Newish to MQ, would like help on AFK grouping

esoucy

Reaction score
I'm still relatively new, and the only thing ive ever used on MQ is things like, teleport, named tracking and fartaunt, but I would like to setup my box crew for AFK exping and have no idea how.

Anyone able to help me? or able to give me reference to an area where they help. I basicly need step by step instructions since I'm not familiar with MQ

Thanks in advance

Sorry, this information isnt given out freely. People generally charge for the macros to do this. Plus people dont want to give out camp/zone locations for fear of losing the ability to use those locations themselves.

Your absolute best bet is to buy some of Dev's macro's and talk to him, and he'll make you a very happy camper.

But nobody is going to give this stuff away for free. (People post a very similar thread to this every few weeks)

ah, ok, thanks, just wondering how much those macros usually go for? any idea?

hmmm afk xp

lets see find a high lvl grp w massive dps and good pulling

ask for invite

go afk

rake in the xp

nm i think u want something else

Your best shot is to try and find macros for every single class you have. This is actually the easy part. The hard party is trying to get a macro to pull flawlessly and configure it. Most people who bot normally just gets 5 class macros that automates everything from healing, to slowing, to engaging mobs, then pulls manually.

Pull macros are certainly not impossible, especially with MQ2Navigation. It's just very time consuming.

MacroQuest2.com VIP macros have some very good class macros. Costs about $10. Modbot, advbot ect.

We also have a few class macros around this forum.

Devestator certainly has some of the best macros around, but it's costly.

Devestator certainly has some of the best macros around, but it's costly.

The way I see it, you get what you pay for.

I have dev's macros from before he set up the site (bought 'em in like 2009). They still work flawlessly, even though I'm missing some classes (rogue, berserker, paladin) that hadn't been developed at that time. Yeah, they're pricey but to me, it's been a one time purchase that has lasted me for years. The only thing I've had to change about the macs have been spells as my characters leveled up.

Well worth it, especially given how idiot proof (err, resistant) they seem to be.

there are several macros/bots out there that are limited only by user's willingness to read and follow the instructions.

a lot of people seem to like modbot/autobot for generic abilities. a lot here seem to use dev's. i write my own. Whatever you use, to really max use your character, it is better to delve into some of the class specific ones. Dev's macros, like anyone elses, will become slightly obsolete over time as new unique skills/abilities come into the game that require new or different coding to properly make use of.

whatever you choose, id make sure it is something that is easily updated and uses an ini so you dont have to search through thousands of line of code. make sure it is well documented or that you understand how everything works so you make best use of it.

read through all the wikis, find out what plugins you need to best support your playstyle.

the key with pulling bots is to use a open area where you wont get stuck on anything. i have a few spots that i use when one of the camps are taken.

Dev's macros, like anyone elses, will become slightly obsolete over time as new unique skills/abilities come into the game that require new or different coding to properly make use of.

I dont want to step on any toes here but I do want to point out that Dev adds 1 year of support to every macro he sells and does a great job keeping his customers happy.

I still used the basic melee assist that hasn't been updated in who knows how long. I recently purchased another year of support for half the price of the macros for several of them because he had made some impressive improvements.

It is pricey like others have said but for how easy they are to use and set up. Id pay it any day of the week. To me when I have time to game, I want as few problems as possible.

dont take my comment as a dig on dev or his support (or anyone else's macros). i've not used any of his macros but public comments seem to suggest he responds well to issues if you actually tell him there is a problem.

I was simply stating that the older a macro is, the more likely it needs updated from changes in eq or mq2. go grab almost any class macro from 2008 and see if it still works as well. for the latest and greatest of anything you need current support or be able to do it yourself. the OP just asked for guidance on where to look and what to consider. :D

Even if you buy some macros, it still will take some time investment to pick a good camp and figure a few things out. Just know it's not easy to do that unless you are familiar with coding already (IMO).

Donation and getting access to MQ2.com forums is a big win also.