No new Time locked server...yet.

rob

Super Trooper
Reaction score

Per Smedley's AMA, no plans...but there is an email to harass someone if you want it.

Not to derail (but I kinda will, I guess), anyone care to update me on how Project 1999 is doing? I enjoyed the heck out of that emu when it first came out, leveling 2 toons to the then-max 50 and even playing a bit on P99 "Red" which was harder, for obvious reasons. I left shortly after Kunark came out and I couldn't stomach the grind from 50 to 60.

Where's it at? Last time I checked they were going to stop at PoP, IIRC. Have they reached that yet? Yeah I know I could visit the forums and find out more but frankly that was the worst part of P1999, the closed-minded clubby "old boy network" content of those forums where God Forbid if you posted any comment or question which implied you didn't log on every day for 8 hours and pay attention to all the drama and soap opera goings-on in general chat: you could expect to be flamed, at least back then.

Code:
13:14 -!- Rogean [~Rogean@mmo-4EAD0543.hsd1.ma.comcast.net] has joined #MMOBugs
13:18 < Kodi-mobile> Hey rogean long time
13:24 <@rob> how goes the emu scene?
13:25 < Rogean> hey guys
13:25 < Rogean> not bad
13:25 < Rogean> closing in on velious :D

1/24/2014 PST timestamp.

SoF has been lots of fun on Vulak, probably will be beaten tonight. I don't see the two progression servers going to much further maybe UF / HoT but I don't know if they have any code written for HoT plus and don't see them writing it.

Code:

1/24/2014 PST timestamp.

Wow that's good to hear. For some reason I thought P99 was dead due to frustration of cheaters or some such. No I am not confusing it with EQMac.

I didn't think it was dead. But a few months ago when I logged back in and started a new toon, a monk I wanted to level on Kunark, I found all the noobie zones basically empty. This was disappointing since so much of the fun in P99 early on was due to the return of crowded low-level zones, like Crushbone, Unrest, Blackburrow, Everfrost, etc. That was the best part since it brought back overwhelming memories of EQ from 1999-2001.

Me and some other friends actually were looking at playing on P99 some. It looks really healthy atm actually. During peak times in the weak it's getting up to 1200+ users online. EC had over 200 people in it last night. The newbie zones I've been in have lots of people running around in them, but the only ones I've been in are the Cabalis areas and Freeport area.

I was actually looking to see if anyone else was messing around on P99 when I found this post hehe. I don't plan on trying to use any MQ2 on here (not sure we even have a compile for it atm?) mostly because I'm going for an authentic old school experience, and without boxing there really isn't a whole lot that I'd use MQ2 for on it anyway. I will say I am a little annoyed about the no boxing rule, I already miss my shammy box giving me buffs and slowing mobs haha. But other than that it seems like it's going to be a fun experience.

Hey Dev. I'd fire up my old toons and check out the server again if you and your friends are playing. LOL. I have a couple of level 50s that are ideal PLers altho if you want the "real" original experience you don't want to be PL'd.

Code:

1/24/2014 PST timestamp.

How's dsetup.dll?