Odd Lag on a single EQ instance

Quackanator

Reaction score
Bit of a strange problem that I'm not sure what is the cause or how to solved.
Untill last week never had any problems boxign multiple chars on laptop (up to five). I usually just box three using isboxer for keymapping and MQ to make EQ playable.

Now suddenly I always seem to have lag on one instance of EQ (always the sk i use for tanking) that causes all sorts of grief as you can imagine. The tank lags usually when castng a spell or when engaging multiple mobs or when a mob casts on it... the other two instances of EQ are blessedly lag free. I get this problem no matter what combination I use regardless, MQ+Isboxer, just isboxer, or plain EQ (yuck). Even running a single instance of EQ gets me this wonderful lag.

The options for settings/textures/display are the exact same for all three EQ instances and Ive dropped them to minimum, killed all background programs/tasks. Using Win7, just recently installed service pack 1 and associated important updates that windows seems to spew out. I've run endless scans with McAfee, defraged, prayed to the internet gods, sworn at the gremlins but to no avial.
Only odd thing is that usign a 2.2ghz quad core 4gig ram previously i'd never use more than 50% ram/cpu if that now the ram is frequently at 70% without anythign but EQ running.

Any suggestions as to why I'd be consistencly lagging on a specific instance of EQ would be greatly appreciated.

I think it has to do with that fucking welcome screen. I usually lag for about 60 seconds when logging in when that bloatware welcome screen pops up.

Is it high risk to block that still?

I think it has to do with that fucking welcome screen. I usually lag for about 60 seconds when logging in when that bloatware welcome screen pops up.

No, you can block it, no worries.

htw

Check to see if your EQ journal is on.

Seems to have been one of the culprits. Somehow all three instances had logs were running at the same time despite the eqclient.ini log=false setting. contant log was one of the cause, seemed to have found out the other major cause being whenever the tank proc's in melee (and sk's proc a lot) i lag, something that was happening with a few other melee classes in guild where melee procs were lagging peeps.
Oh well wierd ass game at times.

Check to see if your EQ journal is on.

Seems to have been one of the culprits. Somehow all three instances had logs were running at the same time despite the eqclient.ini log=false setting. contant log was one of the cause, seemed to have found out the other major cause being whenever the tank proc's in melee (and sk's proc a lot) i lag, something that was happening with a few other melee classes in guild where melee procs were lagging peeps.
Oh well wierd ass game at times.

log=false is for logging everything. The journal is just for NPC chatter. They are two different things. I've never had EQ log stuff to eqlog_toon_server.txt when log=false in eqclient.ini.

No, you can block it, no worries.

htw

thanks htw

reason i was asking was due to it being marked as high risk under the plugin section of the loader

maybe change it to low risk?

thanks htw

reason i was asking was due to it being marked as high risk under the plugin section of the loader

maybe change it to low risk?
You're not allowed to use common sense suggestions around here. ;)

htw