Question Ordering the Loading of Plugins?

EQDAB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Even sounds lame in my head. But I'm to the point I got to ask: is there a order plugins need to be listed/loaded in MacroQuest.ini? I mean after these three;
mq2main=1
mq2mmobugs=1
mq2ic=1

I have all the plugins included in alpha-order within sections, with the ones I use toggled "=1" & unused plugins "=0". I try to keep all files alpha-sorted for ease of locating info. Before every log-in I run the Loader. And then do a file compare on any new/changed ini/txt files. There seems to be no rhyme-or-reason to the order that I've been able to deduce. And with mine so organized, it never matches, requiring I check the whole damn thing, line by line so I don't miss something important. Only to find it's just out of order -v- mine, wasting time. So did my question make sense enough to be answered? :eek:

Even sounds lame in my head. But I'm to the point I got to ask: is there a order plugins need to be listed/loaded in MacroQuest.ini? I mean after these three;
mq2main=1
mq2mmobugs=1
mq2ic=1

I have all the plugins included in alpha-order within sections, with the ones I use toggled "=1" & unused plugins "=0". I try to keep all files alpha-sorted for ease of locating info. Before every log-in I run the Loader. And then do a file compare on any new/changed ini/txt files. There seems to be no rhyme-or-reason to the order that I've been able to deduce. And with mine so organized, it never matches, requiring I check the whole damn thing, line by line so I don't miss something important. Only to find it's just out of order -v- mine, wasting time. So did my question make sense enough to be answered? :eek:

I don't believe there is a specific order that things load in, nor do I think it matters.

The file shouldn't unload plugins by itself. A macro you use may unload or load a plugin for you. Common ones that get unloaded are MQ2Melee and MQ2Buncles, Melee because some macro handles combat on it's own, and Buncles because while it does handle loops, it handles them differently than the built in option does.

As far as plugins that get loaded, EQBC, NetBots, Melee, Cast, and Twist tend to be the ones that get loaded most commonly for their various uses. But usually aren't causing any issues that would conflict with normal gameplay.

If this doesn't answer your question then I think elaboration would be needed to explain what exactly it is you're trying to accomplish aside from trying to keep the file alphabetically ordered. If you quit changing the file then they should remain the same between uses.

Reactions: EQDAB
Thank you Chatwiththisname 8)

mq2main=1
mq2mmobugs=1
mq2ic=1

I don't believe there is a specific order that things load in, nor do I think it matters.

The file shouldn't unload plugins by itself. A macro you use may unload or load a plugin for you. Common ones that get unloaded are MQ2Melee and MQ2Buncles, Melee because some macro handles combat on it's own, and Buncles because while it does handle loops, it handles them differently than the built in option does.

As far as plugins that get loaded, EQBC, NetBots, Melee, Cast, and Twist tend to be the ones that get loaded most commonly for their various uses. But usually aren't causing any issues that would conflict with normal gameplay.

If this doesn't answer your question then I think elaboration would be needed to explain what exactly it is you're trying to accomplish aside from trying to keep the file alphabetically ordered. If you quit changing the file then they should remain the same between uses.
Your first sentence was my answer, but I appreciate the detail supplied.