Patch day

lilwizzie

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
EQ currently down for patching:

November 7, 2012

*** Miscellaneous ***
- Made several changes to the way EverQuest is compiled. Please keep an eye out for any strange behavior. If you see any, please use /bug, or leave feedback in the update thread posted in the Developer Roundtable at http://forums.station.sony.com/eq.
- Increased the length of a friend's name that could be added using /friends.
- The command /language will now display the current language for the chat window.
- Petamorph wands now work on familiars.
- Fixed an issue with the in-game mailbox that was preventing the display of more than 10 characters.
- The "/outputfile spellbook" command will now properly output all spells in your spell book.

*** UI ***
- Added the ability to add friends from other servers in the Friends Window.
- Also made it so that the contact button in the Friends Window will operate for friends on other servers.
- Fixed a hot button text cut-off issue for Reprieve Rk. III. This also fixes some AAs with a similar issue.
- Fixed a comment typo in EQUI_Inventory.xml.
- The states of toggled buttons in the Pet Window will now persist through pet or player death.
- Added a "required level" column to the Merchant Window.
- Changed several key mapping names from "toggle (windowfunction) window" to "(windowfunction) window toggle." For example, "Toggle Party window" will now be "Party window toggle."
- Added a checkbox for audio triggers so that players may turn them off and on without deleting them.
- Fixed a visual bug with the "Hunter" button in the Achievements Window.
- Fixed a text clipping issue in note windows.
- Changed -
EQUI_Animations.xml
EQUI_AudioTriggersWindow.xml
EQUI_Inventory.xml
EQUI_MerchantWnd.xml
EQUI_NoteWindow.xml

- The EverQuest Team

- Made several changes to the way EverQuest is compiled. Please keep an eye out for any strange behavior. If you see any, please use /bug, or leave feedback in the update thread posted in the Developer Roundtable at http://forums.station.sony.com/eq.

Should we be worried?

I realize it is patch day and that normally we are down until fixes are made. However when that happens, in red letters it alwasy says MQ2 is down. Doesn't say that now. I know I'm easily confused but just making sure. It's down right?

I realize it is patch day and that normally we are down until fixes are made. However when that happens, in red letters it alwasy says MQ2 is down. Doesn't say that now. I know I'm easily confused but just making sure. It's down right?

It's down.

Good! I'm not crazy..............today.

Should we be worried?

This is unknown territory for me. MQ2 devs might find a simple fix and have it up in a day, or this could be a week+ downtime. I tried to tackle this on test server but failed miserable, though it looks fixable with enough time.

So the more donations they get --wink wink--the more likely it will get fixed quickly. LOL

This is unknown territory for me. MQ2 devs might find a simple fix and have it up in a day, or this could be a week+ downtime. I tried to tackle this on test server but failed miserable, though it looks fixable with enough time.

It's fixable. I have a solution that works but it requires a lot of code editing.

I heard through the grapevine they randomized the memory addressing. ASLR :(

"The job of ASLR is to move function entry points around in memory so they are in unpredictable locations."

Last edited:
I heard through the grapevine they randomized the memory addressing. ASLR :(

"The job of ASLR is to move function entry points around in memory so they are in unpredictable locations."

please now in english lol

well, it isnt really through the grapevine since it is on the main mq2 site. http://www.macroquest2.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=18533

and since ieatacid said he can fix it a few posts up, and hes the one that does the main compile there, i'd go ahead and trust him.

the translation is on that link, and if you are lazy, the short version is eq randomized the location of things in memory (bad for a program trying to read specific spots in memory), but you can do a workaround or disable it.

The good news for all of us is that this all happened before the expansion release. Now we can all be more hesitant on buying it! :cool:

well, it isnt really through the grapevine since it is on the main mq2 site. http://www.macroquest2.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=18533

and since ieatacid said he can fix it a few posts up, and hes the one that does the main compile there, i'd go ahead and trust him.

the translation is on that link, and if you are lazy, the short version is eq randomized the location of things in memory (bad for a program trying to read specific spots in memory), but you can do a workaround or disable it.

I was able to get in game tonight -- like literally 10 minutes ago after working on it all night. It works without installing anything to disable ASLR, which is how I wanted to do it -- similar to the first post in that link by iluvseq. There's still more to do but progress is being made.

I thought ASLR was what CodeCompiler injected into the EverQuest servers via FBI Mainframes in order to get his ND working. He just needs that last $20k to get the last little bit done.

That's funny, I know a guy who goes by the same name who just bought a new timeshare.