New Rig Coming Tomorrow

Cbass

Reaction score
Yea, this is my new machine. Will be running about 36 instances of EQ. I have the money so why not go ALL out. Hooked up to 3X42" LED flat screens:

Conqueror Ultra
PRICE: $7,871.00
QUANTITY: 1

Case: Conqueror Case - Galaxy Silver
Noise Reduction: Noise Reduction Level 3 - Replace All Fans
Internal Lighting: Ironside RGB LED Strip
Intel Processor Haswell: Intel Core I7-6950X 3.0GHz (Deca Core)
CPU Cooling: Iron Tundra Custom Liquid Cooling [240mm Radiator]
PC Liquid Coolant: Blood Red
Motherboard: Enthusiast X99 Chipset Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Red LED 64GB (8x8GB) DDR4 3000Mhz
Primary Hard Drive: Samsung 850 Pro Series 512GB SSD
Secondary Hard Drive: 2TB 7200 RPM
Optical Drive: None
Graphics Card: Dual Nvidia Titan X (Pascal) 12GB And High Bandwidth Bridge (Min. 800 Watt Power Supply)
Power Supply: Standard 800 Watt
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
Networking: Internal Wireless AC 1300Mbps
Packaging: Mess Free Packaging - Custom dense foam protect and secure internal components from shipping abuse
Wiring: Advanced Pro Wiring - Individually Sleeved Cables (Crimson Red)
Technical Support: Life-time U.S. Based Technical Support
Rush Service: Rush - Ships in 5 Business Days
Warranty: Standard 5 Years Labor and 3 Years Parts
Repair Shipping Coverage Plan: None

It's sorta like my car... when I was younger I always said "I would never pay that much for .....". but hey, now that I can afford it, why not. Go balls out or go home!

Not that I want to put down your mega build or anything like that, but why the dual Titan X? GTX 1080 outperforms the Titan X in the majority of categories, absolutely stomps it in pure processing power, uses less power and produces less heat, and costs almost half as much. The biggest thing I can see going for the Titan X is more memory, but I doubt video memory is going to be your bottle neck for EQ sessions.

Also, on networking, I hope it has at least a 1 Gbps lan that you plan to use? AC wireless even though technically capable of faster is not a viable replacement for 1 Gbps lan yet. There is still to much latency and interference in AC WiFi to really rely on it for smooth online gaming IMO. The AD spec that was just released may have hope to give us gaming capable Wifi with it's 8 Gbps speeds and operating on a higher frequency with less interference, although a much shorter range.

But, at least you wont need a heater in your computer room in the winter with that rig. :)

Not that I want to put down your mega build or anything like that, but why the dual Titan X? GTX 1080 outperforms the Titan X in the majority of categories, absolutely stomps it in pure processing power, uses less power and produces less heat, and costs almost half as much. The biggest thing I can see going for the Titan X is more memory, but I doubt video memory is going to be your bottle neck for EQ sessions.

Also, on networking, I hope it has at least a 1 Gbps lan that you plan to use? AC wireless even though technically capable of faster is not a viable replacement for 1 Gbps lan yet. There is still to much latency and interference in AC WiFi to really rely on it for smooth online gaming IMO. The AD spec that was just released may have hope to give us gaming capable Wifi with it's 8 Gbps speeds and operating on a higher frequency with less interference, although a much shorter range.

But, at least you wont need a heater in your computer room in the winter with that rig. :)

In all the benchmarks I read, Titan CRUSHED 1080 by an average of 25% on FPS on just about every game. So I would have to disagree there. Nvidia Titan X 12GB Review - Tom's Hardware

Of course it has a LAN, fastest one out there. The wifi card was only added for backup.

I also ordered after market cooling system and doubled the fans... So should run well as far as heat goes.

Also, I got dual Titans not just for gaming... for massive 4k video files fas well... so might be overkill for gaming, but not for what I do.

Full disclosure - I am as far from a techie as possible and don't understand much at all about the inner workings of what all the hardware does... so my assessments could be off.

Last edited:
Where is the floppy drive !

Would love to hear how well it performs. My new rig does pretty well up to 15 toons on an i7 quad core.

In all the benchmarks I read, Titan CRUSHED 1080 by an average of 25% on FPS on just about every game. So I would have to disagree there. Nvidia Titan X 12GB Review - Tom's Hardware

Hmm, interesting, I wonder what Tom's Hardware has configured differently. I usually use this page for comparisons

GeForce GTX 1080 vs GTX TITAN X

It shows the 1080 outperforming in FPS in 2 of the 3 games it tested FPS in.

Tom's Hardware results are quite a bit different... I'd still personally go with a 1080 because the value per dollar is still higher IMO with the much lower power usage and heat production, but I'm getting old I guess hehe :)

oh fucking please tell me you play more then eq PLEASE

Agreed. I can run 18 (haven't had a need to try more) instances of EQ on a computer worth substantially less than that. With a few hundred in specific upgrades I know I could reach 36+ instances easy.

Then again, with a rig like that I probably would have skipped the 3 monitors and went with full VR (or I guess do both!). You'd be set running max VR for a long time.

oh fucking please tell me you play more then eq PLEASE

I was thinking the same, but I have no right to tell anyone how to spend their money. Which is where I'm going to leave it at for commenting on this thread.

Nice build though!