfire, you were gonna have a bad time in Freeport from then on. If you kill Tunare, you should be forever anathema to her and her creatures. Honestly, I think this is okay. It was well known even when Velious was new that if you killed in PoG, you would hurt some factions that couldn't be raised. If you put loot over role-playing in an RPG, then that is the result. And I am okay with that.

I really miss that aspect.

I like that.

I wish it was taken further. Ie players are split into factions based on how they play the game.

I care about xyz or i want to kill dragons. Thus I'm allied with Giants and against players who like dragons.

Kinda like the decision for wow's alliance or horde, but instead of picking at character select you pick as you play, but all done behind the scenes.

I like faction in EQ, it does make the game "different." I don't see how you could split up players into factions unless you went to a PVP format, and nobody's going to want them for every server. Your idea, presumably, is like WoW, not to permit players on opposed factions to group or raid together? That would be a HUMONGOUS change to EQ and given the decline in player base, much to be discouraged. It's hard enough to group now without splitting the population into further "groupable" subsets.

Thanks for all the info guys, will def look into some of the options and post if I get lucky.