Normal compile time

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky13

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Hey question here, well maybe two.

What's the avg time (no not rushing, just trying to get an idea when to look back for it without holding my breath =P) of when the newly pre-compiled version of MQ2 with all the MMO bells and whistles is released once it's release from MQ2 site?

And is there a way to get the MQ2 version that I will compile myself to work with the mmo plugins? (I know basically how to compile the version I download from the site, that's about it, and I'm lucky at that LOL).

I guess once you've tasted the power of MMO stuffz, you don't want plain vanilla ever again =)

The compile really depends on what broke.

If a new exe comes out, it will take up to if not more than 24-48 hours to get a basic one out with basic functionability. More functions will start working as the day progresses and offsets are found, etc.

They are usually quite fast about getting things together after a patch, but part of that depends on when the servers are working so we can test what we changed in the compile itself.

As for the second question, i believe you would have to have the original source code of the dll's to make your own compile... or just load them into your compile once (if needed) they are fixed at all. Although I think the plugins are non-expiring now anyway.

Well just by checking [ame=http://www.mmobugs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4140]this[/ame] thread out, it looks like Gal has almost everything done up to fix MQ2. So expect a release in the next few hours. The new iteminfo struct hasn't been worked out yet though.

Fry.

Unfortunately, there are numerous bugs in this patch that will likely need to be addressed soon by SOE, so there's a strong possibility of a new EXE that will screw things up.

sheesh tim, you knew how long it took for me to get you a compile, calm down, go hang with the wifey for a change ;-)

That's just cuz you're a slacker Freq!

These guys here are on the ball!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.